• R1

Votes: 71 48.6%
  • Gsxr

Votes: 75 51.4%

• Total voters

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Which one? Same price and close on the mileage...

Gixxer (I know this is a 1g)
2i096yb.jpg

R1
2h8252w.jpg

Last edited:

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
well i like the gixxer, get an aftermarket pipe or just remove the duals... the r1 is nice tho aswell. the gix has a lil bit more punch

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
well i like the gixxer, get an aftermarket pipe or just remove the duals... the r1 is nice tho aswell. the gix has a lil bit more punch

Thats a 1000. The 750 shouldn't have dual exhaust.

This is the 750
k7gsxr750_r.jpg

That being said... Yamahas are EXTREMELY uncomfortable to ride. They sit too high and the seats are way too wide. Plus you cant beat the reliability or parts availability of a GSX-R. Get the GSX-R.

Last edited:

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
Thats a 1000. The 750 shouldn't have dual exhaust.

This is the 750
k7gsxr750_r.jpg

That being said... Yamahas are EXTREMELY uncomfortable to ride. They sit too high and the seats are way too wide. Plus you cant beat the reliability or parts availability of a GSX-R. Get the GSX-R.
i know what im talking about, i am going off the pic he posted. i thought maybe he meant to put gixxer 1k in the thread title:shrug: i guess he didnt have a pic of a 750. +1 on the feel and seating position of the R1... has a wide tank that i dont like either.

to the OP, if you rock canyons and tracks do the 750, if you just ride street get the R1. if you end up with the R1 drop a tooth in the front (sprocket), its a must cuz that bike has no midrange punch. either way be safe man and get ALL YOUR GEAR MAN!!!!!!

burnzilla

Established Member
My bro had a 2001 R1 with flattened headers and a Micron exhaust and that streebike was dumb fast.
Red too.... real sharp.
I'd personally take the 750... they are sickly fast ( even comparable to an R1 ) but don't feel quite as heavy.
My favorite are the last year Ninja 750's....03 I think.

Nino S

Established Member
neither. 04/05 ZX10R. I just sold mine last summer and that is one insane bike. Would wheelie through 150 if you let it. K&N, Akro exhaust, power commander, velocity stacks and stock gears went 9.9X all night

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
neither. 04/05 ZX10R. I just sold mine last summer and that is one insane bike. Would wheelie through 150 if you let it. K&N, Akro exhaust, power commander, velocity stacks and stock gears went 9.9X all night

lol you are joking right? buy a bike cuz its fast in the 1/4? what about the ergo's of the bike? what about the handling, brakes, suspension ect? who the hell wheelies at those speeds? kneedragging > drag racing.... and its not even close

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
GSXR 750, hands down.

I'm a control rider for a couple of track day companies. Let me just tell you, as far as inline 4 sportbikes go, the 750 is arguably one of the most perfect, potent bikes out there.

Near 1000 power, but with the finesse and handling of a 600.

You'd be suprised how many people can go around a track faster on a 750 then on a 1000. 1000's are generally not fun because if you open it up to soon, you're going to highside.

If you're a drag racer only, or just cruise and hang out and do freeway runs, sure the R1.

For anything involving turning left and right, the 750.

Hate to say it, but I see more R1's crash at track days than any other bike that I know of. They are FANTASTIC bikes, but ANY liter bike takes years to learn to go fast on in the twisties/track.

You will have more fun on the 750, just take my word for it.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
I'm by far no bike expert, but the GSXR has always been tempting to me sheerly due to the sick look they always have. The R1 is just blah in the looks department and they are all fast as shit so I'm not worried about if it's a liter bike and smokes other bikes as bike racing is too ****ing crazy for me.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
i know what im talking about, i am going off the pic he posted. i thought maybe he meant to put gixxer 1k in the thread title:shrug: i guess he didnt have a pic of a 750. +1 on the feel and seating position of the R1... has a wide tank that i dont like either.

to the OP, if you rock canyons and tracks do the 750, if you just ride street get the R1. if you end up with the R1 drop a tooth in the front (sprocket), its a must cuz that bike has no midrange punch. either way be safe man and get ALL YOUR GEAR MAN!!!!!!

I know I put a pic of a 1k gix(first one I grabbed)...the bike I'm looking at is a 750. No mistake...I mentioned it above the pic of the suzu

Last edited:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
The R1 has 2573 miles on it...never down not a scratch-----and Scorpion slip ons

The gix has 8230 on it and has been down coming into a driveway as a result of gravel slideout....All fairings repaired.---Bike is 100% stock

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread