04 Cobra vs Turbo Fox

03cobrarocks

Established Member
It was like granda beating up on his grandson. If he beats the gt500 he will be beating his great grandson lawl... "Techonology" doesnt seem to mean crap when you make the power to weight go up hardcore lol.

That fox is pretty sweet! But i have to ask whats up with the interior?

hammerhead2

Established Member
That fox is pretty sweet! But i have to ask whats up with the interior?

LOL I assume you mean the missing trim piece on the rear hatch. He is getting a new piece sometime. The rest of the interior is actually pretty nice. It could use new window tint and the front seats are a little dingy, though not bad. All the other interior stuff has just recently been replaced or re-dyed and the carpet is new. He was actually bit**ing about the fact you could see that in the video lol.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
^ haha yea I was just wondering if maybe he was going to gut it out and just hadnt completely finished the job. But then I saw you state that he is very intent on keeping it as much of a street car as possible!

who would have thought when the 5.0s came out that 20yrs later they would be whopping soo much ass!

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Yeah I would really like to see him run a twin screw cobra. I would think a turbo cobra would be able to put him down. Its certainly hard to beat that fox power to weight ratio. We are hoping to get some video of him vs another buddys 3.4 Whippled GT500 soon.

Please be sure to post the video. I would like to see it.

hammerhead2

Established Member
^ As soon as we get the video it will be up. It will probably be a couple weeks or so. We just had a bit of an ice storm here so that has put our race plans on hold lol. The GT 500 is a 3.4 Whipple with the crusher intake setup. He is a member here as well.

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
Cool vids. I know when I still had my 10th anniversary cobra with all the normal bolt ons it felt like it would kill my 89 lx vert at the time. 89 had a stock bottom end,heads,cam,intake,Vortech,etc but still fully loaded (3500 lbs with me,heavy for a fox)
But at the track the cobra trapped 120 while the vert trapped almost 125.

chris1badL

Established Member
Nasty fox, foxes is one car that might look like sh*t but is still feared. My old car with a 331 with a 150 shot looked like crap but made 600 rwtq. Both nice cars though buddy

hammerhead2

Established Member
Thanks guys. No belt slip it was just spinning and wheel hopping. On a side note he had a race this past weekend with a full bolt on, cammed, stalled, and sprayed LS1 TA that he handled pretty solidly also. Unfortunately we did not get that one on video though:(
Maybe we can get something on video this weekend. It looks like it is going to be nice here.

Users who are viewing this thread