1080p 120hz Samsung to a PS3

kaostik

Established Member
geez. i got a cable for free from comcast when i upgraded to the HD box. they tried to sell me the $130 cable at bestbuy when i bought my samsung tv, and granted, it might look a little better, but its not gonna look $130-worth better. and if it does, well, im pretty satisfied with the free one anyways.

ill apply that $130 somewhere more useful. PS3 HDMI cable for free wins.

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
geez. i got a cable for free from comcast when i upgraded to the HD box. they tried to sell me the $130 cable at bestbuy when i bought my samsung tv, and granted, it might look a little better, but its not gonna look $130-worth better. and if it does, well, im pretty satisfied with the free one anyways.

ill apply that $130 somewhere more useful. PS3 HDMI cable for free wins.

I bought two cables from Monoprice almost a year ago for my 1080i, and when my new 1080p came, I wanted to see if something else came out. I just about puked in my mouth when they said they ranged from 40 to 150$. Are you legit? I can buy these cables on line for a 1/16" of that price. So I just purchased two more of the cables above for HD/PS3. 24$ to my door shipped, and mono ships fast. I would plan to see them here on Monday or even Saturday.

torrence

TwinScrewed CHAMP!
Established Member
I just bought the 7 series 46 inch Samsung and the thing is insane.... I hagled the salesmen down $1800.00 for the TV alone... Had them throw in Monster cables, warranty and monster power center for 2300.00 total out the door.... ILMAO that night...

Bought the top rated Panasonic Blu-Ray player for it and movies are insane....

BronzeGod

Banned
6 series, wasnt much difference between this and the 7, and people were having issues with the 7 and the border giving off more glare.

Awesome. You must be loving that 120hz @ 1080p. Smooth as silk. My friend has a 42 inch Samsung with the same featureset. The PS3 looks absolutely phenomenal on it.

Last edited:

assasyn

Established Member
With digital cables(HDMI, DVI, Toslink) there is no difference between a cheap cable and an expensive one. If it was an analog cable then there would be a difference.

If the PS3 sends a digital signal, it outputs and code of 1s and 0s. So it's something like 110100101010001001010100110100101010101 or whatever. A (1) is on and a (0) is off. The signal is either on or off. You can't have it "kinda" on or "kinda" off. It's like either you're pregnant or you're not, there is no in between in the digital realm. If the cable is terminated correctly at both ends then a cheap cable will be just as good.

With an analog signal, it is sending a frequency like a color. If you have a bad analog cable that sends out a "red" frequency or signal and the cable can transmit that signal completely then it may come out less than red, like pink.

Hope it helps. I have bought tons of cables from Monoprice and never had any problems. I got (2) 3 meter HDMI cables for $12 shipped a few weeks back.

Last edited:

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
LN52A650 TOC 1080p 120hz

Nice, I wanted a bigger TV, but I got a small place and it wouldn't look that good. Do you use the amp feature? I don't use it on mine, the movies seem to look like soap operas with it on.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
everyone who pays a crap load of money on HDMI cables is a mornon... you can get them for 12 dollars online... and there is no difference what so ever. Monster cables could be the biggest rip off in history...

FoxRodStang

Established Member
The only reason people can get away with the monster crap is because of the marketing. Like some have mentioned, digital signals are digital signals. On or off, no kinda on. Its just like BOSE, its all marketing. BOSE= Buy Other Sound Equipment

I saw a blind test of monster audio cables vs a coat hanger. YES, a coat hanger. 5 out of the 7 audiophiles in the group couldn't tell the difference between them.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Read this for the skinny on HDMI cables...

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/field-notes/the-truth-about-monster-cable-266616.php

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/hdmi-cable-battlemodo/the-truth-about-monster-cable-part-2-268788.php

Bottom line is stick with the inexpensive monoprice cables as long as the cable run is under 25ft.

Whatever you do DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ANY MONSTER CABE OR WIRE!

I'm running the inexpensive monoprice cables for all 5 of my HDMI interfaces...

For a good laugh read this.... http://consumerist.com/362926/do-coat-hangers-sound-as-good-monster-cables

Audiofiles can tell the difference between monter cable and coat hangers! LOL!

U.M.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread