04 GT Coyote Swap build thread

TClark22

Established Member
Got the exhaust hooked up...Doesn't sound like your typical coyote! I think it sounds more 2v. lol the 2.5" catback must be why. Still trying to get used to the new clutch and the electronic throttle. the throttle is the hardest part. So sensitive!

[youtube_browser]1VzU_cTzHSE[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]kTtCjwwbcGk[/youtube_browser]

lxboy

Established Member
i keep trying to tell everyone what makes the coyote cars sound the way they do is the muffler placement. As soon as you have the traditional mufflers pre axle it brings back the familiar mustang tone.

What is your set up sorry if i missed it from earlier pages

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Sounds really good, the best part about it sounding like a 2v is nobody will have a clue what you really have lurking under the hood. They'll just think you have a slow bolt on 2v.

TClark22

Established Member
i keep trying to tell everyone what makes the coyote cars sound the way they do is the muffler placement. As soon as you have the traditional mufflers pre axle it brings back the familiar mustang tone.

What is your set up sorry if i missed it from earlier pages

BBK Longtubes, CATTED 3" x, and 2.5" bassani catback

Sounds good. Needs cams or a slight lope tune. It just sounds so mundane at idle. Still sweet swap! The hard work was worth it I'm sure.

That's probably due to the cats. Lol plus these motors get real quiet at lower RPMs. I'm currently happy with the exhaust tone. Quiet but also loud with the noise pedal. I've had o/r pipes for too long. it was time to go catted.

Sounds really good, the best part about it sounding like a 2v is nobody will have a clue what you really have lurking under the hood. They'll just think you have a slow bolt on 2v.

Exactly. This is why I want to keep the main body of the car GT. They don't hear a blower anymore so the victims would just think hey, bolt on 2v...

I don't think my stock GT hood will clear this massive JLT intake. But I have hope it will. Haven't even test fitted it yet.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Very nice to see it running

So on your turbo build are you going with an exiting kit and modifying or doing a custom one. Can't wait to see that.

TClark22

Established Member
So on your turbo build are you going with an exiting kit and modifying or doing a custom one. Can't wait to see that.

we already test fitted an on3 TT hotside...it didn't fit :( That was my dream setup.

But it would most likely be a custom single turbo setup.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
congrats....long time coming

but do yourself a favor and stay away from the on3 garbage, everyone I know ( 2 people ) who have used them had nothing but #issues

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Nice ok well keep us posted

I am toy around with the notion as well. Cj pony parts sells the F150 log manifolds for 150. Would be an easy way to get a single or twins instead of expensive custom headers. Food for thought. I really want to stay N/A and get another cobra jet intake but the amount of money I could have all the parts. Choices I was beat by by brand new CTS V by a nose a couple of nights ago and figured he would be taken back with a 20 year car keeping up with him....nope he was a Dbag. We got back to the meet and he talked shit all night didn't even care what was in the car.... pretty sure with the retards today with more money than brains you just need to embarrasses the shit out of them and then return the favor and talk shit. lol.

nxhappy

Established Member
Here comes the freight train of pics...main update...IT DRIVES

This exhaust will tuck up tighter than the stock 2v crap!

Brother came home for the holiday weekend to help me put suspension back together.

Rollin out the driveway under its own power!

Started driving around the neighborhood for a while and ended up at price chopper for some finally out of the garage pics...lol

Realized we were on E...lol So we said why the hell not, lets go to the gas station!

Besides being way out of alignment (even though it drove straight) it drove pretty damn well! Clutch needs some more adjusting but its a lighter pedal feel than my stock one! Electronic throttle is going to take some getting used to. Its response is great! Like damn. But its position is getting me.

Super Happy overall. Going to put some more miles on it this week. Hopefully get it to an exhaust shop Saturday to hook the mufflers up, which I can't wait for. After we get more miles on it, we shall have the tune touched up for the lower compression, longtubes and cai. Gotta get the fenders and shit back on it at some point, then get an alignment since I will probably be lowering the coilovers back down.

Still gotta fix the fuel filter leak, we put thread tape on the fitting and it doesn't leak now but will need to be taken care of before we go wot. Aeromotive is local so that's not a big deal.

Hopefully we have this thing ready for racing September 20th for the Mustang/F-body meet here in Kansas city!

\that is just ****ing awesome man. full of win !

TClark22

Established Member
congrats....long time coming

but do yourself a favor and stay away from the on3 garbage, everyone I know ( 2 people ) who have used them had nothing but #issues

Oh believe me I wasn't going to run any on3 shit. I don't know if that kit was an early gen or not because the fitment was horrible. Like the turbo was rubbing on the valve covers or close to it. And the exhaust housing was making contact with the wastegate tube, which was already hammered in.

We were just seeing if we could use just the headers and make our own kit from there. But no go.

Users who are viewing this thread