1 of 1 Thunderbird built by SVT

Jefe

Established Member
I am not saying it's real or not but it's funny that you clowns make comments "never heard of it, probably not real" because obviously you heard and know of every single Ford car ever made.

If there will be a potential buyer, he/she can look at the proof provided and judge.

Dont doubt SVTP:burn:

Sapperstang

Established Member
How, there was no '98 model.

Here is some good reading from a few years back...
Possible 94 SVT Thunderbird found..... [Archive] - Super Coupe Club of America Forums
A couple of readings I found that I recall.
The red one is the closest the SVT TBird came of...hence why I make the last statement.
SVTthunder.jpg

tbirdarticle.jpg

I questioned its legitimacy when I saw it, but thought you never know. To me it didn't look like anything I read about the 'real' prototypes. But who knows? :shrug:

This is the one I recall. Doubt that other is the real deal.

Juruense

Banned
That car has way too many miles and is too far from original to be worth any serious money.

Even if it is what they claim I would price it at $12-15k and that is being ****ing generous.

JasonSnake

Established Member
IMO the 94-95 T-bird was the best looking to me. The 96-97's were kinda gay looking for some reason whereas 94-95 looked tough. There are many who have done the DOHC swap in them on other forums and I would have loved to do that to my previous 95 I used to have a couple years ago. I sure do miss it too but had no where to park it.

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
This was taken from her E-Bay discription
'Per John Gorge who was assistant engineer at Ford when these cars were being built. The 10th digit is a X & the door tag matches with the vin# on the windshield including the X. All 4 cars were Black & the other 3 were destroyed. This is ONE of ONE.
The Build Sheets tell the story!
FORD Thunderbird Club Members & Collectors take notice!'

I had an '84 SVO with the same 10th digit designation, though I tried to get a response from Ford concerning this, I have talked to other SVO experts that indicated to me that the X 'may' be the internal designation of a Ford Promotional Vehicle, which could mean that the car could have been a prototype or a sales promotional car; etc. So a car with the x does not necessarily mean it is something extra special.
Looking at old threads on the TCOA, many members there have talked to this lady and are calling her claims BS.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
How, there was no '98 model.

iirc if there ever was going to be a SVT Tbird, it was going to be a '98 model.

then the Tbird was dropped altogether in 97', only to be revamped in what, 2001 as a ugly ass retro crap that shitted on the Thunderbird moniker entirely. How the car that used to be famous for battling the Corvette came to become a lame secretaries pleasure car is beyond me.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
the badges on the valve covers reads HEMI.....
it's an auto
4.8 turbo? that's great and all, but it's not a S/C 4.6
Rims a wrong
Lacks the spoiler
SVT version didn't use the S/C front bumper either
not to mention this car looks beat to hell and the turbo work doesn't look so much prototype as much as just plain shit
I'm sure the car is fast with a TT 4.8 or 4.6 with 4.10s...
And WTF auto tranny was supposed to deal with this amount of power?
The AODE? haha!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
94-97's came with the 4r70w. A shitty one at that, that blew under stock conditions. I went through 3 of them before finally doing a built 4r70w (Jmod, 3k stall, cooler, upgraded belts and whatnots inside, etc) that tranny lasted 6 years afterwards, one day i got home and "wheres the tbird" to a reply "we junked it" like "what the ****! thats easily a $1k tranny in there, ****!" why people junk cars that are in perfect running condition based on their age alone is beyond me.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
LoL...in all actuality...its 1 of 4. How exactly do they know the other 3 were crushed? I didn't realize cars were assigned death certificates.

Also, if it REALLY were 1 of 4, do you think that someone would be modding the crap out of it? Those HEMI covers sure do hold a candle to the SVT heritage too :rollseyes Then again, as SVOryan's article reads, Total Performance basically took 4 Thunderbirds and built them up, then tried to sell them off to SVT. That said, it was never actually an SVT vehicle...or even a prototype to boot.

and what's with the pictures? Taken on a 2000 cell phone???

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread