10R

stangfreak

Established Member
10 speed auto over kill for the terminator or is it better than the 6R80 as far as performance? Thoughts?

stangfreak

Established Member
Everyones saying good things about it so far. I know they are working on the stand alone ecu for the 10R. I am curious to see how much better it performs over the 6R.

stangfreak

Established Member
Thats the ticket. I am still getting my parts for the 6R swap. Now the 10 is out. lol. But I am talking to mike on here and the 10 speed will be very expensive.

Michael Plackis

Established Member
It's the shit in a EB 2.7 150. No drop off in RPM's.

As you stated the best part of the 10R is the low drop in rpms when it shifts which is a huge advantage, but I feel like it’s more of an advantage in turbo cars. I could be wrong but that’s my assumption. I’m going to do the 6R swap for now as I’ve gotten all the parts for it but I am definitely going to consider the 10R in the future. My only issue with the 10r is that it’s impossible to find a used one right now and a new one is incredibly expensive from ford. If their price goes down a fair bit I will definitely do it but at this moment in time I don’t think it’s worth it over a built 6R, since you can get a fully built 6R and all the necessary stuff to install it for less than just the 10R transmission alone.
I will call and speak to USSHIFT this week and will update everyone. I am hoping the technology will be implement into the quick 6 and not a new device. I’m not sure how much information they’ll be willing to disclose to me but I will certainly tell you guys what I find out

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hasn't been announced to my knowledge yet.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
I saw someone post that a 10R was scrapped on a car running 10s.

I think with the amount of power alot of us have a 6sp is plenty.

Be interesting to see some real world comparisons though.

Users who are viewing this thread