10 sec STI on street tires

shaved03gt

Established Member
congrats to the owner of that car...my god that is insane. A whole new breed of cars that can run nines and still be driven everyday.

Technology has taken over cubes lol....so much for "no replacment for displacement", yeah its called technology. :beer: :rockon:

drdome99

I'm here for the vids
Established Member
and I think they say they shift into 6th right at the end... lots of shifting skills!

Last edited:

Dr.Jay

Out of my mind. Back in 5
Established Member
Correct me if I´m wrong, but the track that Subaru runs on, is it by any chance Ponce Speedway, in Puerto Rico?

Detroit_Doc

Established Member
Fugging rice. When will the ricers learn? 9 seconds is not "fast". Nice wing on that thing. Is it gonna take off? It sounds like bumble bees. My 198 WHP '96 IROC would rock that little 4 bangers world.

Haha, sorry I couldn't resist.

I'm not sure what they spent on it. Someone mentioned $30K. That seems like a lot, because for about $5K you can do a 550WHP STi (GT35R, engine management, injectors, fuel pump, intercooler). Not bad for a 24 MPG daily driver.

For anyone who has an STi or a WRX. Talk to Clark at Kingpin performance. He helped me put my 2.0l WRX into the 11s.

94gts

I need more money
Established Member
correct me if im wrong, but i hear 3 shifts (so thus being in 4th gear)? my freind has an sti and there is no way he is going to be doing 145 in 4th gear.

drdome99

I'm here for the vids
Established Member
94gts said:
correct me if im wrong, but i hear 3 shifts (so thus being in 4th gear)? my freind has an sti and there is no way he is going to be doing 145 in 4th gear.

the 1-2 shift is so fast I don't think you really hear it and then I think they just hit 6th at the very end. I thought I remember them saying this before on the Nasioc forum, someone else can correct me if I'm wrong though.

deadbeatrec

Established Member
the ams evo runs low 9's. big al's evo runs 9.9 and a few others in the 9's. so its like for every 5 or so evos in the 9 to 10 1/4 mile there is one sti that actually runs. not hateing on sti's what so ever thats just how it is.

jgheels2003

Established Member
deadbeatrec said:
the ams evo runs low 9's. big al's evo runs 9.9 and a few others in the 9's. so its like for every 5 or so evos in the 9 to 10 1/4 mile there is one sti that actually runs. not hateing on sti's what so ever thats just how it is.

People know how it is, and how could it be any different at this stage? The purpose of the thread was just to show the progress of this STI. Everyone knows the 4g63 has 15+ years of experience compared to 3 for the EJ257 and its aftermarket is much more comprehensive, so naturally there will be a larger proportion of sub 10 sec EVOs. There are a lot of impressive EVOs out there at many levels.

Anyways, they were actually having spark plug issues on that last and only run from yesterday so with the news ones they are tracking it on Saturday and think it should run faster. Whats cool about these guys is they always post results and vids asap.

Last edited:

jasil

Established Member
Boost Lee said:
...With a GT42R.

This car is quicker and faster than any 4G63 powered car with a GT35R.

No EVO owner is going to want to admit it, but it's just a matter of time before Subies hold all the records and EVO's are attempting to play catch up. You can't argue with displacement and with 2.65+liters to play with and a redline of 9K a 2.0 or 2.3 just isn't going to cut it forever.

It's just a matter of time, but I still bought a EVO.

Users who are viewing this thread