07 GT500 vs. 03 Cobra - Debate goes on. . .

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Damn man, you trying to earn your right as a drop-top streetsweeper aren't you? lol.
:rolling::thumbsup: Just doing my duty..
I'm trying to see what the Cobras potential is by power level.. I have a couple of cars on my radar @ my currently power level...

• C6 LS2 Full exhaust
  • C6 LS3 Stock
  • GT500 Stock
  • GT500 Mildly modded

Breaking in my clutch right now..:sleeping:

After i meet up with the rides above the whipple is going on:rockon:

hope you get someone to run. its rare footage when a stock gt500 runs a basic bolt on cobra
I'll see what i can do and keep you posted.. :thumbsup:
:lol::lol:

:pop:
:lol1:
Thats what i was thinking. Hes trying to TAKE OVER THE WORLDDDD!!!. Hes been doing a good job so far. :shrug::thumbsup:
Let's hope my luck continues..:beer:
Apoligies to the Thread Starter for the OT post..:uh oh:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
There is no debate stock for stock the 500 is a hair faster.

a stock gt-500 is anywhere from 445 to 475 rwhp depenign on heat soak and the revision thats in its ecu from ford.

equaly moded the gt 500 is faster.

the gt-500 has a stronger motor
< how many termis you see with 700 + rwhp on stock engines >
there are tons of 500's out there doing that easily.

the gt 500 has a stronger trany
the gt500 has a stronger clutch
the gt500 has a solid axle that can take the power < 31 spine axles etc >
the gt500 has a much stronger fuel system with 54 pound injectors and higher flow twin pumps
How many termis can make 650 rwhp without doing anything to the fuel system.

You can make 800 rwhp with a gt500 with nothing more then a boost a pump and larger injector.

The 500 > the termi but thats simple evolution.

SURE at the same power level say 500 rwhp vs 500 rwhp the termi will be faster but thats useless since your comparing a car with much more mods then the gt-500

also tune comes so into play with the gt-500 a car that makes 500 rwhp on the dyno may may no where near that on the road due to drive by wire and timing pulled from heat soak etc..

SO much so you cant take two cars even that made 500 rwhp and say ok lets run them one may only mak 450 when its fully heat soaked etc.

you need to compare equaly modded cars ..
IE a termi with a gt-500 that both have pulley tune cold air and exhaust and similar boost numbers

or a kenee bell with same boost on each etc.

I agree with turbosaleen 100%....

And there never was a debate... The shelby has always been greater than the terminator...

My only complaint is that it has Carroll Shelby's name on it and therefore dealers can impose a ridiculous markup on a "supposed" collector car which actually won't be that collectible..

Just think guys, if it were just called a COBRA instead of Shelby, ALOT MORE OF US ON THIS BOARD WOULD OWN ONE, INCLUDING ME.....:cuss:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
I agree with turbosaleen 100%....

And there never was a debate... The shelby has always been greater than the terminator...

My only complaint is that it has Carroll Shelby's name on it and therefore dealers can impose a ridiculous markup on a "supposed" collector car which actually won't be that collectible..

Just think guys, if it were just called a COBRA instead of Shelby, ALOT MORE OF US ON THIS BOARD WOULD OWN ONE, INCLUDING ME.....:cuss:
Yea Shelbys are great..
I remember when they first came out i made this pic..
sgt500.jpg

and a couple of folks got a little butt hurt.. It's all in good fun.. I personally think the car is awesome..:thumbsup:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Yea Shelbys are great..
I remember when they first came out i made this pic..
sgt500.jpg

and a couple of folks got a little butt hurt.. It's all in good fun.. I personally think the car is awesome..:thumbsup:

the pic looks like snake had a great meal.

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
There is no debate stock for stock the 500 is a hair faster.

a stock gt-500 is anywhere from 445 to 475 rwhp depenign on heat soak and the revision thats in its ecu from ford.

equaly moded the gt 500 is faster.

the gt-500 has a stronger motor
< how many termis you see with 700 + rwhp on stock engines >
there are tons of 500's out there doing that easily.

the gt 500 has a stronger trany
the gt500 has a stronger clutch
the gt500 has a solid axle that can take the power < 31 spine axles etc >
the gt500 has a much stronger fuel system with 54 pound injectors and higher flow twin pumps
How many termis can make 650 rwhp without doing anything to the fuel system.

You can make 800 rwhp with a gt500 with nothing more then a boost a pump and larger injector.

The 500 > the termi but thats simple evolution.

SURE at the same power level say 500 rwhp vs 500 rwhp the termi will be faster but thats useless since your comparing a car with much more mods then the gt-500

also tune comes so into play with the gt-500 a car that makes 500 rwhp on the dyno may may no where near that on the road due to drive by wire and timing pulled from heat soak etc..

SO much so you cant take two cars even that made 500 rwhp and say ok lets run them one may only mak 450 when its fully heat soaked etc.

you need to compare equaly modded cars ..
IE a termi with a gt-500 that both have pulley tune cold air and exhaust and similar boost numbers

or a kenee bell with same boost on each etc.

That's fine and dandy. The fact remains that you will be putting well over $45,000 on the table for it. Argue bang for the buck/performance all you want, it takes less to make the Terminator just as fast.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
and here's one of me vs. a 540 RWHP GT500.
YouTube - Me (~500 RWHP?) Vs. '07 GT500 (540 RWHP)

I don't know what RWHP I'm actually making, my last dyno at MPH was only 462 RWHP (452 SAE) - before that it was 515 RWHP at Amazon Tuning. I ran even with a 440 RWHP C5 Z06 that dyno'd the same day / same place as my 462 pull, so I have to be making ~500+. My car doesn't make any sense, but it runs good on the street dyno, which is the only place that matters.

Love that video:rockon:

LANIGRL

CrazyCobraLady
Established Member
interesting!!!! since i saw no sudden pull from the cobie, i figure she was in 4th gear? Id like to see how they'd. do from a dead start

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I can't wait till TwinScrew GT500s start popping up more and more on the web and the streets.

The only ones I've seen so far sit at car shows :sleeping:

Fat-cat

Established Member
Whipples not on yet folks ... you think i make the much power with a whipple . I raced 3 gt500's last year one was stock ( at the track i rand 12.1 he ran a 13.7 ? steet from a roll its like raceing a c5vett close untill 3erd and i pull away not both of them has frpp cat backs, uppers and intake/tunes. I like the cars but they are over priced still.

Fat-cat

Established Member
So you eat aftermarket blower gt500's? The weakest cars with factory stock engine and nothing but the kit and provided tune make 630+rwhp. Must be a strong whipple.

can somone get me a magic decoder ring to i can understand WTF he just said. How many Twin screw gt500 you see around .... not that many yet. im sure they are fast as **** ... so are whippled 03-04's so im not sure what your point is lots of guys making 600+ on stock bottom end cobras?:burn:

Last edited:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Whipples not on yet folks ... you think i make the much power with a whipple . I raced 3 gt500's last year one was stock ( at the track i rand 12.1 he ran a 13.7 ? steet from a roll its like raceing a c5vett close untill 3erd and i pull away not both of them has frpp cat backs, uppers and intake/tunes. I like the cars but they are over priced still.

You don't have any power numbers posted in your sig. Only your mods (which are apparently incorrect) and track times.

So you both had bolt-on's and you walked the GT500's every time? It should be quite the opposite.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
can somone get me a magic decoder ring to i can understand WTF he just said. How many Twin screw gt500 you see around .... not that many yet. im sure they are fast as **** ... so are whippled 03-04's so im not sure what your point is lots of guys making 600+ on stock bottom end cobras?:burn:

I think the point that ford5.0forlife was trying to make was that you said you beat GT500's mod for mod and your sig shows that you're Whippled so naturally that assumption has good reasoning behind it.

So are you expecting to beat twin-screw GT500's when you get your Whipple on?

Users who are viewing this thread