Which One?

• R1

Votes: 71 48.6%
  • Gsxr

Votes: 75 51.4%

• Total voters

Latinimagexx

Established Member
I say you get the R1.It seems like everyone has a FIXER. Well at least in So Cal those Fixers are everywhere.The R1 looks better anyways

caleb_cook

Established Member
what?

well i like the gixxer, get an aftermarket pipe or just remove the duals... the r1 is nice tho aswell. the gix has a lil bit more punch

Anybody that says a Gixxer 750 has more punch than an R1 does not know much about these bikes. An R1 or any other of the top 4 - 1000cc bikes will walk away from a 750 rather quickly at anything over 50mph. At least in a straight line...

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Anybody that says a Gixxer 750 has more punch than an R1 does not know much about these bikes. An R1 or any other of the top 4 - 1000cc bikes will walk away from a 750 rather quickly at anything over 50mph. At least in a straight line...

Try over 120mph. Race a 600cc vs a 1000cc and from 0mph to 100-110mph, depending on gearing they will be neck and neck. After 110-120 is where a 750/1000 shines. With how light the liter bikes are these days you can only accelerate so fast before 100mph. I can keep my zx6r's front wheel hovering(1-3 inches) until 90-100mph... you really cant accelerate much faster than that on any SS or SB.

Last edited:

97cobra1

Established Member
Wrong.
Try over 120mph. Race a 600cc vs a 1000cc and from 0mph to 100-110mph, depending on gearing they will be neck and neck. After 110-120 is where a 750/1000 shines. With how light the liter bikes are these days you can only accelerate so fast before 100mph. I can keep my zx6r's front wheel hovering(1-3 inches) until 90-100mph... you really cant accelerate much faster than that on any SS or SB.

Correct.

With that said...

GSX-R
SexySixxer.jpg

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
He clearly explained that the pic was of a 1000

So this makes sense. You say that you feel the R1 is uncomfortable, yet it's your reccomendation for a street bike to ride all the time? I would say the GSXR 750 would be the better street bike and the R1 more of a bike for the track as it's not as comfortable with the more agressive positioning.

Talk about contradiction. In your previous post you told him he should get the more uncomfortable bike (R1) over the gsxr for a street bike lol.

actually i said for STREET the R1 for twisties 750:rolleyes:. i did say the R1 was incomfortable tho. FOR ME i'd rock a 750 cuz ride canyons and track. It comes down to what you are using the bike for. Then we have idiots saying stupid shit like gixxers dont handle well and R1 is better because it has more power ect. its obvious that most of the guys here on this forum are bike night clowns that can turn for shit and really dont ride bikes the way to even know what the pros and cons are (wasnt refering to you)

Raindog

Established Member
I'm lazy and don't like to shift much so I'd take the R1, besides that you can't throw a rock without hitting a GSXR around here.

98kingcobra

Established Member
whats the op looking to do with bike???? like stated a couple times before if your goin to cruise go fast drag race the bike sure go with the r1..... yes there are faster bikes and there are slower bikes too........ but if your goin to be interested at all with riding curves but still open it up on the track every now and then go with the gsxr will out handle the r1 any day..... I personally own a gsxr1000 but its all up to what you the op wants the bike for

just my 2cents

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
whats the op looking to do with bike???? like stated a couple times before if your goin to cruise go fast drag race the bike sure go with the r1..... yes there are faster bikes and there are slower bikes too........ but if your goin to be interested at all with riding curves but still open it up on the track every now and then go with the gsxr will out handle the r1 any day..... I personally own a gsxr1000 but its all up to what you the op wants the bike for

just my 2cents

Just dayto day cruising no serious twisties or track time....I'll get on it from time to time but in a straight line.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Just dayto day cruising no serious twisties or track time....I'll get on it from time to time but in a straight line.

Honestly then... sit on them both, and buy which ever is more comfy... given that they are both in good mechanical shape.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Honestly then... sit on them both, and buy which ever is more comfy... given that they are both in good mechanical shape.

Yea I'm going to see the R1 in about an hour and I'll decide....the gix is an ok fit but I'm 6'3" about 240 so it's not the greatest....I have never sat on an r1....I used to have a TL1000r which was nice for a big guy.

shrike

Established Member
Not having ridden a GSXR750, I don't think my opinion is going to make a huge sway in your decision, but I think I'd choose it over an R1.

In fact next bike I buy will not be a 1000 i4 unless it's an MV F4 312R.

Otherwise it'll be a Gixxer 750, Triumph Speed Triple, KTM RC8, Ducati 848 or Aprilia RSV4

If the choice was only between R1 and Gixxer 750, I'd pick the 750. I'm not sure about now, but for many a year they were faster both in the corners and down the drag strip.

It all depends on what you want it for and how you ride. If it's cruising around and showing off, the R1's torque would be better for that. If it's scratching and midnight runs through the streets (oops, that's just here), the gixxer.

But I believe the gixxer will be a more rewarding bike to ride if you ride hard.

98kingcobra

Established Member

only way you will be happy for what you want to do

thats what I got my gixxer for to cruise go to drag strip very little and just to look good........ lol good luck and post picks when you get what you get

Last edited:

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Yea I'm going to see the R1 in about an hour and I'll decide....the gix is an ok fit but I'm 6'3" about 240 so it's not the greatest....I have never sat on an r1....I used to have a TL1000r which was nice for a big guy.

Hopefully the R1 fits better... you are a big boy. Im not sure it is still the case (or was back then) but the 750 is on the 600cc frame, so the R1 should be a bit bigger. If not, you could look at zx-14, busa, older zx-9r/zx-12r, tlr1000, rsv... all larger framed "sport" bikes

Users who are viewing this thread