10 Sec N/A Bolt-On/ Tune MT82 Coyote At Ford Fever Classic.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Are you running just straight out the x pipe or actual dumps off the x pipe? Or do you have a bullet with dumps off the x pipe? Or a picture would work lol. The record is 10.88 for a stick coyote and 10.47 for Boss. I am hoping for 10.70-10.80....I will make a tad more power (cams) but 200lbs heavier. What was your 2 step set at?
The Auto record should be faster than the stick in either Boss or Coyote. Problem is the Boss didnt come in stick and Boss internals are better for going all out.
The NEW problem is, the s550 coyote (coyote 2.0) has an auto and better internals, but IRS in comparison to the s197's SRA.

Op, i forgot to ask, are you running an MGW setup?

Solo302

Established Member
Ok awesome man. Is it fumey in the car? Stock axles and rear besides the gear? When you pulled the catback off did you have to make hangers for the x pipe to pull it up some of was it good just pull the cat back off and go? Noise doesn't bother me my car is already as loud as yours lol I just wanna drop some weight and maybe gain 4-5 hp.

No its not that fumey at all inside. I dropped the axle backs pretty easily but the mid pipes were a pita since i didnt have a lift. I had to saw-zaw them in half. ANd no you dont need hangers, the JBA o/r X is pretty light and it doesnt sag much hanging off the headers.

Solo302

Established Member
The Auto record should be faster than the stick in either Boss or Coyote. Problem is the Boss didnt come in stick and Boss internals are better for going all out.
The NEW problem is, the s550 coyote (coyote 2.0) has an auto and better internals, but IRS in comparison to the s197's SRA.

Op, i forgot to ask, are you running an MGW setup?
The Boss is a stick, MT82?!? the Auto record is 10.59 N/A, Bolt-on/ Tune only. The 2015's definitely make a little more power mod for mod. I'm not using the MGW shifter, i use the Barton 2 post bracket, Barton short shift kit, whiteline poly trans mount insert with a 1.8 Pound billet steel shift knob. That combo is working great for me.

Last edited:

HandBanana

Established Member
OP Great runs and great driving. It almost sounds like you could leave a little harder.

To the others debating the bolt on ls. My WS6 made 360 with a lid and mac shorty headers and nothing else not even a tune. This was through the stock exhaust also. At full weight about 3600 with big wheels on it it went 114.5 MPH. Why wouldn't a car with more power,skinnies and 600 pounds lighter go 123?

on a hub dyno maybe.

corysmach1

Established Member
No its not that fumey at all inside. I dropped the axle backs pretty easily but the mid pipes were a pita since i didnt have a lift. I had to saw-zaw them in half. ANd no you dont need hangers, the JBA o/r X is pretty light and it doesnt sag much hanging off the headers.

Ok awesome thanks man I will do the same. The Boss is faceplated Magnum. I also run a Magnum which hurts us NA. His car makes 503 on FTW fuel through 5:14s I run 4:88s.

Solo302

Established Member
Ok awesome thanks man I will do the same. The Boss is faceplated Magnum. I also run a Magnum which hurts us NA. His car makes 503 on FTW fuel through 5:14s I run 4:88s.

Are you talking about the Boss that went 10.47? Is he just bolt-on/tune on FTW Purple? I'm assuming you run 26 inch tires with 4.88s and a magnum? What's his weight, and your cars weight? That's moving! And good luck man!

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
Yep, my full bolton C5Z made 387 RWHP with blackwing, TPiS LTs, off road X and B&B PRT quad/cat back, later on I added FAST IM and 90mm LS2 TB. Retuned, but never dynoed it again.

So are you saying it made 387 with "full bolt ons" then you added more bolt on's? Does that make it double full bolt on's?

corysmach1

Established Member
Are you talking about the Boss that went 10.47? Is he just bolt-on/tune on FTW Purple? I'm assuming you run 26 inch tires with 4.88s and a magnum? What's his weight, and your cars weight? That's moving! And good luck man!

Yes it's Sean's. His car weighs 3160 RW is 3400. My car went 11.40s stock suspension in 3k DA. 28" tall tire I needed 5:14s. My raceweight was 3760 lol. I should have gained 30-40rwhp since then and dropped over 100lbs and done suspension with hopefully some good air coming.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
So are you saying it made 387 with "full bolt ons" then you added more bolt on's? Does that make it double full bolt on's?

A FAST IM and 90mm TB aren't normal bolt-on mods you would do if you were NOT proceeding with heads and cam. The stock LS6 manifold and TB are more than enough for a bolt-on car. I got the setup really cheap from a guy needing money to rebuild his motor, think I paid 500 for both the intake and TB. I was planning on doing a cam swap later on down the road, but started to lose interest in the car.

Last edited:

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
A FAST IM and 90mm TB aren't normal bolt-on mods you would do if you were NOT proceeding with heads and cam. The stock LS6 manifold and TB are more than enough for a bolt-on car. I got the setup really cheap from a guy needing money to rebuild his motor, think I paid 500 for both the intake and TB. I was planning on doing a cam swap later on down the road, but started to lose interest in the car.

Intake manifold and throttle body are still bolt on's, even if they aren't the norm... That would mean a boss intake or cobra jet coyote aren't bolt on cars anymore (look at op) a exhaust and cold air intake is definitely not "full bolt on" for any car

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Intake manifold and throttle body are still bolt on's, even if they aren't the norm... That would mean a boss intake or cobra jet coyote aren't bolt on cars anymore (look at op) a exhaust and cold air intake is definitely not "full bolt on" for any car

Hell everything is technically a bolt-on, my cylinder heads, cam, intake etc. I will stop using the term H/C/I + full bolt-ons and simply just claim full bolt-ons.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
hey check out my cam only setup!!!

314dp48.jpg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup, rev'ing to 7950 I believe. And thanks!

Have you considered throwing the 3.73s back in? They would take you to 134 mph with your current shift point.

you might not have the horsepower to get you to 134 right now, but i would almost bet you'd pick up some mph with no other changes.

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
Hell everything is technically a bolt-on, my cylinder heads, cam, intake etc. I will stop using the term H/C/I + full bolt-ons and simply just claim full bolt-ons.

Lol ok, then if heads and cam are "technically a bolt-on" you were REALLY wrong calling an exhaust and cold air intake a full bolt on car. You're missing a lot of shit, aren't you?

Intake and throttle body are bolt on's, it's common knowledge. Heads and cam are not... I'm sure you know this, for whatever reason you don't want to admit you were wrong. Not gonna argue it with you.

jleews6

Established Member
Thanks, I think you're right about launching a little higher. I think i could have left with 200-400 more RPM's on the 2 step. it was bogging slightly, especially on the second run...

I agree. If it dead hooks and you can leave higher it will get rid of that slight bog and carry more forward momentum and will also let the motor spin up faster. That plus the good weather is coming I wouldnt be surprised if it went 10.70s. Pretty impressive considering its running quicker then allot of the boosted cars today.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Lol ok, then if heads and cam are "technically a bolt-on" you were REALLY wrong calling an exhaust and cold air intake a full bolt on car. You're missing a lot of shit, aren't you?

Intake and throttle body are bolt on's, it's common knowledge. Heads and cam are not... I'm sure you know this, for whatever reason you don't want to admit you were wrong. Not gonna argue it with you.

At this point youre are digging and trying to be difficult just to be an dick which says a lot about you. Most common knowledge car guys don't consider the $1000+ FAST setup a nor mal bolt on as it normally on LS stuff doesn't prove its worth unless you have upgraded heads or Vavaletrain. I'm sure at this point you will correct my gramm(e)r and/or call out my car knowledge.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
OP Great runs and great driving. It almost sounds like you could leave a little harder.

To the others debating the bolt on ls. My WS6 made 360 with a lid and mac shorty headers and nothing else not even a tune. This was through the stock exhaust also. At full weight about 3600 with big wheels on it it went 114.5 MPH. Why wouldn't a car with more power,skinnies and 600 pounds lighter go 123?

For comparison my bolt on02 z28 went [email protected] and never once made more than 335rwhp on 3 different dynojets. 100% full weight. Had spare removed but also has a 12" sub and amp in it.

Users who are viewing this thread