04 Cobra vs Turbo Fox

hammerhead2

Established Member
Me and buddy were a little bored so we went out to mess around yesterday. We looked for something to race but ended up running eachother. His car is a 327sbf with a HP 67mm turbo kit. We both knew he would murder me but it was still fun. These runs are with him on only 14psi. My cars mods are in my sig.

First from a dig
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sERaPvTTkK0"]YouTube- LS What?! and Mick[/ame]

And a roll
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRA0ius3gDs"]YouTube- LS What?! destroys Mick[/ame]

Last edited:

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Good runs, that fox moves out! Your car looks great, I love that shade of yellow.

Last edited:

hammerhead2

Established Member
Thanks guys!! Oh and I would really need to a KB or Whipple to run with him. He makes bigger numbers than a ported blower car and only ways about 3200LBS. Although I am planing on getting my pulley on and getting the blower ported before the end of the year so we will see if I can manage to be at least a little closer. We are supposed to get some video of him vs another buddy with a GT500 making 788rwhp here in the next couple weeks. I will post that vid when we get it too.

P.S. The fox stays on pump gas and can turn it up to 20psi with the 93. He is big on keeping it a legit street car. It has actually made a couple 250 mile round trips with this setup.

Last edited:

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
Looks like some fun runs. Not surprised by the outcome. My Turbo Fox can beat up on my Whipple Cobra.

Jefe

Established Member
Wheel hop in 2nd gear in the dig vid or what is that sound?

StangJason

Established Member
i'm gonna take a stab and say not much, specially if the fox is on race gas/high boost :rolling:

+1 ... I'm thinking it would take a KB Cobra with good drag radials or slicks to barely beat that Fox and a turbo Cobra with drag radials or slicks to put a couple of cars or more on it.

OP looks likes he toyed with you a bit in both races?

hammerhead2

Established Member
Yeah he did. :( What an a**hole LOL. I am not sure if a KB car could beat him but I would love to see that race. It would be awesome either way. Unfortunatley we don't have any twin screw cobras around here to find out. We hope to find some more worthy opponets for him to get some video with though.

StangJason

Established Member
I am not sure if a KB car could beat him but I would love to see that race. It would be awesome either way. Unfortunatley we don't have any twin screw cobras around here to find out.

Me either really just some guesses. I think if a KB Cobra is going to beat him it's going to have to be running a lot of boost and getting very good traction. A turbo Cobra on the otherhand should be able to outmuscle him by the end of the 1/4 mile if it gets decent traction. Just my guesses but it's really hard for 3600lb Cobra's to compete against 3200lb Fox body Mustangs because the Fox's make such good drag cars when set up properly.

hammerhead2

Established Member
Yeah I would really like to see him run a twin screw cobra. I would think a turbo cobra would be able to put him down. Its certainly hard to beat that fox power to weight ratio. We are hoping to get some video of him vs another buddys 3.4 Whippled GT500 soon.

Users who are viewing this thread