10 sec 2015 auto

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Congrats! That thing is making some power!

A converter should knock an easy .2 off the 60' & probably .4 off your ET

Tim03cobra

Established Member
It has 3.15 gears. Axles and a converter are on the to do list next. The guy in the ZL1 Camaro said he wants to trade in his car for a 2015 GT after I beat him but, He has too much money in his car. :)

What gears are in the car 3.15 or 3.55?

Last edited:

chevpwr

Established Member
My Hellion twin kit and 800hp axles are on the way, I have 3.55's a Circle D 3B converter. I hope the 3.55's aren't too much with the turbos, might be looking for some 3.15's.
My Magnaflow 3" Street catback will be here Tuesday, I'll install it Wednesday and go to the track Friday in Tulsa (if it's not still raining) and try for my 11.99 before the turbo install.

Last edited:

Tim03cobra

Established Member
11.99 is definitely possible. I ran a 12.48 almost completely stock. I cut the same 60 foot with the stock tires because the stock converter is so tight. Thunder Valley opened on Thursday night because of the rain forcast.

My Hellion twin kit and 800hp axles are on the way, I have 3.55's a Circle D 3B converter. I hope the 3.55's aren't too much with the turbos, might be looking for some 3.15's.
My Magnaflow 3" Street catback will be here Tuesday, I'll install it Wednesday and go to the track Friday in Tulsa (if it's not still raining) and try for my 11.99 before the turbo install.

Last edited:

chevpwr

Established Member
I went 12.28 my last time out with the new converter but the tune was off, it was short-shifting at 6600. I have had the new tune revision for about a month, I was just waiting for Magnaflow to produce the new style exhaust to fit the convertibles. My car weighs 3915lbs with out a driver, 4100lbs with me in it :(

Last edited:

Tim03cobra

Established Member
I wasn't expecting it but I totally skipped the 11's. I've never done that before.

I went 12.28 my last time out with the new converter but the tune was off, it was short-shifting at 6600. I have had the new tune revision for about a month, I was just waiting for Magnaflow to produce the new style exhaust to fit the convertibles. My car weighs 3915lbs with out a driver, 4100lbs with me in it :(

olaosunt

Established Member

Subscribing for results. I haven't seen any TT times yet.

I just pulled the trigger on the Hellion TT going on my 2015 auto with 3.55's.

Are you running stock axles and drive shaft?

I already have the 800 HP axles and just ordered a drive shaft.

Hoping I don't need them for the auto(but will have on hand just in case) so I can use them on my Manual whenever I get it back from On3.

Bought a bunch of Steeda IRS parts(bushing supports,Brace,vertical links,Track pack toe links) to avoid hop but already spent more than just getting the axles.lol

Going to lower with steeda progressive springs-will install just the front first.

Also have Viking adjustable shocks but want to see what the car does on stock shocks.

Will probably do the rear springs when I do them.

I am really trying to avoid ANY NVH on this car so wanting to avoid bushings.

Last edited:

Tim03cobra

Established Member
My car weights about 4000 with me in it. It needs to loose some weight. I have 1400 axles and a converter on the way.

Last edited:

chevpwr

Established Member
The car is a little different than what I'm used to. I ran faster when you didn't cool it off. I also made more power on the dyno hot.

Mine is the same way, the two times that I went to the track I made my fastest pass after the 75 mile drive to get there.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Coyotes like heat for some reason. My fastest passes always happened hot lapping or just after the drive in and tech in.

Tim03cobra

Established Member
My tuner said it pulls back timing if it's cooled off. He's working to fix that. On the dyno cooled off the car made 520 rwhp it showed negative 7 degrees timing. Then on back to back pulls it made around 684 to 706 rwhp with 20 and 21 degrees timing.

Tim03cobra

Established Member
The boost is right at 15lbs. It jumped to 15.9 on the dyno. My axles didn't arrive yet. But, I'm still going for the 9sec pass tomorrow at Thunder Valley. That 3600 stall converter makes it feel crazy fast out of the hole.

Whats the boost level on this rig?

Loved watching this car tear up the track in OKC!
Can't wait to see the 9 second pass out of it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread