$103K for a Dark Horse? GTFO

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm stuck at the mustangs should be under $40k mindset, havent been following these cars tbh.

Here's one I have coming in.

1693502104252.png

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I'm stuck at the mustangs should be under $40k mindset, havent been following these cars tbh.

I never understood the twin TB issue. People like Alex flores although drag racer and tuner, are not engineers.
I'm not an engineer either, but looking at other high performance engines, nearly all of them have two TB. 458 special (sub 5 liter, 600hp), c8z motor, viper v10, audi v10, GTR, whether turbo or NA, these cars have two TB. So not sure why its a big deal, specially if its more power than previous coyote.

Cars like the v8 M3 and the Gordon Murray T50, T33 have individual TB, but those latter cars are hyper car priced.
I don't know the reason behind the twin TB either and I'm not an engineer but the dyno numbers we're seeing are already proving the twin TB adds nothing over the gen 3 single.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Twin throttlebodies is usually a packaging thing. Easier to run two low, long plenums under a low hood than one big one. At least when it comes to factory set ups. If you look at most of them the throttlebodies are low and tend to point down following a sloping hoodline.

robvas

Established Member
Twin throttlebodies is usually a packaging thing. Easier to run two low, long plenums under a low hood than one big one. At least when it comes to factory set ups. If you look at most of them the throttlebodies are low and tend to point down following a sloping hoodline.
Yea, totally different intake designs. Pointless on this car.

One of these things is not like the others...

Attachments

• DUALTB.jpg
    DUALTB.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 85

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
The intake manifold is pretty much the same as the 18+ from the inlet back and we already know thats not a bottleneck. If it now takes 2 throttle bodies to feed the same manifold, I'd look to see what's restricting airflow between the airboxs and throttle body inlet.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I mean, hey $100K is cheap! You could always go for the premium $300K version!

I'll be at my Porsche dealer ordering a 911 for that amount of money.

Which 911 are you ordering for $300k?

Users who are viewing this thread