10.8@127mph - 4200lbs race weight

Curt@injected

Why do Dodge fanboys always have to use this word "stock?" it reminds me of Big10 fans who insist on pointing out that their school has superior academics. No one cares if it's stock or not.

My point is that volumetric efficiency and specific output, 840 crank hp out of a blown 6.2L engine is OLD technology and frankly an OLD (very old benchmark). Guys were making 800 ponies from an engine that size 3 decades ago.

My secondary point is, I don't expect Dodge to field a 2.3L with a zillion psi of boost that revs to the moon to get it done, however, it's OBVIOUS that they haven't spent a DIME in any sort of tech r/d for better valvetrain and higher revving or weight savings, or wringing out what a 6.2L motor is capable of producing. The fact that they tuned the motor to require RACE FUEL to get 800 HP out of a 380 cubic inch motor is pretty weak and pathetic. There are guys making those numbers out of motors (on race fuel) at 1/3 of the size.

I could set all that aside if the car wasn't a pig. The HC/Demon would be a special offering if it didn't weigh 2 and a half tons. There's absolutely NO reason why a 2 door car should weigh 4400 lbs.

Dodge could have made 800hp on pump gas with a much lighter power plant and saved a couple hundred lbs alone there. Sure, with less torque, but every lb you shave off lessens how much torque you need to move the car. Then, they could have spent some money on lightweight components and shaved a few hundred lbs more. At the end of the day, an 800 hp demon at 3500 lbs would be a special car. It's also an iterative process whereby that 1000 extra lbs doesn't demand such beefy and heavy components. Furthermore, every lb you shave off improves the handling and braking characteristics of the car (not that those things are important to Mopar heads, but hey, as long as you've got wheels, doesn't hurt to turn and stop).

It's evident, dodge didn't spend a dime on anything new or innovative on their challenger/charger lines. My point is, there's virtually NOTHING in the Demon/Hellcat line beyond the electronics package that wasn't available or achievable in the mid 90's.

I'm far from a dodge fanboy. In fact I have yet to own a dodge offering. I just like v8 American cars and I think the Hellcat and Demon are awesome. The stock remark is pretty dumb though. What made the terminator, lightning, gt500 was their capabilities with simple bolt-ons. The Demon/Hellcat are king of that game atm.

Dusten

Established Member
Why do Dodge fanboys always have to use this word "stock?" it reminds me of Big10 fans who insist on pointing out that their school has superior academics. No one cares if it's stock or not.

My point is that volumetric efficiency and specific output, 840 crank hp out of a blown 6.2L engine is OLD technology and frankly an OLD (very old benchmark). Guys were making 800 ponies from an engine that size 3 decades ago.

My secondary point is, I don't expect Dodge to field a 2.3L with a zillion psi of boost that revs to the moon to get it done, however, it's OBVIOUS that they haven't spent a DIME in any sort of tech r/d for better valvetrain and higher revving or weight savings, or wringing out what a 6.2L motor is capable of producing. The fact that they tuned the motor to require RACE FUEL to get 800 HP out of a 380 cubic inch motor is pretty weak and pathetic. There are guys making those numbers out of motors (on race fuel) at 1/3 of the size.

I could set all that aside if the car wasn't a pig. The HC/Demon would be a special offering if it didn't weigh 2 and a half tons. There's absolutely NO reason why a 2 door car should weigh 4400 lbs.

Dodge could have made 800hp on pump gas with a much lighter power plant and saved a couple hundred lbs alone there. Sure, with less torque, but every lb you shave off lessens how much torque you need to move the car. Then, they could have spent some money on lightweight components and shaved a few hundred lbs more. At the end of the day, an 800 hp demon at 3500 lbs would be a special car. It's also an iterative process whereby that 1000 extra lbs doesn't demand such beefy and heavy components. Furthermore, every lb you shave off improves the handling and braking characteristics of the car (not that those things are important to Mopar heads, but hey, as long as you've got wheels, doesn't hurt to turn and stop).

It's evident, dodge didn't spend a dime on anything new or innovative on their challenger/charger lines. My point is, there's virtually NOTHING in the Demon/Hellcat line beyond the electronics package that wasn't available or achievable in the mid 90's.
Stock... Because a lot of people dont want to modify a car.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I could and should google the following.

That said, does dodge warranty the car if it’s stock and blows the diff at the track?

If not, then all the people saying slicks are stock are kidding themselves.

I for one hope that dodge warranties all those diffs.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Also, why do I see so many cars with upgraded bottom ends that are only in the 800whp range? What would be the point if they’re good for 1000whp?

Same reason some bolt on gtr’s have blown up. Tuning it stupidly, driving it stupidly, stupidity.

That said, it is not likely a stock terminator shortblock will live very long at 1000whp compared to a purpose built and well assembled mill.

Especially now that the cars are 17years old, I’d have build-the-block money on the side if I wanted to run more than 800whp in a terminator.

Seals and rings get tired, etc.

Left stock and properly maintained, the terminator engine will go 1,000,000 miles imo. That thing is a honestly a Toyota diesel. The truth is just barely coming out.

PIPO

Established Member
I could and should google the following.

That said, does dodge warranty the car if it’s stock and blows the diff at the track?

If not, then all the people saying slicks are stock are kidding themselves.

I for one hope that dodge warranties all those diffs.

Dodge does warranty carnage at the track if car is stock.

Curt@injected

Has there been evidence of this or is that just what they say?
Yes there have been broken diffs prior to this event which were fixed under warranty. The whole point in this car was a drag race ready car with a warranty. They are, however, denying warranty claims on vehicles running a diff brace.

