05 Mustang GT-R concept pics

FreeFlowSVT

Lover Of Burned Rubber
Established Member
Just lower the wing to like 2-3inches off the back not like 6-8 like it is...sits way too high...other then that reminds me of a Roush one tht comes to the dealership i work at alot.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
RACE CAR!, duh. so formula 1 and top fuel is rice too?:shrug: Or should Ford stay with the fairmont with a wheelbase shorter then a Civic's forever?

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Ultor
Believe it or not, not every car was built for drag racing.

Yeah but just because its not built for drag racing doesnt mean it has to look like a POS. :nonono:

I love what I'v seen of the new Mustangs, but whatever that thing is, be it true or false, needs to disappear.

I'd lose the wing, obviously, and I'd lose the cheese grader head light things. I'd probably go with a less radical looking side pipe setup too. The cheese grader look may have flown in the 80's with the tail lights on the Mustang GT's but times have changed.

I'd love to see a Mustang actually compete in some higher level road course events, which im sure the car in that pic does, but not one that looks like that.

But thats just what I think so...

Edit: After looking at it for a bit and letting it settle in, now that I think of it... How many of you would sit and defend the Cobra R with its elevated wing but take one look at that car and assume they're trying to mate a Mustang with rice... After letting the pic sink in a bit I think it could grow on me. Maybe if they made the wing look alittle more like part of the car, and not an aftermarket part that would help.

Last edited:

Squeeler92

Have any of you guys watched LeMans series racing? Or are you all watching Naaassscaaarrrr? There are similar wings on every car. I guess those cars all like putting excess weight on their car just to look cool too huh?

03CobraBro

Established Member
I dont think the wing would look like rice as much if it was more like the Cobra R wing. The problem is it looks like something Ford went out and bought at Auto Zone, rather than an actual part of the car.

Also, I'm well aware of the advantages yeilded by a spoiler like that when it comes to a road track car, thats comming from a person who had a room mate that was studying aero space engineering, so dont waste your time trying to make yourself feel like you know something.

Vibrant_Sn95

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
RACE CAR!, duh. so formula 1 and top fuel is rice too?:shrug:

Yeah, these guys crack me up. Rice this and rice that.

This was posted on stangnet. More rice i guess:bash:.

viper_gtsr.jpg

lamborghini012.jpg

nr03-02-03.JPG

nr03-17-01.JPG

car01.jpg

Last edited:

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Yeah but just because its not built for drag racing doesnt mean it has to look like a POS. :nonono:

You completely missed the point of my post... it's ok though, I think everyone after me understood.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Ultor
You completely missed the point of my post... it's ok though, I think everyone after me understood.

The point of your remark was that the car needs the down force for the type of racing its intended to do, in this case on the road course. However all I said was I thought they could have did a better job making the spoiler look alittle more natural, like its part of the car.

See this is what I'm talking about:

rufctr2b.jpg

The spoiler on this RUF CTR2 looks natural. It looks like its built into the car.

This, however, is a picture of a car where the spoiler doesnt look like it belongs. (now dont get me wrong I'm not saying this GTR Mustang looks that bad this is just about the wing)

Very unnatural...

stratusturbo2.jpg

Notice the difference? The Cobra R looks natural... The old Super birds looked natural... The wing on that Intrepid looks like an Auto Zone purchase, and so does the one on that GTR, to be frank.

Now with all of that said, like I'v said about 3 times already, just because it needs the spoiler, doesnt mean it has to look out of place.

Last edited:

Vibrant_Sn95

Established Member
Maybe it's differences of opinion, but the Cobra R's wing does not look natural to me.

Btw: why a pic of a slow assed, mostly likely 4 banger, fwd intrepid? Of course it doesn't look natural.

You may or may not have a point (and it's all subjective). That and the wing on the GT-R is either carbon fiber or aluminum. The cars you mentioned had body painted fiberglass wings. That may have a lot to do with the natural appearance. That and most of the cars you mentioned are/were "street cars" while this is a "concept" of a "race" car. That may be some main reasons.

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Vibrant_Sn95
Maybe it's differences of opinion, but the Cobra R's wing does not look natural to me.

Btw: why a pic of a slow assed, mostly likely 4 banger, fwd intrepid? Of course it doesn't look natural.

You may or may not have a point (and it's all subjective). That and the wing on the GT-R is either carbon fiber or aluminum. The cars you mentioned had body painted fiberglass wings. That may have a lot to do with the natural appearance. That and most of the cars you mentioned are/were "street cars" while this is a "concept" of a "race" car. That may be some main reasons.

I agree it is subjective, and I realize thats just my opinion. Maybe if it wasnt the bolt look... The Viper GTSR wing looks very close to the wing on the Mustang GTR, however the Viper's is painted and the GTR's is not. Thats probably what is bugging me.

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Well, I guess that means you can't say my wing is rice anymore =P

*Special Ed voice* YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

;)

98Cobretti

Established Member

Thanks for the article, I hadn't found any info on it, since these pics were from a friend, looks like they are unveiling it wednesday this week and has some decent hp. and yes they say its a mustang racing concept, but I think we all knew that anyways :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread