10 sec STI on street tires

jgheels2003

Established Member
10 sec STI on street tires, Now 9.67 @145

http://media.putfile.com/bigvalleypases 2 runs on the vid

This car is on the stock 6 speed tranny, GT35R , full interior, AC etc. Kind of ironic how weak the WRX tranny is and then you see what the STI's get. Runs a 9.7 on Hoosiers but you don't see it on the board. The guy driving the car is unreal, notice how fast he has to cut through 1st and 2nd!

**Updated to 9.67 @ 145**
http://west.carrito.net/videos/bigvalley.wmv

Last edited:

Mrh00nel2

US Marine
Established Member
its 720whp bigvalley and the tuner is gadiel

sick power, it beat the 3 fastest 9 sec evos at the wrx vs evo shootout. its on the cover of turbo mag jan 06 issue

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
lol at evo stalling, its easier to stall a AWD car on a launch, but i thought it was funny.

btw, love the awd burn out marks left behind :burnout:

jasil

Established Member
Definately leading the pack for the subie camp!!! Just so people know this isn't some bolt on WRX do a little search for the mods and your looking at 30K. Not that money matters I just want the uninformed to understand this isn't a easy venture.

98cobra snake

NA
Established Member
jasil said:
Definately leading the pack for the subie camp!!! Just so people know this isn't some bolt on WRX do a little search for the mods and your looking at 30K. Not that money matters I just want the uninformed to understand this isn't a easy venture.
30K :kaboom:

nav_sc

Established Member
Like Jasil said that car has lot more mods than a GT35!!! First of all it has cams,stroked, NOS, etc.. It is fully moded so please inform yourself. It still has full interior and very fast!! Lots of props :banana: to the car!! Sick ride!

jgheels2003

Established Member
nav_sc said:
Like Jasil said that car has lot more mods than a GT35!!! First of all it has cams,stroked, NOS, etc.. It is fully moded so please inform yourself. It still has full interior and very fast!! Lots of props :banana: to the car!! Sick ride!

The cams are stock. A 75 shot of NOS to spool-up for the launch, closed deck R3 2.65L block, ported/polished heads etc. Obvious this thing has a lot of work done and at this level most do!

www.carrito.net/bigvalley/9.7sec @143.8mph Big Valley STI.mov
This view shows the board on the 9 sec run.

Last edited:

jasil

Established Member
OT: This has been on my mind for quite awhile it's a little off topic hence the OT. I posted a guesstimate as to what it would cost to replicate this car and someone posted a big thumbsdown. I'll be the first one to admit that STI's/EVO's will cost more to to run the number than a mustang and some numbers they will never run, but the difference for the average enthusiast isn't that much different.

There are many 03/04' cobras that run low 10's@140, but they are spending alot too. KB/Whipple, Heat exchanger, DSS level V shafts, Clutch, injectors, and except for the few turbo exceptions a built motor with cams, exhaust etc etc your easily looking at 20K+ when you factor in labor. TT kits will be able to do it cheaper as will ported Eatons with big 150+ shots, but most people are still using Whipples/KB's.

Is it cheaper to go that fast in a Cobra, YES IT IS, but the difference is not astronomical. I will say that the reliability at that level is very much in the mustangs favor. Just food for thought.

Not trying to start a big debate I was just looking to spread a little truth out there.

98cobra snake

NA
Established Member
jasil said:
OT: This has been on my mind for quite awhile it's a little off topic hence the OT. I posted a guesstimate as to what it would cost to replicate this car and someone posted a big thumbsdown. I'll be the first one to admit that STI's/EVO's will cost more to to run the number than a mustang and some numbers they will never run, but the difference for the average enthusiast isn't that much different.

There are many 03/04' cobras that run low 10's@140, but they are spending alot too. KB/Whipple, Heat exchanger, DSS level V shafts, Clutch, injectors, and except for the few turbo exceptions a built motor with cams, exhaust etc etc your easily looking at 20K+ when you factor in labor. TT kits will be able to do it cheaper as will ported Eatons with big 150+ shots, but most people are still using Whipples/KB's.

Is it cheaper to go that fast in a Cobra, YES IT IS, but the difference is not astronomical. I will say that the reliability at that level is very much in the mustangs favor. Just food for thought.

Not trying to start a big debate I was just looking to spread a little truth out there.
That was me. Don't get me wrong that's a nice STi I kind of like them, but the 30k shocked me.

Users who are viewing this thread