100 Reasons why terminator owners hate new edge owners

UCBeau

99COBRA2881 said:
:lol:
If this is true then why did MM design their K-member and control arms to move the front wheels 1.5" forward?
cause it makes the wheels spin faster, duh!

:D

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
anothersvtguy said:
I think he meant the same thing I did, if they were both the same price which one would you take. Definately the Term :coolman:

Point being I don't think anyone would own a New Edge Cobra if they were the exact same price as a Term. Which brings me to the point I was making in my other post, most of us have these cars because of their price and were the best buy in the price range.

Not sure about the "Definitely the Term" point for everyone in here, but the price point argument makes sense, Then again, I have a bit of different opinion on the subject and most certainly not a consensus viewpoint. If someone offered me a Terminator as a direct trade for my New Edge I'd stay with the current ride. There is something I found - and still find - very appealing about the lighter, aluminum block, N/A New Edge. I've never been a max HP fanatic and there is a purity about the N/A thing. An N/A engine is a truly tunable instrument, much more like a fine musical instrument than an FI motor. If I hung around in a lot of competitive circles it would be a different story. Right now my stock 320 crank HP is fine for me. I'd much rather prefer working on my suspension and driving skills. In some ways I don't think I've earned the right for more HP yet. For me a "Unique" and "Rarer" ride - that is certainly no slouch by historical standards - is just right. I'm not worried about dying someday regretting that I didn't own the "next best thing". Frankly, the New Edge is better, faster and actually more economical than almost all of the American Muscle Cars that came before. A worthy successor to the throne... in it's prime. Many will disagree...they wouldn't necessarily be wrong from some perspective...but I wouldn't waste my time trying to convince them otherwise.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
My '03 is superior to my '99 no matter how I look at it. That doesn't mean I didn't like it. It was a nice tight car, and was fun to drive. It was just time to upgrade.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
coreseller said:
BINGO!! Why try to drag down the Terminators all the time? They're damn nice cars that do have a few nicer pieces than the New Edgers, so what. Talk about an inferiority complex.

Same thing is going on with the terminator guys now that the shelby is out. Too many cannot admit that the Shelby is a superior car and appreciate it for the fact that its a newer, better mustang. I, for one, love the car and its power potential but HATE the fact that it's slathered with old-guy balls in a less than subtle attempt to woo the aging babyboomer crowd into the hotseat again.

lizardbreath

Banned
TrueBlueGT said:
Same thing is going on with the terminator guys now that the shelby is out. Too many cannot admit that the Shelby is a superior car and appreciate it for the fact that its a newer, better mustang. I, for one, love the car and its power potential but HATE the fact that it's slathered with old-guy balls in a less than subtle attempt to woo the aging babyboomer crowd into the hotseat again.

I thought that was the purpose of the new body styling anyways:shrug:

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
I got both - so I guess i hate myself :lol1:

The newer Cobras (after 01) are more powerful... some would say superior. But how superior is how much you wanna spend on it, and for the time being, all my spare $ goes into the 01.

Redhot91gt

Established Member
Some people tend to look at the glass half empty, whereas I tend to look at the glass half full. Im very happy with my car!:thumbsup: And this thread is amusing. :D

Mach0ne351

Established Member
ok seriously everyone.....chill out! i have an 01, and love it...but i also LOVE the 03/04's. i wouldnt trade mine for one, but ill be patient until i can get an 04 sooner or later. both have excelllent things about em, so fighting about it isnt really the most intelligent thing. hell i can say the 86-93 foxbody is a killer car too....LIGHT! cheap to mod! and easily can whoop on a n/a 99/01 with the right suspension and engine mods...at a fraction of the price...but who cares!!!???

here's another direction to look at...think about this scenario...

you current dont own a mustang..and someone showed you a stock 01 cobra and a stock 03 cobra. that person showed you everything about the car (suspension, engine, interior, etc.), and then they said....you can pick one. now dont BS me that you ALL wont take the 03 (due to the fact that is has a blower). i know i would..no doubt.

if i didnt put all the time and money into mine, i would have ditched it long ago...but too much blood, sweat and tears have gone into my 01, and i love it especially.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
you current dont own a mustang..and someone showed you a stock 01 cobra and a stock 03 cobra. that person showed you everything about the car (suspension, engine, interior, etc.), and then they said....you can pick one. now dont BS me that you ALL wont take the 03 (due to the fact that is has a blower). i know i would..no doubt.

if i didnt put all the time and money into mine, i would have ditched it long ago...but too much blood, sweat and tears have gone into my 01, and i love it especially.

Took the words right out of my mouth!

GodStang

Established Member
This type a thread pops up every couple months. I am on my fourth Mustang. I bought a 2 year old 2001 Cobra with 14000 miles for $22000. I bought a 2 year old 2003 Cobra with 15000 miles for $19500 delivered. +1 for the 03. I had to have 4 T-3650 installed in my 2001 Cobra by 20000 miles with it never being raced or seeing a track. Still on my stock T56 @ over 650rwhp. +1 for the 03. My 01 had its factory paint just flake off at 14000 miles. This on a garage kept car. Still on factory 03 paint +1 for 03.

Those who say 03-04 are just dynoqueens and are not enthusiast. How come there are tons and tons of owners that are in the 9s and 10s on cars they built themselves? Yes it does make me very sad when I walk up to an 03-04 owner and ask them about their car and they say I do not know I bought it that way. There are a bit more "click" drivers in the 03-04 but I have also seen them in 93-01s.

I have owned 4 mustangs and have loved them all. I swore I would never sell my 01 when I had it. I told myself all the normal excuses that I hear here. It is lighter, it is rarer, and all the others. Then I came to the reality that the V6 hood on the 01 sucked, the v6 side scoops sucked, losing gears2-3 in my T 3650 sucked, the 2002 Mustang GT rims on the Cobra sucked, the fact that the 2005 stang GTs had near same HP as the 99-01 sucked, not being competitive on the track or on the street sucked.

Owning both an 01 and 03 hands down the 03 is better in almost every way. I still love my 01 and did many many mods myself but you have to be kidding yourself if you think the 01 is a better car. It just is not period.

As long as you are happy with the car you have then who cares what is better. And yes this thread makes the 99-01 owners look very jealous and very bad. As a previous owner of one this thread makes me sad. The 03-04 owners are going through the same thing having to accept they are not longer kings. The GT-500 is better in so many ways but alot of Term owners can not come to reality with that.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
GodStang said:
This type a thread pops up every couple months. I am on my fourth Mustang. I bought a 2 year old 2001 Cobra with 14000 miles for $22000. I bought a 2 year old 2003 Cobra with 15000 miles for $19500 delivered. +1 for the 03. I had to have 4 T-3650 installed in my 2001 Cobra by 20000 miles with it never being raced or seeing a track. Still on my stock T56 @ over 650rwhp. +1 for the 03. My 01 had its factory paint just flake off at 14000 miles. This on a garage kept car. Still on factory 03 paint +1 for 03.

Those who say 03-04 are just dynoqueens and are not enthusiast. How come there are tons and tons of owners that are in the 9s and 10s on cars they built themselves? Yes it does make me very sad when I walk up to an 03-04 owner and ask them about their car and they say I do not know I bought it that way. There are a bit more "click" drivers in the 03-04 but I have also seen them in 93-01s.

I have owned 4 mustangs and have loved them all. I swore I would never sell my 01 when I had it. I told myself all the normal excuses that I hear here. It is lighter, it is rarer, and all the others. Then I came to the reality that the V6 hood on the 01 sucked, the v6 side scoops sucked, losing gears2-3 in my T 3650 sucked, the 2002 Mustang GT rims on the Cobra sucked, the fact that the 2005 stang GTs had near same HP as the 99-01 sucked, not being competitive on the track or on the street sucked.

Owning both an 01 and 03 hands down the 03 is better in almost every way. I still love my 01 and did many many mods myself but you have to be kidding yourself if you think the 01 is a better car. It just is not period.

As long as you are happy with the car you have then who cares what is better. And yes this thread makes the 99-01 owners look very jealous and very bad. As a previous owner of one this thread makes me sad. The 03-04 owners are going through the same thing having to accept they are not longer kings. The GT-500 is better in so many ways but alot of Term owners can not come to reality with that.

Wow...spoken like a true Term owner (what ever that is). "As long as you are happy with the car you have then who cares what is better."...except when the owner of the "next best thing" (or is that the "last next best thing"?) comes into your forum and tells you how much your current Cobra... the one he "loved" so much and you still do... sucks...in many ways. Lighter, rarer and all the other differences aren't excuses...they are desireable traits of the New Edge to some. You "traded up"...good for you and any other New Edger who does so...now go back to your Terminator forum.

But, as a matter of fair balance, anybody who starts such a divisive thread in here slamming Terminator owners should be banned, the thread pulled or redirected to the "Smack Down Cafe" at least. Nothing wrong with the Terminator or most of their drivers I would imagine. But more importantly, if you haven't noticed the titles of these threads are available for all to see...if you kick up some dirt then you get all this Terminator riff-raff coming in here making a fuss. RE the GT500..."The King is Dead...Long Live the King"...it never ends. Your turn.

Users who are viewing this thread