1000HP CPR Single Aluminator

Deespeed99

Established Member
http://youtu.be/0aw9sLZ316A

I'll bump my build thread but figure i'd post a cliff note thread for those who don't want to read pages for results. Adam at Revolution Automotive got my car dialed in and done last night. I can't say enough good things about Adam as usual through this process. If you live on the east coast you've gotta check him out for dyno tuning! I'm very happy with the results and will be hitting the track this thursday or friday if the weather permits and there is a rental open locally.

9.5:1 Aluminator with ID2000's, Circle D 2B, CPR Single Kit & Stock 6R80.

The fulll graph are the final numbers & what its turned down too on pump & E85 to attempt to prolong the block. Ill have some vids up tonight.

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
When i build another motor in the future ill bump the compression. That has a lot to do with it since im running a stock intake, i think if i had a boss or CJ it would've made a few more. The torque is insane though and pretty linear. I definitely cant wait to run it.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
This is through a stock GT intake? When's it hitting the track?

Deespeed99

Established Member
This is through a stock GT intake? When's it hitting the track?

Yes, stock intake. Hopefully thursday or friday, i pick up the car monday.

I'd throw a boss on it and see how the power curve changes. with that much boost, I think the boss would shine on the car. We don't do much with turbo's, but the boss loves to be pushed

personally, I think you made the right decision on the compression. the lower compression will be more forgiving than an 11:1. we went 9:1 on the old engine with "fuel" the new engine is 10:1 since we run e85 all the time.

that will be changing though with having to swap to c16 for coyote modified

Honestly i didnt think when i bought the lower compression that id want to run it out high RPM wise. I just wanted the little safety blanket incase i got a bad batch of 93 or something since its DD. Im still more then happy and the numbers are still amazing for the combo but the next motor will have a MMR or CJ intake. Ill definitely look forward to finally being out there with you guys instead of internet chatter lol. :rockon:

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
BW S476. JPC triple pump system, (3) 300lph pumps.

Ok thanks, how much more you think you could get out of the 76mm if you had the block to support it? I'm leaning towards the 80mm with his kit since I have a MMR promod block coming to support the 1000+rwhp.....I'm shooting for 1200+rwhp on kill mode though.

Anyone know what's the Boss intake rated for as for as boost goes, will it take 20+lbs? Or is the Cobra Jet or the MMR roadrunner intake the best route to go, just don't like the price tag on both of those set-ups.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Ok thanks, how much more you think you could get out of the 76mm if you had the block to support it? I'm leaning towards the 80mm with his kit since I have a MMR promod block coming to support the 1000+rwhp.....I'm shooting for 1200+rwhp on kill mode though.

Anyone know what's the Boss intake rated for as for as boost goes, will it take 20+lbs? Or is the Cobra Jet or the MMR roadrunner intake the best route to go, just don't like the price tag on both of those set-ups.

20psi should be fine on the boss. if you start pushing 25, I'd look at the mmr

Deespeed99

Established Member

I think this specific turbo will do 1100+ Dustin would know more about it. I only did a 76 so I could class race if I want. We seen 20-21lbs of boost at time with some testing last night so I would think the boss could handle the same.

When i build another motor in the future ill bump the compression.

What are you going to raise it to?

Not sure yet, no lower then 10:1 though. I'm hoping I don't have to worry about that for a few months if not until next winter lol.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I think this specific turbo will do 1100+ Dustin would know more about it. I only did a 76 so I could class race if I want. We seen 20-21lbs of boost at time with some testing last night so I would think the boss could handle the same.

Not sure yet, no lower then 10:1 though. I'm hoping I don't have to worry about that for a few months if not until next winter lol.

10:1 would be good.

I'd look at the 465 pumps too for e85.

who's tuning for your kit Adam?

never mind, just saw

Deespeed99

Established Member

10:1 would be good.

I'd look at the 465 pumps too for e85.

who's tuning for your kit Adam?

never mind, just saw

I definitely will be upgrading to triple 465's. This was some what a budget build (If you can call it that, haha) so a lot of stuff outside of the motor/kit/actual fuel system I bought used.

Adam is the only one that'll ever tune my cars :-D

Deespeed99

Established Member
Did you have headwork and cams at that point or were they stock? Curious what the boss intake really gains up top over the stocker when pushing that much air.

Can't wait to see what this thing does at the track.

Bingo...I tried to keep it out of it but his motor was built with head work and cams, intake. I have a completely stock 5.0 save for rods, pistons, boss springs. The aluminator is nothing fancy.

How much wtq did it make?

Plus, aren't we comparing apples to oranges? I mean what if they were using a 58mm comp wheel? I know they're not, but my point is at 20 psi a 58mm comp wheel would probably only make 700whp. If we Put an 80mm comp wheel on there, it would make well over 1000whp.

Bingo again... I'm running a .90 AR to maximize spool. Even jose (Maker of the turbos) was amazed at the numbers.

Looking at these numbers Beefcake, I'll definitely buy in 2014 to buy the kit from Paxton. And it saves me $ $ $ to buy the fuel system. You were right had only see the graphic.:banana::pop::poke:

If you really want to compare do an overlay of dyno graphs. My numbers are leaps and bounds better then what his did when it made 1003hp and he had a lot of work done to that motor, much more then I did. Buuuuuut on that note my dyno sheet doesn't trap or run ET's so I'll just run circles around you on the track when you get that paxton making 1003 in 2014 lmao!

Deespeed99

Established Member
That would be awesome results if it gets to that number. Will be interesting to see if he can tbrake as quick as your car footbraked too in the 60'. This much power would be a good test of the 6r80's ability to stand up to big power launches on the brake. Can't wait to see how that testing goes.

I'm not going to use the transbrake. I don't even have it yet. I don't want to hear excuses made that I only ran that fast because of the brake. I also am afraid it will break things that haven't been broken before in the trans, I won't lie! I'm skerred...

Bud

Established Member
I'm not going to use the transbrake. I don't even have it yet. I don't want to hear excuses made that I only ran that fast because of the brake. I also am afraid it will break things that haven't been broken before in the trans, I won't lie! I'm skerred...

boooo, somebody has to be first and do the testing at big power. Take one for the team

Users who are viewing this thread