1000hp Turbo Cobra shocks passenger

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Nice, what auto is that? 470 or 680. And is that the Hurst quarter stick shifter?
Did you do the swap? I want to run that shifter with a 6r80 swap over the winter. and would like some set up info mainly on the shifter set up.

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
Nice, what auto is that? 470 or 680. And is that the Hurst quarter stick shifter?
Did you do the swap? I want to run that shifter with a 6r80 swap over the winter. and would like some set up info mainly on the shifter set up.

it has a powerglide from keith Szabo. it is a hurst quarter stick. I did the swap myself. very easy. drives great. yes for a powerglide even, I can cruise down the highway at 70mph at 3100rpm so it is humming a little. that is with a 3:73 rear gear, may swap it out to a 3:55 being a turbo car it will like it and it will drop my rpm some at 70mph on the highway.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Thanks for the replay. Yeah I watched it a couple more times after I posted and noticed the gears were really long... Then realized it was a PG and that's why you able to use that shifter. I don't think it has enough quadrants for the 6r80.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That must have been a huge adrenalin rush for your buddy. Awesome and brutal Mustang there.

Users who are viewing this thread