07 convertible gt500 vs. 06 C6 Z06 (stock)

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
rolling around 40mph , me on the gt500 , cousin on Z06 , we both in 2nd, both floor it about the same time , we max out of 2nd gear , his z06 were side by side with me, dead even. He try go on 3rd but missed it, so i slow down too. When i looked at the speedo, its like 80 or 90 mph. By the way this is after i got upper pulley , cold air and mail order tune from evoperform.com I am not sure how many whp mine car made either, have not been on the dyno yet. Do u guys think mine 07 gt500 can run with the new 13gt500 guys? :pepper:

Ace5Oh

Established Member
Go pick on one and find out. Did you get a clean run in at all against the zo6, was it a c6? Was he modded?

Title says C6Z & Stock. :shrug:

:pop:

Good story OP. had a hard time reading it tho.

Last edited:

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
its mine cousin car, so i know about it and drove it too. Bone stock Z06 505 hp corvette, yellow color with borla stinger muffler. All i know is he cant outrun me in 2nd gear, and its near 90mph. Speed limit is 45 and some traffic, its a local road . Any way iam not going over 100 and spend time in jail so is he. I bet if mine car still bone stock he would have blown me away in any gear. The tune and pulley really wake these shelby up big time

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
rolling around 40mph , me on the gt500 , cousin on Z06 , we both in 2nd, both floor it about the same time , we max out of 2nd gear , his z06 were side by side with me, dead even. He try go on 3rd but missed it, so i slow down too. When i looked at the speedo, its like 80 or 90 mph. By the way this is after i got upper pulley , cold air and mail order tune from evoperform.com I am not sure how many whp mine car made either, have not been on the dyno yet. Do u guys think mine 07 gt500 can run with the new 13gt500 guys? :pepper:

Both the C6Z and 13 GT500 will start pulling as speed increases.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Go pick on one and find out. Did you get a clean run in at all against the zo6, was it a c6? Was he modded?

It would have to be a C6. A stock C5 doesnt stand a chance against a GT500, especially with pulley and tune.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
well i quess u already outrun 07-12 shelby with ur c6Z , lets hear ur story. Have u even race a 13gt500 or drove one yet? Anybody else with a 13gt500 or c6 Z06 please chim in:thumbsup:

I've got a H/C/I C6Z so my story about runs is not relevant in this case.

gearhead08

Established Member
Dude im not trying to be mean but you will not hang with a c6z06 I know for a fact. They are just too light. Ask me how I would know I have close to same mods as you..

gearhead08

Established Member
Second gear sounds legit higher speeds its a walk fest when you get to third as in the z06 will be walking all over you.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
3rd gear is magic in the z. 90-120 mph in an instant. Shift to fourth just for good measure.

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
oh well he thought he would beat me easily on the 1st run cuz he think his car is a top of the line corvette and should out run mustang easy. After we slow down on that run he shake his head and said the reason he cant beat me cuz his car try to swing to the side of the road , hahahahah. We then drove out on the bigger 3 lane road with me on the inside lane, him in middle and our friend 06 viper on the outside lane, i roll down window and ask him to run again in 3rd gear but he just smiled. This is about 50mph cruising and no traffic in front. hehe

Poppacapp

Established Member
A pulley/tune GT500 in the 570hp range will not get walked by a stock C6z06

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
even at a light weight of 3,200 lbs. , i would love to run with another one again cuz i know stock z06 made around 440 whp . And i also drove it already and know how fast it is. I dont think its fast at all. I had owned several c5 before and think this c6 z06 just a task faster :)

Users who are viewing this thread