07 convertible gt500 vs. 06 C6 Z06 (stock)

gearhead08

Established Member
A pulley/tune GT500 in the 570hp range will not get walked by a stock C6z06

570 with an upper are strong numbers for an upper and tune.. dont take this the wrong way but do you have the quarter mile numbers to back it up? I am curious is all because they usually poop out around 550rwhp.

Poppacapp

Established Member
570 with an upper are strong numbers for an upper and tune.. dont take this the wrong way but do you have the quarter mile numbers to back it up? I am curious is all because they usually poop out around 550rwhp.

I have not made it to a 1/4 mile yet as I bought mine in november. I have made some trips to the local 1/8th mile on my 20" nitto 555r tire and cant get them to hook at all. So no good et as of yet but have run 98mph in the 1/8th so far. On the highway roll different story. The nittos hook pretty good. On average it takes 100-120rwhp more on the GT500 to cover a z06. A stock z gets around 450rwhp on a good day. I have a stock one covered.

gearhead08

Established Member
I have not made it to a 1/4 mile yet as I bought mine in november. I have made some trips to the local 1/8th mile on my 20" nitto 555r tire and cant get them to hook at all. So no good et as of yet but have run 98mph in the 1/8th so far. On the highway roll different story. The nittos hook pretty good. On average it takes 100-120rwhp more on the GT500 to cover a z06. A stock z gets around 450rwhp on a good day. I have a stock one covered.

I agree about the 120 rwhp difference. I just see them running away from pullied gt500s on youtube. They were also trapping In the low 150s in the half mile as my gt500 had a best of 144.8 mph at the carrabelle speed festival in florida. Your car if its an 11 and up is a tid bit better though weight wise and such. I would like to see this race so if you ever get one be sure to get a camera im not doubting you anything can happen. Its just not the norm. Still a pullied gt500 is nothing to shake your head at they pull well.

gearhead08

Established Member
either u cant drive or some:shrug:thing wrong with ur car man . Or u might have a bad tune

Well I know its not the driving factor. I stick in first well and no problem sticking in 2nd. Tune is from vmp. Well I would probably hang In a second gear roll like you but third and up is gMe over. I also smoked a zr1 corvette at carrabelle but he had a smoke fest so anything is possible on the street just not the norm.

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
I agree about the 120 rwhp difference. I just see them running away from pullied gt500s on youtube. They were also trapping In the low 150s in the half mile as my gt500 had a best of 144.8 mph at the carrabelle speed festival in florida. Your car if its an 11 and up is a tid bit better though weight wise and such. I would like to see this race so if you ever get one be sure to get a camera im not doubting you anything can happen. Its just not the norm. Still a pullied gt500 is nothing to shake your head at they pull well.

Do u realize some z06 might be modded? Or the one that beat u might be too? If ur car are modded so is others can too :bash:

Poppacapp

Established Member

Yeah I plan on getting a gopro for spring weather. I guess the C6s will come out of their garage hibernation then. Also cant wait to run into a C7 on the street.

gearhead08

Established Member
Do u realize some z06 might be modded? Or the one that beat u might be too? If ur car are modded so is others can too :bash:

Well seeing at the carrabelle speed festival there were more than one stock z06 running close to same traps low 150s I feel I have some decent evidence.:thumbsup:

gearhead08

Established Member
Anyways they are both fast cars. The weight and aerodynamics of the vette is why it pulls hard and even harder the faster they both go.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
It is not that hard for a simple bolton gt500 too run with a c6z. I Can't wait to run my buddys as it will be a close race and I only have about 80 or so to the wheels on him.

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
its all in the tune. Most cars are detuned from the factory for warranty purpose. Hell, i even test drive mine friend 06 blue GTS Viper coupe and i think mine car is faster than his. His viper look stock . I ran it 1st through 3rd gear flooring it in all 3 gear and the car hook pretty good, no spinning at all

Users who are viewing this thread