04 GT Coyote Swap build thread

Laffs

Drop-da-top
Established Member
As the owner of a Centri-blown 2V, this thread is giving me all sorts of bad for my bank account ideas.

TClark22

Established Member
Any winter updates?

Its winter. lol Its been up on jack stands for a couple months now.

Ordered my rear suspension on cyber Monday 2014...just now receiving the correct parts for that order. So this weekend I'll be putting in the rear team Z suspension.

Turbo headers from CG fabrication have been ordered and should be arriving before January is over with. I don't really want it down that long this year so if we aren't done building the turbo kit by april-may...I'll probably just throw the longtubes back on it and try to improve upon my N/a times.

smitty2919

Established Member
Get the oil pressure gauge sorted out? I had some issues with one of mine using the conventional style canister sender and grounding...I went up to their 5V signal senders and worked much better.

About your bumpsteer issue...does the car follow road imperfections? -1.5* camber on a car not set up to handle will like to pull back and forth with road imperfections. My 95 Z28 running 275/40/17's and -1.5* camber does the same thing. But my car is only set up for autocross.

Great build and congrats on all the hard work. I'm glad you keep everything looking GT and the exhaust is not obnoxious...which all these new 5.0 guys like to do and it sounds like shit.

TClark22

Established Member
Get the oil pressure gauge sorted out? I had some issues with one of mine using the conventional style canister sender and grounding...I went up to their 5V signal senders and worked much better.

About your bumpsteer issue...does the car follow road imperfections? -1.5* camber on a car not set up to handle will like to pull back and forth with road imperfections. My 95 Z28 running 275/40/17's and -1.5* camber does the same thing. But my car is only set up for autocross.

Great build and congrats on all the hard work. I'm glad you keep everything looking GT and the exhaust is not obnoxious...which all these new 5.0 guys like to do and it sounds like shit.

I guess the oil pressure gauge is sorted out...it works. Just get high readings. Which I've read is somewhat normal. If it wasn't coming down to the 30 idle then I'd be worried. 30 at idle is still a lot in my mind since my focus ST is at like 10 psi warm idle.

The car follows what ever the hell it wants. lol I need to swap around my top c/c plates so I can get that camber closer to -1 or less.

Omg your right. "Hey 5.bros, I just did the resonator and muffler delete on my coyote. Sounds so badass". But it actually sounds like crap...

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Its winter. lol Its been up on jack stands for a couple months now.

Ordered my rear suspension on cyber Monday 2014...just now receiving the correct parts for that order. So this weekend I'll be putting in the rear team Z suspension.

Turbo headers from CG fabrication have been ordered and should be arriving before January is over with. I don't really want it down that long this year so if we aren't done building the turbo kit by april-may...I'll probably just throw the longtubes back on it and try to improve upon my N/a times.

Hit me up next time you go to Mokan. I want to see if I can improve on the Explorers time and would like to roll with more people.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Well this happened...
url=https://flic.kr/p/qXVn1p]
16385381315_0bf2a8aaab_b.jpg
[/url]

:dancenana:

TClark22

Established Member
Going to be going with a Borg Warner AirWerks s476r billet wheel, 87mm turbine wheel and 1.10 A/R

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
Great write up and build. Thanks for taking the time. Took a break from the car scene for a couple years and about to build something similar. Wrote plenty of notes. What what the outcome of the heater line setup?

Thanks
Mike

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
First start up should come soon but we still have our small problems. lol

I can't believe no one has really run into this yet or maybe I just haven't read up on it. When using aftermarket fuel rails and fittings...you have to modify the coolant tube on the passenger side head that goes to the heater core...We didn't try one of those low profile 90° fittings because we think it would then hit the intake. So can't really start the car without that hole plugged or something. I will eventually hook up the heater lines. Because why have street car if you can't drive it in the cold? lol I don't really need the heater but its so easy to hook up. And seems to be harder to plug that hooking it up. who knows.

this was what I was talking about. did you just change fitting to clear? i'm sure it was a simpel solution, but I didn't see a pic to better describe the problem.

thanks
mike

TClark22

Established Member
Ahh yes. We cut down the tube and welded it back together so that it is just a small straight piece with a straight connector on it then a 90° pre bend hose to get it to clear. The only clearance problem now is the vacuum connection on the intake that routes to the passenger head...that one is really had to get on and off but it works for now and for this intake.

Users who are viewing this thread