04 GT Coyote Swap build thread

Mach828

Established Member
Awesome swap. That is a lot of work. If it was me, I would keep it as a 2v sleeper and just run a hidden shot of nitrous. Slapping on a turbo/blower will give it away.

TClark22

Established Member
Bet its a blast to drive. Dont feel like looking back but what trans, 3650?

t-56

Awesome swap. That is a lot of work. If it was me, I would keep it as a 2v sleeper and just run a hidden shot of nitrous. Slapping on a turbo/blower will give it away.

Lol I don't do that nitrous stuff. I wanna keep the turbo full exhaust though so its quieter.

So was the oil pressure normal for that oil?

I guess its normal for the super tight tolerances of these motors. I don't know. Now that its been blasted to redline several times. The motor is getting more broken in and the idle pressure is down to about 30 and cruising warm 70ish or 80. I searched and this was pretty normal pressures coming from Boss owners that put a gauge on their stock motors.

Double0fox

2 extra cylinders
Established Member
I guess its normal for the super tight tolerances of these motors. I don't know. Now that its been blasted to redline several times. The motor is getting more broken in and the idle pressure is down to about 30 and cruising warm 70ish or 80. I searched and this was pretty normal pressures coming from Boss owners that put a gauge on their stock motors.

Good to know. Looks like I will be starting back up on mine after the new year. Other hobbies has gotten in the way a bit the last few months.

TClark22

Established Member
good to know. Looks like i will be starting back up on mine after the new year. Other hobbies has gotten in the way a bit the last few months.

i hear that...this car has been my life. Especially the last few months. I loved/love building it but damn if you don't have time for any of your other hobbies when you really want to get the car done. Luckily i don't have many friends or else i would have probably pissed em off by blowing them off to work on the car

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
Hey Tanner, how's the car doing? Any updates? I'm strongly considering doing the same swap to the '93 reef blue coupe that I have...

TClark22

Established Member
Hey Tanner, how's the car doing? Any updates? I'm strongly considering doing the same swap to the '93 reef blue coupe that I have...

Ask and receive.

She rolled over 1000 miles on the motor last weekend. Just took her to the track yesterday!

First track outing since they closed KCIR 5 years ago or so...so my skills are lacking. Couldn't get below a 2.0 60 even with drag radials. Ran consistenly 12.55-12.72 the whole day. I struggle with launching, which is exactly what I struggled with before KCIR closed. Gotta practice the launch!

[video=youtube;ZdeZuO8aZXs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdeZuO8aZXs[/video]

Got spanked by a pullied terminator! He had a 1.76 60. I'm assuming he was making around 500.

[video=youtube;IsI2YGDpC7E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsI2YGDpC7E[/video]

[video=youtube;xITa5IdG3OE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xITa5IdG3OE[/video]

And this SS...lol

[video=youtube;88vqdida3AI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88vqdida3AI[/video]

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
Very cool man. Glad all the hard work paid off. How was MOKAN? Never been there before... It's a damn shame that we have to drive 2 hours to get to a 1/4 mile track.

TClark22

Established Member
Where did you run at?

Mokan Dragway just a hair south of Pittsburg, KS.

What was the mph?

Haven't looked at the slips yet but I'm fairly certain I was averaging 114-116.

Very cool man. Glad all the hard work paid off. How was MOKAN? Never been there before... It's a damn shame that we have to drive 2 hours to get to a 1/4 mile track.

It's a cool little track. Not as nice as KCIR was (if that's even a comparison). The very end of the track and the return road are real rough. Gravel everywhere besides the track and pit lanes. My hoosiers had pinball sized rocks sticking on them every time.

Technically Heartland Park is only an hour or so away in Topeka but I don't think they have test n tune or "fun drags" as Mokan called it this late in the season.

TClark22

Established Member
Dang what did that Terminator run?

11.89...I wanted to run it, lol didn't know it was pullied until after the run. Plus he had a 1.76 60 too as you could tell he scooted out in front of me real quick. I would love to get my 60 down there and see how I hold up. he was running on NT05R on stock 17x9 rim I believe. Car moved out for sure

TClark22

Established Member
WELL WELL WELL!! I HAVE A NEW PB!! Looky what a halfway decent 60 can do! lol drop my times almost by half a second!

Went back to the track this past sunday for probably the last time of the season as the shit looks like its about to hit the fan weather wise around here.

My best with the procharged 2v was a 12.33 @ 114 w/ 1.89 60'. So my new setup is pretty much dead even with my old with the same 60s. But the 2v was pretty much maxed without building it and the coyote can take another 500+hp thrown at it!

Also cruised down to the track with a few people include the infamous FR8 TRAIN! Witnessed him make a new PB as well yesterday! Its one fast mofo! Just needs to traction work for that 8 second timeslip!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread