1 of 1 Thunderbird built by SVT

Jon96cobra

Established Member
I'm not sure if this is real or not found it on Auto blog and ebay for sale.
svtthunderbird.jpg

eBay Find of the Day: Sole remaining 1995 Ford Thunderbird SVT prototype - Autoblog

eBay Motors: Ford : Thunderbird (item 190283235126 end time Feb-04-09 17:19:55 PST)

Cobra-O

Established Member
What is the 4.8L Engine? And a Turbo?

I have my doubts, but I could be wrong.

Edit: NO WAY.

Last edited:

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
It doesn't have the SVT Thunderbird wheels. I'd figure a prototype would have it's wheels.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
there is one born every minute.....because no one would try and scam anyone on ebay.

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
This car was at Carlisle a few years back by a very well built women (ie. body builder). It was in the building where they corral the 'special' cars. I remember way back when they were toying around with the idea of a SVT T-Bird, but since the MN12 platform was killed so was the idea.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
This car was at Carlisle a few years back by a very well built women (ie. body builder). It was in the building where they corral the 'special' cars. I remember way back when they were toying around with the idea of a SVT T-Bird, but since the MN12 platform was killed so was the idea.

yep i saw that car there as well...made me miss my 94 SC

Jon96cobra

Established Member
Yeah from what I read on Auto Blog there was a total of 4 built but ford crushed 3 of them and forgot about this one. Its hard to believe. I do remember hearing about it at Carlisle a few years ago. I still can't think that car is worth 30,000 dollars for a 95.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
umm, iirc the SVT Tbird was a 1998 model, and had a 4v 4.6L with a M92, and it had a nicer set of rims than the turbines. It wasnt turbocharged, and it was 1 of 3.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Eh. Even if it was real, who the hell wants a T-bird from that gen?

:lol: My first car was a 92 Thunderbird! Thing was a beast!

And ya whats a 4.8 A 295ci?? Does he mean 4.6? Looks sweet but dont think anyone will pay that price. Maybe someone from SVT....

Last edited:

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
I am not saying it's real or not but it's funny that you clowns make comments "never heard of it, probably not real" because obviously you heard and know of every single Ford car ever made.

If there will be a potential buyer, he/she can look at the proof provided and judge.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
umm, iirc the SVT Tbird was a 1998 model, and had a 4v 4.6L with a M92, and it had a nicer set of rims than the turbines. It wasnt turbocharged, and it was 1 of 3.

How, there was no '98 model.

Here is some good reading from a few years back...
Possible 94 SVT Thunderbird found..... [Archive] - Super Coupe Club of America Forums
A couple of readings I found that I recall.
The red one is the closest the SVT TBird came of...hence why I make the last statement.
SVTthunder.jpg

tbirdarticle.jpg

I questioned its legitimacy when I saw it, but thought you never know. To me it didn't look like anything I read about the 'real' prototypes. But who knows? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread