10 sec 2015 auto

ProChargerTECH

The boost is right at 15lbs. It jumped to 15.9 on the dyno. My axles didn't arrive yet. But, I'm still going for the 9sec pass tomorrow at Thunder Valley. That 3600 stall converter makes it feel crazy fast out of the hole.

The second you have a photo of that slip, you better be sending me an email. :)
You have my card?

Otherwise send it to [email protected] :)

Thanks!

PIKE5.0

Established Member
My tuner said it pulls back timing if it's cooled off. He's working to fix that. On the dyno cooled off the car made 520 rwhp it showed negative 7 degrees timing. Then on back to back pulls it made around 684 to 706 rwhp with 20 and 21 degrees timing.

Kill the cylinder head temp comp

Tim03cobra

Established Member
I'll talk to him about that. I made a few passes last night but, The weather was crappy. 90% humidity. It was bad. My 60 foot improved to 1.545 with the stock axles.

Kill the cylinder head temp comp

Attachments

• 1434828802700.jpg
    1434828802700.jpg
    639.2 KB · Views: 650

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
10.5's at 130+ is a nice place to be in summer time, good work. Are you using your line lock to do a burnout? Which mode are you using? Thx!

Tim03cobra

Established Member
Sport Mode. I can never get used to setting it up the line lock and switching to the air fuel screen. I just checked to boost on the road and I'm only getting about 10 lbs. The belt must need tightened after a few hundred miles. It should be at about 15 lbs. I was wondering why it dropped about 5mph in the 1/4. I thought it was all weather related.

10.5's at 130+ is a nice place to be in summer time, good work. Are you using your line lock to do a burnout? Which mode are you using? Thx!

Last edited:

ProChargerTECH

Sport Mode. I can never get used to setting it up the line lock and switching to the air fuel screen. I just checked to boost on the road and I'm only getting about 10 lbs. The belt must need tightened after a few hundred miles. It should be at about 15 lbs. I was wondering why it dropped about 5mph in the 1/4. I thought it was all weather related.

Get the boost back in it, and this thing is gonna FLY :)

One guy has already ran a 9.99 with a MT82 and our Stage 2 system and a D1SC.
So I know you can beat that. :)

flyboy34

Established Member

Sport mode and letting the car shift by itself, or using paddles. Traction control off or do you leave it on.

What kind of rpm's were you coming off the line with. Ever try starting in second?

I am installing my Whipple next week and also have an automatic so your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Tim03cobra

Established Member
I just put a 3600 stall converter in mine. I leave at idle and it cuts 1.60 sixty foot times on a decent track surface. With the stock converter I would hit the gas with the brake pushed hard about 1 seconds before I would take off. It would average 1.72 sixty foot times with 18" drag radials. I would always push and hold the traction control button for about 9 seconds to turn it off on every run. I wouldn't try leaving in second gear. I would be scared it could burn up the clutches inside the trans. I'm not sure though.

Sport mode and letting the car shift by itself, or using paddles. Traction control off or do you leave it on.

What kind of rpm's were you coming off the line with. Ever try starting in second?

I am installing my Whipple next week and also have an automatic so your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Mid 10's/130's with just a procharger?? Thats insane!! How long will the motor last at 15psi? How hard is it to tighten the belt?

Tim03cobra

Established Member
It's easy to tighten. Just loosen the screw in the idler arm and tighten the tension nut. I have over 60 10 second passes without any issues. We added 40 rwhp Thursday and now it blows the drag radials away on the start. This my second set of drag radials on this combo.;-)

Mid 10's/130's with just a procharger?? Thats insane!! How long will the motor last at 15psi? How hard is it to tighten the belt?

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Very nice. Very nice indeed. The 15's with power adder's = Gt500 times with bolts on's easily if not better in some cases. The win here is that you can run Auto's down the track. Heh I guess Ford DID make a improvement on the auto trans. Have to say the 15's are quite impressive.

roushed50

Established Member
Yeah how does it run on the street big things with the automatics in the past with a power adder were idle surging and dying out coming to a quick stop how is it on cold startup?

Tim03cobra

Established Member
It drives just fine. It does like to shift into 6th gear just cruising at about 40mph. It drives a lot better with the stall in sport mode. Only after you reset the computer it will have surging issues for a day until the computer learns to idle again. Other than that it drives just fine without any other issues.

Yeah how does it run on the street big things with the automatics in the past with a power adder were idle surging and dying out coming to a quick stop how is it on cold startup?

roushed50

Established Member
Okay that's cool sounds pretty tempting to build one again had a bad experience with a 2012 automatic with a Whipple 2.9

Last edited:

Branhammer

Established Member
Wow that is just crazy to me. I remember when you used to have to overnight thousands of dollars of parts from JAPAHHHN to have a 10 second car.

Seriously though 10's with just a Procharger? Awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread