10 worst cities to drive in

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Very first American city I thought of was L.A.

I've been there, and it can be brutal. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that yet.

I thought of Seattle. Traffic getting into the city in the morning and out of it in the evening is hell.

I'm not sure what parameters they based their countdown on, however.

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
I'm surprised a US city made it on the list, I've lived in a few places overseas and there traffic laws do not apply anywhere, car crashes everywhere and if your American you are ALWAYS at fault!

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
As far as the US goes the worst two places I have driven in are LA and Miami. Been to Orlando serveral times and didn't think it was that bad. Never drove in NYC, but I thought New Jersey city sucked. I go down to Miami once or twice a year and hate driving there the most.:fm:

03snakenvtn

Established Member
I've never driven in NYC, but everyone I've talked to says driving there is easier than driving in Boston. NYC is on a grid, so even though it's really overpoplulated, finding your way around isn't all that difficult. Boston is the only city I've been to yet where you can actually see the building you're trying to get to and can't figure out a way to get there without a gps. And even with a gps, be prepared to make a few wrong turns.

RedDemon91

Established Member
Orlando isn't bad. At least the roads are in good shape.
Try coming to Chicago where we have what's loosely considered "roads". They're in such bad shape that you really need an off-road vehicle to drive on them and they're under perpetual construction.

Really? Trying touring all of Orlando instead of just one part and you'll find what you described about Chicago to be Orlando.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
As far as the US goes the worst two places I have driven in are LA and Miami. Been to Orlando serveral times and didn't think it was that bad. Never drove in NYC, but I thought New Jersey city sucked. I go down to Miami once or twice a year and hate driving there the most.:fm:

Miami is easy. Just floor it from every light and you'll be ok.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
Driving isn't that bad at all in NYC, it's simple and enough room. There isnt enough parking however.....
this is true. early bird parking lots ftw $15 or 20 for the day

I've been driving into NYC for years and have to say it aint too bad if you live close enough, coming in from LI during rush hours is a nightmare **** that. traffic varies and I really cant complain but then again I'm never in brooklyn or the bronx just midtown - easy enough in and out

Last edited:

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
I'm surprised the US only made it on there 1 time.

Actually I'm surprised it even made it at all... Some third world countries have some BAD traffic... I thought LA had bad areas (it has 2 of the top ten most congested freeway interchanges in the country with the 101/405 exchange being the most congested in the nation) but I drove down in Mexico City once, and DAMN... I'm shocked that it didn't even make the list! :uh oh:

So I'll +1 wireaters comment...

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Really? Trying touring all of Orlando instead of just one part and you'll find what you described about Chicago to be Orlando.

While I haven't driven in Miami and cannot form an opinion on the congestion, I SERIOUSLY doubt that Miami's roads are in the condition that Chicago's are.

Chicago drivers have a pothole hot line to call and every year it takes the city until mid summer to finish repairing them all after the freeze-thaw cycle turns the pavement into something resembling the lunar surface.

mysterio

Established Member
You hit the nail right on the head, in fact I work in NYC and don't even use my daily driver. Very easy to get around with the subway system, however if you do drive its a nightmare.

Almost this exact same thing can be said about Boston.

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Miami is easy. Just floor it from every light and you'll be ok.

LOL, good advice Sir. When I drive down there to me it is like driving in a race, problem is I am always doing it for work and I am in a slow rental. I have been to Chicago but didnt drive so I cant say much besides it looked pretty busy. It's not the potholes in Miami that are the problem, its the crazy drivers mostly. But then again I live in a part of the country were some people still know what a turn signal is.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread