10 sec 2015 auto

esacteksab

Established Member
This isn't this car is it? [video=youtube;TSWaZeIlOCg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSWaZeIlOCg[/video]

chevpwr

Established Member
I hate to say it but I believe it is the same car. It has an Abel Racing sticker on it and that is who was doing the tuning. Also looks like the same tag # as in his 10.13 video. :( :(

Last edited:

94_Vert

Established Member
This kind of thing scares me from my running mine very much. I wouldn't have any insurance coverage.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
shiiiit, i hope the guy is ok. chevpwr is right its the same plate in the 10.13 video. I noticed in the 10.13 vid there were racestars with sticky tires, the wreck video had stock wheels. So maybe it finally built boost and lost traction? Also on the website they are advertising "no prep" for that event.

Last edited:

Turbosixx

Established Member
I never thought I'd see the day when people want to race with no prep. It makes no sense to me.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Wow hate to see this, hope he is ok that looked like a hard hit...in my world street tires are for the street, drag tires are for the strip...i follow this religiously although i have been tempted a few times in my life to proveotherwise..one just never knows about weather conditions, track prep etc etc...just hope OP is ok, cars are replaceable.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
When I lost traction in my 13 and had the accident, the front of the car was super destroyed and airbags deployed. I had a small bruise on my knee and a little burn on my arm from the airbag, that's it. The car may crumple but the driver is protected pretty well. I hope OP walked away without injury, and Heinz said it...cars are replaceable

ProChargerTECH

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
For the record, I believe I saw drag radials on his car that evening. Has anyone gotten an update from the driver? Be nice if he would chime in and give some details on how things are going? From the videos I have seen, it looks like he immediately lost traction just a few feet out, then let out and then back in. And as ProCharger Tech states, looks like the throttle stuck. Maybe OP will chime in. I hope nobody talks trash on this board about the driver's unfortunate luck. He has had multiple 10 second cars and has more experience than most on this board. Sad what I am reading on some other boards. :nono:

SHUFFLE STEER

Established Member
Wondering if this car has launch control and if so was it being used. I wonder if the launch control programming would recognize a catastrophic driveline failure and auto-disable, cause as mentioned before it appears the wheel drive speed never decreased even as the car went out of control.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Wondering if this car has launch control and if so was it being used. I wonder if the launch control programming would recognize a catastrophic driveline failure and auto-disable, cause as mentioned before it appears the wheel drive speed never decreased even as the car went out of control.

Autos don't have launch control

Laztug

Established Member

I turn everything off, if i don't my car has issues getting off of the line.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
ANyone know if the OP is okay? Just looked and his last post was in July which i'm assuming was around the time this wreck happened. Was reading all about the procharger and his threads, really sucks that wreck happened and it looked like he hit hard.

Users who are viewing this thread