1,700 mile F40

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Wow no reserve but I bet it sells for over $2 million in todays market. Good time to sell a car.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I would rather have the white one in that video. The auction one is garage art. It will bounce from collector to collector and never see the 5K mile mark. If powerball went my way, LOL, I would rather buy one with 10K miles, that's already had plenty of service work done, hoses replaced, etc. Hell, give me one that's been repainted even. I would DRIVE it! I know a blue one just went up for auction in the UK, and prior, that was the white LibertyWalk one in Japan with some LM spec parts installed. No clue why the owner spent so much to convert it back to stock and paint it blue. A while back there was one somewhere in the US that was a normal F40, but with multiple LM spec parts installed and it had higher mileage for a F40. I remember thinking that car was perfect.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My son had an F40 on his wall. All the rave back then. Who WOULDN’T want one.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Italian trash
Your expert analysis and helpful insight has enlightened all of us. Please continue to offer well thought out and compelling commentary on the history and relevancy of cars. I don't think we've seen the likes of this kind of insight in many years.

Twisted2v

Established Member

@treynor

Car was bought and registered in the company name. So it was a tax write off. I had a billionaire boss that did the same thing. I know because I was in charge of fixed assets.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The F40 is still on my bucket list for many of the reasons listed. A lot of them are no longer in great shape, and a number of them are garage queens. I want one I could drive regularly, but one which hasn't been trashed or wrecked. One of these years, it'll come along...

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
i Would still prefer a 288 GTO.
I completely agree.

images(119).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread