$103K for a Dark Horse? GTFO

slow98cobra

Established Member
Looks like Corwin Ford in Springfield, MO is going after the bucks on their Dark Horse. Seems ridiculous and kind of shameful. Are other dealers really trying to get 6 figs for a higher trim GT?
IMG_6709.png
IMG_6710.png

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
High ADMs are not new. Happen all too often. There are dealers out there who will smack a premium on any "limited edition" model like the Dark Horse. Not all, though, will add an ADM, and instead will go with MSRP. The buyer of that one might want to take a good close look at the paint.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Not sure how much longer the "murdered out black" look, especially wheels, is going to survive. Hope it dies soon.
Amen brother! Murdered out is so 2000 and late. I never liked it and never participated. Manufacturers are so slow. It used to be they would set trends now they cling to old trends and don't move on. Hell, we are still getting these ugly cars inspired by the angular lines of the now retired F-117.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Nothing special about these till Ford releases an actual special edition with either a beefed up motor (ala Boss 302) or a different motor (GT350, GT500).
But it has a dark looking horse on the side! Also two throttle bodies- which doesn’t seem to make the car any faster but there is two of them!!!

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
But it has a dark looking horse on the side! Also two throttle bodies- which doesn’t seem to make the car any faster but there is two of them!!!

Not only are there two, but they look unsymmetrical and... not well thought out.

Check out Audi's twin intakes on its 4.2L to see how it looks when done well. And for the Audi they treated each half of the V8 as a straight 4, reving up to 8500rpm with a cross plane crankshaft.

Screenshot_20230901-094605.png

Pretty sure it's only a Dark Whore gimmick from Ford. A little extra lace showing on the blood and shit stained whore undies.

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
ADM exists because the buying public allows it,...........wake up America !!
This is my point exactly. A dealer can ask whatever they want. I personally think ADM is BS. Why should a dealership ask for additional money over MSRP? Because dumbass Americans with money and no brains will pay it.

Over a $100K for a Mustang? I bought my house in 2005 for a few thousand more. Things are getting out of hand these days.

I learned my hard lesson years ago about buying new cars anyway. I don't plan on buying any new (to me) cars in the future, but if I did it will be at least 1 or 2 years old.

I stopped supporting dealerships long ago. I'm not hear to pay ADM or sign my life away on the dotted line for many years of financing ADM's or high interest rates. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Does anyone know why this thing has predator internals in the first place? Seems like unnecessary cost based on the numbers we're seeing out of it.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
So why should it be priced $8k cheaper than a 2024 Mustang GT?
I'm stuck at the mustangs should be under $40k mindset, havent been following these cars tbh.
The GT and the Dark Whore both have the twin throttle bodies.
I never understood the twin TB issue. People like Alex flores although drag racer and tuner, are not engineers.
I'm not an engineer either, but looking at other high performance engines, nearly all of them have two TB. 458 special (sub 5 liter, 600hp), c8z motor, viper v10, audi v10, GTR, whether turbo or NA, these cars have two TB. So not sure why its a big deal, specially if its more power than previous coyote.

Cars like the v8 M3 and the Gordon Murray T50, T33 have individual TB, but those latter cars are hyper car priced.

Users who are viewing this thread