LostM

Established Member
thats my point, you cant run 9s with a broken diff.. so if they all rans 9s, stock, but had a diff brace (not stock) why are they claiming stock?

My94GT

Established Member
Because many of them didn’t have a diff brace and still ran 9s. It’s just a know risk that the diff mount points are weak and with wheel hop it tends to tear them apart.

The risk is you kill it run one and lose a day at the track which many don’t want to risk when a brace or welding the supports will resolve this. For those that do run as is, some break some don’t and if they do dodge fixes it. I wonder if dodge will release a TSB at some point for it.

Curt@injected

thats my point, you cant run 9s with a broken diff.. so if they all rans 9s, stock, but had a diff brace (not stock) why are they claiming stock?

I'm not aware that all of the cars were running a brace. man you guys are reaching. First it's the tires, then it's the skinny's didn't come from the factory installed, now it's the diff brace.

LostM

Established Member
I'm not aware that all of the cars were running a brace. man you guys are reaching. First it's the tires, then it's the skinny's didn't come from the factory installed, now it's the diff brace.

I dont see it as reaching. if the dodge guys say stock, and its 100% down to aifilter and tires, fine. but as soon as 1 thing is changed ( diff brace etc), its no longer stock. Granted, i havent followed anything dodge as I will never own one again and find the aesthetics horrendous, but i do like the performance of them, that cant be denied. its the interweb banter thats annoying. I mean, if it didnt roll off the build line in that configuration, the buyer didnt drive it off the lot in that configuration, to me, its not stock, i dont care if its a $1 package or not, thats a package and an option. if FRPP sells a big and little package with a race tune and i add it later, would that count as stock to them?

My94GT

Established Member
I dont see it as reaching. if the dodge guys say stock, and its 100% down to aifilter and tires, fine. but as soon as 1 thing is changed ( diff brace etc), its no longer stock. Granted, i havent followed anything dodge as I will never own one again and find the aesthetics horrendous, but i do like the performance of them, that cant be denied. its the interweb banter thats annoying. I mean, if it didnt roll off the build line in that configuration, the buyer didnt drive it off the lot in that configuration, to me, its not stock, i dont care if its a $1 package or not, thats a package and an option. if FRPP sells a big and little package with a race tune and i add it later, would that count as stock to them?

That’s a far stretch, the bigs and little/race has tune set up was a factory option that basically was used as a work around so it could be set up on a production vehicle. Also weren’t the additional seats an option and radio an option, so by that thought anyone that ordered them with those items aren’t “stock”

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
If it’s ordered as a factory option it is stock regardless of wether it came on the car or not.

Now in saying this running no seats sticky tires and skinned at the track is the same to me as running a factory stock cobra jet.

Yes it’s an hell of a fast strip car but no way in hell do I want to drive skinnies up front on the highway for any length of time.

Still waiting for full interior 315 front wheel stock times from the demon....

Last edited:

PIPO

Established Member
You aren’t looking that hard. I posted the times and the video of a demon running all squared tires.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
If it’s ordered as a factory option it is stock regardless of wether it came on the car or not.

Now in saying this running no seats sticky tires and skinned at the track is the same to me as running a factory stock cobra jet.

Yes it’s an hell of a fast strip car but no way in hell do I want to drive that on the highway for any length of time.

Jesus dude, Just say you hate the car and move on. Demanding all these specific configurations to run in is madness and childish. You are the biggest Ford homer sometimes.

This is as close to a streetable Cobra Jet/Chally Drag Pack/Copo Camaro as you’re gonna get with a license plate. Did FCA get a little over zealous on it’s real-world capabilities? Probably. Still doesn’t take away from the fact it’s still fast a ****

The new GT500 is a completely different car. Definitely won’t run with a Demon in the 1/4, but will be a MUCH better rounded car and still retarded fast.

This thread has gotten almost as stupid as the Ford GT vs. Demon thread.

Last edited:

My94GT

Established Member

Yes it’s an hell of a fast strip car but no way in hell do I want to drive that on the highway for any length of time.

That has been posted, a full weight full tire stock car with all options ran a 10.06 I think I posted prior.

A couple others ran 9.8-9.9 full weight and at most a drag wheel set up. The quickest all stock on race fuel set up and factory drag pack with all seats in car ran 9.72 of I’m not mistaken.

All that in a 15-20mph head wind. Not bad at all. The car has proven its more then capable, will it hit 9.65, frankly it would have to be under perfect conditions but there are a few left willing to try. The rest seem to be less concerned with public perception and more concerned with well enjoying going faster aka mods.

csc427

Established Member
That has been posted, a full weight full tire stock car with all options ran a 10.06 I think I posted prior.

A couple others ran 9.8-9.9 full weight and at most a drag wheel set up. The quickest all stock on race fuel set up and factory drag pack with all seats in car ran 9.72 of I’m not mistaken.

All that in a 15-20mph head wind. Not bad at all. The car has proven its more then capable, will it hit 9.65, frankly it would have to be under perfect conditions but there are a few left willing to try. The rest seem to be less concerned with public perception and more concerned with well enjoying going faster aka mods.
And when 9.65 is hit, this forum will be like “well, that time has only been done by one person”. It will never end. So when I’m driving my new GT500 at the track vs a demon, I’ll only lose by 11 car lengths vs 12 that dodge advertised. Very comforting. And I can very much understand the comfort of having a car that runs sub 10’s and retain warranty. I have a garage full of cars that are very modified. Be a welcome change if ford would offer a competitor to this car.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I don't think making it one will be very difficult. Every Demon that sees you will want to race. So tweak it a little and then just say you ran high test, shrug your shoulders, and say good bye.:)

Users who are viewing this thread