1000HP CPR Single Aluminator

CPRsm

?? Strange post, I don't think Terry really needs to sell your products? JMO
Post was not meant for you so may seem strange. He knows exactly what I'm talking about.

CPRsm - Good luck selling your products "Exclusively". I guess you believe you have all the goods and everybody wants some.
I believe if it wasn't something people wanted so many wouldn't be upset by it and bring it up all the time. But as I've said many times when the product is fully tested by my customers it will be released. I'm not willing to test on the general public, and my customers know the possible repercussions of their testing. So I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't. I've accepted that.

Good luck Dasan. 8's on 15 or less psi would be something else. :rockon:

poof100

Established Member
151mph on 12.7 psi.

Hmmm. :dw:

What's the race weight again, I'm guessing 3800lbs+?

At the end of the run the oil light came on but went off. When i got it back to adams it was back on again. They're going to check compression & oil pressure this week.

I may have missed it, but you guys installed the TSS oil pump gears, correct? Should be pretty quick to drop the pan and check the oil. Keep us posted.

When turbos car work at full potential they are unstoppable in most cases ..but TURBO cars can be a huge pain in the butt ..so many little things to worry about..sometimes I feel unless it comes from the factory turbo I would leave it alone ..Turbo kits are NEVER set it and forget installs to me

I think this is somewhat misleading here.

My JPC turbo kit was finished up on a Saturday, drove over 100 miles each way to the American Muscle show the next day and ripped off an 800hp pull and drove it back home. 4 days later, with NO other changes, bolted on the Slicks/Skinnies and went out and ran 10.0 on the 2nd pass ever with a Stick and low boost. Hasn't skipped a beat since. In fact, we have blown up the rest of the driveline/rear end while the Motor keeps on humming (stock Boss motor) with TSS oil gears and better valve springs. The motor has over 30 hard passes on it with E85 now.

This is by no means a knock on anyone here, just pointing out that a Turbo kit works very well from the start, sometimes other factors come into play, mechanical failure, shit happens etc.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Sorry for the engine troubles OP... imo though, maybe it's just being in a bad mood from the engine.. but I personally didn't see where Beefcake instigated anything. Either way, at those power levels, and racing I would have a spare built motor ready to drop in the car... things are going to happen.

Definitely not a bad mood. It sucks but it's part of racing and if you come into racing thinking nothing breaks and things don't happen then it's not the sport to be in. I'm more upset that my motor that's supposed to have something may not and I might get a run around to fix it. Just speculation right now but that's the only thing on my mind. I don't need a spare motor, I have money saved just in case this happened. I actually was expecting the trans or rear to break so something broke just not what I thought it would be.

+1
Is there more to this story that us outsiders don't know?

There is more and I won't hash it out here, I'll PM a mod and let them deal with it. He's crossed the line a few times and there is an undlining story here most wouldn't be aware unless you've followed other post closely.

Exactly. The mph shows promise for the first time out. That's why I said that. I thought it was a compliment. :shrug:

But, with it being the first time out, you really want to examine everything with the build of the car. It would be irresponsible not to, or you could be in the same boat again. Not just him, but anyone doing a build like this.

Step one, if your logging, which I would assume they would have been. Would be to review the tune and see if there was anything in the tune.

Look for issues in fueling, timing, etc.. Once that's done, then you start moving on to the hard parts. That should always be the process.

Terry this isn't my first rodeo and we logged every pass and tuning was not an issue at all. As I've stated a couple of times but you keep honing in on it. The car was running straight and perfect, not a single issue with suspension, leaks, nothing. You come in these types of threads because you're a paid vendor and can get away with it to an extent to "politically correct" bash people, products and overall be cut throat to try and sell products. Also not to be rude but quite frankly I don't know how much you even know of that stuff because you always have someone else doing your work or something. I installed my own motor, trans, K-member turbo kit and everything with the help of a lift, a few over nighters, friends and a shop manual. Ronnie & Adam at Rev did all the stuff that I couldn't do from the suspension, exhaust cutout, fixing a few leaks and things I missed. I'm extremely happy that we had no issues until the motor problem. In my opinion that's always a successful 1st day out. And to add to this you're just bitter because you know you will never run as fast as the fastest turbo cars with your paxton. So you want to jump on and attack any turbo cars that run slower then paxtons.

Hmmm. :dw:

What's the race weight again, I'm guessing 3800lbs+?

I may have missed it, but you guys installed the TSS oil pump gears, correct? Should be pretty quick to drop the pan and check the oil. Keep us posted.

Borg Warner FTW man! haha! Jump over to YB when you get a chance, these turbos make some steam. Jose does a good job on them. Most likely 3750/3800 with me in it but Jason had the scales closed so I can't say what it was. I'm only 180lbs with gear on so it can't be that heavy. It's an aluminator motor and should've had the gears in it already.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Terry this isn't my first rodeo and we logged every pass and tuning was not an issue at all. As I've stated a couple of times but you keep honing in on it. The car was running straight and perfect, not a single issue with suspension, leaks, nothing. You come in these types of threads because you're a paid vendor and can get away with it to an extent to "politically correct" bash people, products and overall be cut throat to try and sell products. Also not to be rude but quite frankly I don't know how much you even know of that stuff because you always have someone else doing your work or something. I installed my own motor, trans, K-member turbo kit and everything with the help of a lift, a few over nighters, friends and a shop manual. Ronnie & Adam at Rev did all the stuff that I couldn't do from the suspension, exhaust cutout, fixing a few leaks and things I missed. I'm extremely happy that we had no issues until the motor problem. In my opinion that's always a successful 1st day out. And to add to this you're just bitter because you know you will never run as fast as the fastest turbo cars with your paxton. So you want to jump on and attack any turbo cars that run slower then paxtons.

I made a new years resolution to not get sucked into these silly arguments that always seem to happen, and then I get blamed for them. So, without saying anything negative, which I haven't yet. I will say this.

I do not know how me saying that you went a 10.0 @ 151 and that the mph showed promise, is bashing??? Politically or unpolitically?????? Someone asked what the car did, I heard what the car did and posted it, and gave props to the MPH.

You did in fact go 10.0's, you did go 151? The MPH shows promise on potential once things are sorted out.

I did not "hone in" on the tune, I said, Block, Gears, Tune, Heads, Valves, etc... could be "DOZENS" of things. That is not honing in on the tune. I said that is the first place to start with checking logs. You said you did that, I said, then you have ruled that out.

Again, I don't know how that is honing in on the tune.

I also said, regroup, get it back together and go get after it. Again, I don't know how that is negative.

As far as your Paxton comment. There are many head units above the entry level one out there. I have chosen to run the coyote modified class this year because that is where Vortech Racing wants me. The goals are mid 8's on a unit smaller than the Paxton 2200.

Again, best of luck sorting out the combo and regrouping.

poof100

Established Member
Borg Warner FTW man! haha! Jump over to YB when you get a chance, these turbos make some steam. Jose does a good job on them. Most likely 3750/3800 with me in it but Jason had the scales closed so I can't say what it was. I'm only 180lbs with gear on so it can't be that heavy. It's an aluminator motor and should've had the gears in it already.

Cage in it or no? I'd guess 3800 or so.

Interesting on the Aluminator. Did the trans work ok, no issues there?

I'll see what's going on at YB.

Deespeed99

Established Member
So what was the rest of the slip look like?

6.9 @ 118 / 6.8 @117 in the 1/8th. Both clean passes were 1.8 60's. Ill upload a picture of it with the vids later.

Cage in it or no? I'd guess 3800 or so.

Interesting on the Aluminator. Did the trans work ok, no issues there?

I'll see what's going on at YB.

No cage yet. Trans worked great surprisingly, i know im on borrowed time without the clutches though.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
6.9 @ 118 / 6.8 @117 in the 1/8th. Both clean passes were 1.8 60's. Ill upload a picture of it with the vids later.

No cage yet. Trans worked great surprisingly, i know im on borrowed time without the clutches though.

That really seems to be the weakest link, that and the intermediate shaft.

If you end up doing the clutches, might as well do the shaft at the same time. It takes 0 more labor to do it while your in there.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Holy hell!!! Send that damn motor back to ford get you're $ back and put a damn LS1 in that thing!

Yeah that's right, kick a guy in the face when he's down...not! Wrong time, wrong forum. There are plenty of guys racing aluminators regularly with big turbos and no issues. This stuff happens with all makes, its high horsepower racing. I'm surprised you actually suggested that in an all Ford Mustang forum. We don't use Obama engines in our s197's, they don't like high rpms with their 2 valve set ups. Besides the coyote potential for power is better then them bailout engines. Just check out how the cobra jets are smoking them copos on a regular basis.

Now go and troll no more!

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Yeah that's right, kick a guy in the face when he's down...not! Wrong time, wrong forum. There are plenty of guys racing aluminators regularly with big turbos and no issues. This stuff happens with all makes, its high horsepower racing. I'm surprised you actually suggested that in an all Ford Mustang forum. We don't use Obama engines in our s197's, they don't like high rpms with their 2 valve set ups. Besides the coyote potential for power is better then them bailout engines. Just check out how the cobra jets are smoking them copos on a regular basis.

Now go and troll no more!

:lol: Obama engines! :beer:

wheelsupcamaro

Established Member
Wow you guys must be that stupid to not know that Ford got help just like GM and every other car manufacturer.... Try again and he is a good buddy of mine so stop crying

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Ford took no help from the goverment. It was chrysler and gm! It doesnt matter if the guy is your brother your comment was ill advised!

wheelsupcamaro

Established Member
yeaaaaaaaa its all over the net it was all secret they didnt want public to know anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

LS motor has been out since 97 cracking asses nice to see ford finally came up with a good motor for NA

Users who are viewing this thread