1000hp Ford gt vs 1000hp Dodge viper; battle of the supercars

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Nice! Paul kept complaining about the ABS acting up in the viper. I thought vipers didn't have ABS.

Ironhand

Banned
Hennessey blows regardless. It probably took him stealing money from 15 people to pay for those two cars.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The FGT didn't even look like it was sweatin it on any of those tests. Even the 1/2 mile where the Viper technically won, the FGT was moving faster and would have killed it in the mile. The car amazes me every time!

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
The FGT didn't even look like it was sweatin it on any of those tests. Even the 1/2 mile where the Viper technically won, the FGT was moving faster and would have killed it in the mile. The car amazes me every time!

Exactley what I was thinking.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member

I beg to disagree. Your comparing a beastly 510ci engine to a 328 lol. No replacement for displacement.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I beg to disagree. Your comparing a beastly 510ci engine to a 328 lol. No replacement for displacement.

Come again? Show me where the Viper has surpassed the FGT in any mile event? I don't care about displacement, it's the fact that Ford built a nearly bulletproof vehicle that can handle multitudes more than what it was designed for and it while making it look easy! The Viper may have more cubes but apparently it lacks the total package. The Viper has lost the mile competition because its breaking point has been found.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Come again? Show me where the Viper has surpassed the FGT in any mile event? I don't care about displacement, it's the fact that Ford built a nearly bulletproof vehicle that can handle multitudes more than what it was designed for and it while making it look easy! The Viper may have more cubes but apparently it lacks the total package. The Viper has lost the mile competition because its breaking point has been found.

I agree, but I also disagree. Displacement is why the Viper is king at a lot of things. Ford GTs own standing mile events but twin turbo Vipers run 8s on ****ing pump gas!

Equally impressive cars when modified IMO; just in different aspects.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I agree, but I also disagree. Displacement is why the Viper is king at a lot of things. Ford GTs own standing mile events but twin turbo Vipers run 8s on ****ing pump gas!

Equally impressive cars when modified IMO; just in different aspects.

I agree with that. Everyone knows the GT was never that spectacular in the 1/4 with its gearing. In stock form it held its own with the numbers it put down but once more hp was thrown at it it didn't make much of a difference unless you were taking it further than the 1/4. The Viper has the ability to be set up for drag while GT you just wouldn't do that to, but at the same time the GT can make just as much power all the while maintaining much of its streetablity which only a few cars can sort of achieve running at 1000,1200,1500+hp. That's something to admire!

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I agree with that. Everyone knows the GT was never that spectacular in the 1/4 with its gearing. In stock form it held its own with the numbers it put down but once more hp was thrown at it it didn't make much of a difference unless you were taking it further than the 1/4. The Viper has the ability to be set up for drag while GT you just wouldn't do that to, but at the same time the GT can make just as much power all the while maintaining much of its streetablity which only a few cars can sort of achieve running at 1000,1200,1500+hp. That's something to admire!

Your also forgetting who is the Ring leader. The viper is just leaps and bounds better power and handling wise. Really doesnt prove anything driving in a straight line in a mile, both cars are awesome don't get me wrong

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Your also forgetting who is the Ring leader. The viper is just leaps and bounds better power and handling wise. Really doesn't mean anything driving in a straight line in a mile lol.

Not taking away from the Viper but it has 2 decades of R&D on virtually the same platform and the "Ring leader" is practically a street prepped race car... there's not too many cars out there like that . The FGT's R&D spanned not much over a year and it was in production for just a few more and it outpaced the American competition on its release. What year was the Viper in the video? It's competing with a car that was designed in what, 03-04 and ended production in 06? The Viper is impressive as it should be, but what they accomplished with the FGT in that short span was greater imo, but of course that's just my personal opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread