Which One?

• R1

Votes: 71 48.6%
  • Gsxr

Votes: 75 51.4%

• Total voters

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Nice but I'm kinda heavy for a 600....they feel so dead to me.

what do you weigh like 400? i weigh 180 and the thing moves...shoot it moves with me and the wife on it (~310 pounds total)

I don't know what i'm talking about because i'm uncomfortable on a bike? :??:

every supersport is "uncomfortable" but to say one is more so than the other is silly...they all have hard seats and a very similar riding position. not like we're comparing a zx-6r to a z1000 or something which would be totally different

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
what do you weigh like 400? i weigh 180 and the thing moves...shoot it moves with me and the wife on it (~310 pounds total)

every supersport is "uncomfortable" but to say one is more so than the other is silly...they all have hard seats and a very similar riding position. not like we're comparing a zx-6r to a z1000 or something which would be totally different

All bikes are NOT the same....the R1 felt totally different then the gix...I'm going to check out a ZX-10 on Thursday also. The gix felt a little to tight, and the r1 put WAY too much weight on my wrist, I didn't really like the seating position on that. And at 240lbs..the 600's feel gutless on the low end....granted once they're wound up they go but down low it's not there.

Last edited:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
All bikes are NOT the same....the R1 felt totally different then the gix...I'm going to check out a ZX-10 on Thursday also. The gix felt a little to tight, and the r1 put WAY too much weight on my wrist, I didn't really like the seating position on that. And at 240lbs..the 600's feel gutless on the low end....granted once they're wound up they go but down low it's not there.

im very aware all bikes are not the same....i was referring to super sports having the same general "uncomfortable" riding position. you want something comfortable, get a dual sport.

that being said, NO super sport should "put too much weight on your wrists" unless you are riding wrong. you support yourself with your legs and back...there should be VERY LITTLE weight/pressure on your arms and wrists

as far as 600's being gutless....this is why i have a 636....much better low/mid than ur typical 600

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
im very aware all bikes are not the same....i was referring to super sports having the same general "uncomfortable" riding position. you want something comfortable, get a dual sport.

that being said, NO super sport should "put too much weight on your wrists" unless you are riding wrong. you support yourself with your legs and back...there should be VERY LITTLE weight/pressure on your arms and wrists

as far as 600's being gutless....this is why i have a 636....much better low/mid than ur typical 600

:lol1: Its better, but not that much better... like 1-3 ft/lbs better.

The only time a 600 dogs is below 30mph... after that, if it is doggin or feels gutless, your riding it wrong. Also, these bikes have wet clutches use them.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member

The only time a 600 dogs is below 30mph... after that, if it is doggin or feels gutless, your riding it wrong. Also, these bikes have wet clutches use them.

I hate 600's... Riding a 600 is like driving a 400 horse honda thats all topend and no torque...

I've seen in person an 05 R1 race a 07 GSXR 750.. It was ALOT closer than I would have expected... The GSXR was only about 2 bike lengths behind from 0 to 160 ish..

BUT, THE SUZUKI CAN'T RUN FROM UGLY..

R1 all the way

BLUBLLS

What year ZX-10r you looking at? I had an 04 ZX-10r and it honestly was a very comfortable riding position and even had a pretty good seat. The torque on it was fricken amazing as well

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
What year ZX-10r you looking at? I had an 04 ZX-10r and it honestly was a very comfortable riding position and even had a pretty good seat. The torque on it was fricken amazing as well

the pre-08 zx10r were probaby the scariest bikes japan has ever made!

65fastback2+2

Established Member

its not just the rating...its that the torque curve comes a lot sooner than on a 600.

the pre-08 zx10r were probaby the scariest bikes japan has ever made!

agreed...thats what i want next hehe

03DOHC

Established Member
They are both nice bikes. Go sit on them and see which one fits you better and feels better to you, because in the end you will be riding it, not looking at it. And since you're considering both the looks are settled any way. That said I would get neither and get a Busa.

20-COBRA-03

Banned
yea i took my zx10r to lebanon valley (shitty track) on a shitty day and ran 3 times, this was the first time i have been to the track... Definately didn't get off the line the best, followed by a nice wheelie half way down the track and picked up my time slip that read 10.345 @ 142.x... All my runs were in the 10.3's and i think i can do 9's with a few more passes. bike bone stock btw. oh and power wheelies from 80 plus on the highway are a blast

97cobra1

Established Member

The seating positions are all similar, yes. I'm referring to the seat itself. The ZX seat is a few inches wider than the GSXR seat, so are the R6/1 bikes. I've sat on every 6/750/1k model of every bike since about 06. Including the suziki b-king (busa motor) the new and old busas and the zx14. i know how every bike feels, and the seats feel different. My seat on my 06 is more comfortable to me than any of the others because it's a bit narrower. Which is why i bought it. The seats on the different R model bikes are also not the exact same softness or hardness across the board. They're different. The busa and zx14 seats are a bit softer because they're considered a supersport touring bike.

Last edited:

punchit

Established Member
my gix hope this helps
IMG_0355.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread