100 Reasons why terminator owners hate new edge owners

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
all i can say is wow. i have not been on here in at least 2 days due to insane power outages. i get on here at a friends house and what thread do i see STILL at the top of the list. this is stupid...

lizardbreath

Banned
99riocobra said:
all i can say is wow. i have not been on here in at least 2 days due to insane power outages. i get on here at a friends house and what thread do i see STILL at the top of the list. this is stupid...

THEN GET THE **** OUT.:loser:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
GodStang said:
This type a thread pops up every couple months. I am on my fourth Mustang. I bought a 2 year old 2001 Cobra with 14000 miles for $22000. I bought a 2 year old 2003 Cobra with 15000 miles for $19500 delivered. +1 for the 03. I had to have 4 T-3650 installed in my 2001 Cobra by 20000 miles with it never being raced or seeing a track. Still on my stock T56 @ over 650rwhp. +1 for the 03. My 01 had its factory paint just flake off at 14000 miles. This on a garage kept car. Still on factory 03 paint +1 for 03.

Those who say 03-04 are just dynoqueens and are not enthusiast. How come there are tons and tons of owners that are in the 9s and 10s on cars they built themselves? Yes it does make me very sad when I walk up to an 03-04 owner and ask them about their car and they say I do not know I bought it that way. There are a bit more "click" drivers in the 03-04 but I have also seen them in 93-01s.

I have owned 4 mustangs and have loved them all. I swore I would never sell my 01 when I had it. I told myself all the normal excuses that I hear here. It is lighter, it is rarer, and all the others. Then I came to the reality that the V6 hood on the 01 sucked, the v6 side scoops sucked, losing gears2-3 in my T 3650 sucked, the 2002 Mustang GT rims on the Cobra sucked, the fact that the 2005 stang GTs had near same HP as the 99-01 sucked, not being competitive on the track or on the street sucked.

Owning both an 01 and 03 hands down the 03 is better in almost every way. I still love my 01 and did many many mods myself but you have to be kidding yourself if you think the 01 is a better car. It just is not period.

As long as you are happy with the car you have then who cares what is better. And yes this thread makes the 99-01 owners look very jealous and very bad. As a previous owner of one this thread makes me sad. The 03-04 owners are going through the same thing having to accept they are not longer kings. The GT-500 is better in so many ways but alot of Term owners can not come to reality with that.

didn't you blow your 03 motor?

however, I do agree with your post.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
i dont believe the GT500 is a better car then the 03/04 cobra :) im not a fan of a 4000lb. boat...the engine is nice though, and the front end. lol

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
too much blood, sweat and tears have gone into my 01, and i love it especially.
I have to agree with that... my 01 is my pride and joy. The fun factor in driving it over my 03 Cobra just makes me :-D .

lizardbreath

Banned
CobraRed01 said:
Wow...spoken like a true Term owner (what ever that is). "As long as you are happy with the car you have then who cares what is better."...except when the owner of the "next best thing" (or is that the "last next best thing"?) comes into your forum and tells you how much your current Cobra... the one he "loved" so much and you still do... sucks...in many ways. Lighter, rarer and all the other differences aren't excuses...they are desireable traits of the New Edge to some. You "traded up"...good for you and any other New Edger who does so...now go back to your Terminator forum.

But, as a matter of fair balance, anybody who starts such a divisive thread in here slamming Terminator owners should be banned, the thread pulled or redirected to the "Smack Down Cafe" at least. Nothing wrong with the Terminator or most of their drivers I would imagine. But more importantly, if you haven't noticed the titles of these threads are available for all to see...if you kick up some dirt then you get all this Terminator riff-raff coming in here making a fuss. RE the GT500..."The King is Dead...Long Live the King"...it never ends. Your turn.
\
Swap out your t-3650 for a built t-56 that is what I am going to do.

chuckstang

Established Member
While I would agree there is a fierce war between the term owner and new edge but there is a new war brewing, gt500 owners vs term owners!!
Anyway, there is only one advantage to the new edge cobras vs the Terms. ALUMINUM BLOCK
That is the only advantage!

chuckstang

Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
i dont believe the GT500 is a better car then the 03/04 cobra :) im not a fan of a 4000lb. boat...the engine is nice though, and the front end. lol

The coupe is 3900 and it is less than 300 pounds heavier than the 03/04
Where do you draw the line? Face it, the terms were heavy pigs and so are the gt500's
End of story
A gt500 will smoke any stock new edge and Term. I bet you the next best Mustang built after the gt500 will smoke it as well. It's just evolution. Speaking of evolution, check out their 9 second gt500 if you still think its a boat. :-D
I would love one of those miami vice style cigarette boats hehehe

Mach0ne351

Established Member
chuckstang said:
The coupe is 3900 and it is less than 300 pounds heavier than the 03/04
Where do you draw the line? Face it, the terms were heavy pigs and so are the gt500's
End of story
A gt500 will smoke any stock new edge and Term. I bet you the next best Mustang built after the gt500 will smoke it as well. It's just evolution. Speaking of evolution, check out their 9 second gt500 if you still think its a boat. :-D
I would love one of those miami vice style cigarette boats hehehe

it wont smoke a new Z06 :) or even a C6 for that matter (which only has 400hp, compared to the 500hp from the GT500). WEIGHT has ALOT to do with a performance car...ALOT! but how can you say the GT500 will smoke a stock Terminator. they did the same stock 1/4 times practically. 300lbs. goes a LONG way...

Last edited:

svt99rag

Established Member
Having gone from a new edge to a terminator and being a car enthusiast I am a lot happier with the '03 (having 4 stangs myself and around 10 others in my family in the past few years). Looks better in every way inside and out IMO and performance wise the new edge cant compete. I in no way hate on new edge I love them. The reason the terminators dont have an aluminum block is bc they couldn't handle the hp. Ford tested them with the aluminum block and said it was "catastrophic." I like the new edge and will always miss my '99 but its all just an opinion. All the asses need to get over trying to bash other cars and respect the sport and stop posting stupid threads like this trying to start crap.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
it wont smoke a new Z06 :) or even a C6 for that matter (which only has 400hp, compared to the 500hp from the GT500). WEIGHT has ALOT to do with a performance car...ALOT! but how can you say the GT500 will smoke a stock Terminator. they did the same stock 1/4 times practically. 300lbs. goes a LONG way...
Every new SVT Mustang has outperformed the last, even if it is not by alot. There is alot more than just added weight to the new mustangs. The chassis is 100000 times better and stiffer than previous stangs based off of old fairmonts.
c6z06 is not a pony car , nor is the c6 so who cares :shrug:
If someone wants an american sports car, they would not look at a mustang, not a new edge, not a term, and not a gt500. They would look at a vette, viper, ford gt and so on.

chuckstang

Established Member
svt99rag said:
Having gone from a new edge to a terminator and being a car enthusiast I am a lot happier with the '03 (having 4 stangs myself and around 10 others in my family in the past few years). Looks better in every way inside and out IMO and performance wise the new edge cant compete. The reason the terminators dont have an aluminum block is bc they couldn't handle the hp. Ford tested them with the aluminum block and said it was "catastrophic." I like the new edge and will always miss my '99 but its all just an opinion. All the asses need to get over trying to bash other cars and respect the sport and stop posting stupid threads like this trying to start crap. Its tools like this that are not enthusiasts but jealous pricks that are not happy with what they have or dont have the first clue how to even change their oil. Stop starting these pissing posts and get a f**kn clue

For someone that has as much experience with mustangs, you really don't know much.
The aluminum teskid blocks found in the 99 and many 01 can withstand 1000+hp and that is a fact. Not my opinion.
The only reason Ford went with an iron block was because of costs and the fact that they built them right here in the states. The Teskid aluminum blocks were actually cast in Italy along side Ferrari blocks. Nope, I am not joking.
:read:

svt99rag

Established Member
chuckstang said:
For someone that has as much experience with mustangs, you really don't know much.
The aluminum teskid blocks found in the 99 and many 01 can withstand 1000+hp and that is a fact. Not my opinion.
The only reason Ford went with an iron block was because of costs and the fact that they built them right here in the states. The Teskid aluminum blocks were actually cast in Italy along side Ferrari blocks. Nope, I am not joking.
:read:
About the aluminum blocks thats what I have read about why they didnt go with them...and yes it did say that the cast was cheaper. Dont try to judge me on what I do know and dont....I have done a lot of research on what I buy and any mods that I have done to my cars. I have built several cars from street rods to muscle cars and I am not here to prove anything so I really dont care about your opinion because you have the right to it but it doesnt mean you are right. You not joking about what?.....was there a joke in there somewhere?

chuckstang

Established Member
svt99rag said:
About the aluminum blocks thats what I have read about why they didnt go with them...and yes it did say that the cast was cheaper. Dont try to judge me on what I do know and dont....I have done a lot of research on what I buy and any mods that I have done to my cars. I have built several cars from street rods to muscle cars and I am not here to prove anything so I really dont care about your opinion because you have the right to it but it doesnt mean you are right. You not joking about what?.....was there a joke in there somewhere?

I didnt mean to come off as insulting, my appologies.
I wasn't stating my opinion, sorry I just thought it was common knowledge.
No one will argue that iron is not stronger than aluminum, but for 99% of the population, the aluminum blocks will be more than strong engough for the task
:beer:

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
I'll be owning a terminator here in a couple of months... but I wouldnt be jealous or have any reason to hate on the new edge cobras. I'll like what I got and the same goes for whoever I run into that has a 99/01 cobra. I still think they are good looking mustangs... I myself prefer the 03/04 design more. I've never had a supercharged car before and thats another reason why I went with the terminator. To each his own and I'm not gonna put down any older brother to the terminator:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread