06 GT turbo vs. Camaro SS vs. GT 500

millerc73

Established Member
nice man u were at the dyno day last weekend man that dyno was off it said lik 405hp or something for you.

No, it wasn't me. I live up in Lubbock and have never been to Houston with my car. Thanks for the compliments, my car runs pretty good for what it is, a stock motored, low boost, daily driver.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Sweet vid man. Keep making some turbo 3V vids! Nice to see a 3V kickin some ass.

chuckstang

Established Member
That GT500 would have done much much better with just a tune,
my car stock was 449rwhp
tune only-480rwhp
JLT/tune-515rwhp
Sounded like the GT500 was hitting the rev limiter or his shift tone was set way too low.

Awsome day time races, wish I had a place like that to run!

Oman_cobra

Established Member
dang, your GT-T is badass... the turbo setup sure paid off well...
what a beast!
keep the videos comming!!

Last edited:

CodyCobra

SVT Fanatic
Established Member
hey everyone i am the owner/driver of the GT500 in the video. The beeping sound is one that you can program and adjust in all the GT500s. Some guys think i should of done better against the SS with the juice but take the large weight difference into consideration. Also, the SS is making almost the same amount of rwtq that i am. The race went exactly how i expected. That same SS put 1.5-2 lengths on a bolt-on Terminator a few weeks back.

CodyCobra

SVT Fanatic
Established Member
That GT500 would have done much much better with just a tune,
my car stock was 449rwhp
tune only-480rwhp
JLT/tune-515rwhp
Sounded like the GT500 was hitting the rev limiter or his shift tone was set way too low.

Awsome day time races, wish I had a place like that to run!

The rev limiter sound you heard was the turbo GT ahead. My window was rolled down so you could hear it very well.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
So tell me why again ford didn't just turbo the 3v 4.6 and use that for the GT500? Its nearly the same boost level, and the turbo car's engine is probably under less stress. Its CLEARLY faster as well.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
So tell me why again ford didn't just turbo the 3v 4.6 and use that for the GT500? Its nearly the same boost level, and the turbo car's engine is probably under less stress. Its CLEARLY faster as well.

It's not that simple, you're talking about an aftermarket kit vs a setup in a production car. Reliability to 70-100K miles and beyond is considered, complexity, (a lot more components in a turbo kit), cost, engine response, etc..

Ford could have easily put a twin screw on a GT500 like planned, but they didn't for whatever reasons. A twin screw would be more efficient, produce less heat and make more power. So if they won't opt. for even that, a turbo is an unlikely possibility.

We can always hope for it to happen though..:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread