06 GT turbo vs. Camaro SS vs. GT 500

Blown Venom

Custom Title Goes Here
Established Member
?????? So the turbo gt spanks the ss, then the gt500 beats turbo gt, and then the ss is right next to the gt500??? Did I miss something. btw love that turbo whistle

EDIT: Didn't realize the camera changed cars. Good Kills :beer:

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
your car runs strong good kills! i expected a little more out of the GT500 vs the SS..:nonono:

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
Dang your GT moves out! The weight advantage really shows against that GT500. Is your turbo a complete kit or was it custom built from the head unit up?

millerc73

Established Member
?????? So the turbo gt spanks the ss, then the gt500 beats turbo gt, and then the ss is right next to the gt500??? Did I miss something. btw love that turbo whistle
Thanks!
The GT 500 never beat me, the race with him is from the GT 500s perspective. The kit is from powerhouse automotive and is a mass produced kit with custom options.

United_115

Established Member

yeah u must of gone to the washroom while watchin this video since the turbo GT beat the SS and the GT 500. And yeah i expected a bit more outta the gt500 as well:bored:

Your turbo GT kicks ass man sounds killer!!:rockon::thumbsup:

GT500R

Established Member
your car runs strong good kills! i expected a little more out of the GT500 vs the SS..:nonono:

really ? 100 shot in a SS plus some small small bolt ons and its easily over 400 whp, add weight of GT500 and I thought it did pretty good :??:

good races, turbo GT is FAST

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
Did you guys pay attention to the video? The GT-T vs. GT500 race, the GT500 clearly lost. Do you think a cars supercharger that is 3 cars in front of you would be that loud with the windows rolled up?

Fat-cat

Established Member
Awesome car man ... if i were to have the cash my Term would be turbo but for the 7 grand its not worth it... 2.2 FTW

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member

The camera was in the GT500.

Edit: Sorry everyone beat me to it. :bash: Nice GT-T it's good to finally see some S197 action.

Last edited:

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
wow that gt500 barely beat that ss with the 100 shot. gt500 was pretty much bone stock but still it was to close for comfort.

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
Awesome car man ... if i were to have the cash my Term would be turbo but for the 7 grand its not worth it... 2.2 FTW

I dunno man. If I had the coin and had to choose between the two, I'd be goin' turbo all the way. More efficient, easier on the motor, better gas mileage, no belts = no chances of snapping a belt or having to change pullies in order to switch boost levels, all in all turbo's seem a lot more attractive. The only thing it doesn't have going for it is the price, but if I had only enough to go supercharged, I'd just wait longer and go turbo. But that's just me. The 2.2 is definitely badass, so both options are awesome.

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
The SS only has a few minor bolt ons plus the juice. It's not even h/c. The GT500 is putting out 44Xrwhp with just a Pypes CB exhaust. Nothing done to the motor....yet.

The video is great!!! Gotta love some daytime footage:banana: Miller has a strong running stang that I can vouch for. Gotta love the ability to turn up and down the boost when you please.:beer:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
That Blue GT knows how to shake and bake!!! 3v's arent that heavy either hence awesome pull-age lol.

Users who are viewing this thread