Votes: 43 27.6%
  • 2006 E55 with a few performance mods

Votes: 113 72.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mdamman003

Established Member
i say the e55

my buddy and his dad have RR's...he has had 20's, 22's, and 2 sets of 24's on it and he has had nothing but problems with it...he babies the hell out of it too...his dad has had problems with the supercharged one but he still decided to get another one...seeing that hes a heart surgeon, has an m6, tore down a perfectly good house to build one to his wants, and lets his 16 year old son (the one with the RR) drive the m6 when his range is in the shop i guess he can drive whatever he wants haha

heywaitfourme

Established Member
buying a car to get chicks.........ehhhhh.........I'll just leave that alone

e55 for me though! simply for the class! I think they are more classy ride than the RR's.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I picked the E55 because they haul ass and I'm not a big fan of SUVs. For an SUV RRs look really sick with a nice set of wheels though.

main.php

tx03snake

Established Member
my mom used to have an E55 and that car is just bad for what it is bro. wish she still had it. definitely would take that over Range Rover

red00lght

Established Member
I had an E55 among other AMG Mercedes. The performance of the engine was incredible... but soon the common E-Class looks, the basic antiquated interior, and the so-so HK sound system got old. I like my CL and S classes much better. They just felt more expensive and exclusive.
Let me offer you another option.....a 2007 ML63. Performance and utility and the prices are dropping VERY quickly! A cheaper option with nearly the same performance but with better mpg is the ML550. :beer:

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
Went to look at the E55 today, turns out they had an E63 as well.....

Now I am stuck trying to figure out which of those i like, lol. $20k diff is pretty big for not much more car, but man are they sexy. Only bad part is that the dealership does not do test drives of their "performance" cars until the paperwork is filled out, so I am going to find another dealer. I am not going to go through all the paperwork crap just to drive a car.

logan_yomtov

Established Member
if i were choosing between the e55 and e63, i'd go with the e55 without a second thought. The cars themselves are about the same other than slight changes in the front end. I also like the engine in the 55 better. Easy modability can give you a low 11 high 10 second daily driver SEDAN.

MustangMike

GR81
Established Member
I've had my share of Rovers.... An '08 Westminster which I just sold and an '03 Discovery HSE... and I'll tell you, the upkeep is outrageous. I'm sure parts for the Benz aren't cheap either.. but knowing a handful of people rocking the MB's, I've heard little complaints.

I would definitely go with the E55. 21 mpg sure as hell beats the 9-12 that you'll get with the Rover.

Last edited:

THE_STIG

Established Member
Having driven both, I would say that the E55 is simply amazing on the highway, you don't feel a thing and it is fast as hell. The Range Rover however is a very nice vehicle to and it is no slouch. I have to vote for the E55.

Users who are viewing this thread