04 cobra supercharger question

svtsupersnake

Banned
Hi i am new on this forum and not exactly sure if i am posting this in the right place if i'm not sorry. I am getting a new car in may and its either gonna be a terminator 2008 or newer zo6 or 2012 gt500. I was wondering since the zo6 or gt500 r long shots with the terminators supercharger could i get the rwhp to around 500-550? witout damaging the engine or drivetrain? The mods i was thinking would be x pipe exhaust w/e cai gives me the most hp. a 2.7 supercharger pulley, 3.73 gears, accufab oval tb and porting out the eaton. Would that get me there or would i need more? Also what is the max hp the stock fuel injectors can hold? Also how would the terminator compare to the gt500 and zo6 if i got it to this level.

cobracide

Established Member
Hi i am new on this forum and not exactly sure if i am posting this in the right place if i'm not sorry. I am getting a new car in may and its either gonna be a terminator 2008 or newer zo6 or 2012 gt500. I was wondering since the zo6 or gt500 r long shots with the terminators supercharger could i get the rwhp to around 500-550? witout damaging the engine or drivetrain? The mods i was thinking would be x pipe exhaust w/e cai gives me the most hp. a 2.7 supercharger pulley, 3.73 gears, accufab oval tb and porting out the eaton. Would that get me there or would i need more? Also what is the max hp the stock fuel injectors can hold? Also how would the terminator compare to the gt500 and zo6 if i got it to this level.

What is a "terminator 2008"? Whom is buying the car for you? BTW - GTs are for kids. :)

Also - more action HERE.

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
^^ He forgot to put a comma after Terminator, he meant 2008 and up Z06.
Op if I was you I'd get 3 low mile Terminators in different colors, Port an Eaton on one,throw a Twin Screw on the other and your choice for the 3rd for the price of a Z06!
The 2010 GT500 would be another one to look at, their reasonably priced now compared to a 2012!

02blownGT

Established Member
Need to run e85 or race gas to reliably hit those numbers on a ported eaton.

P.S. My GT isnt for kids. :poke:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member

I have to disagree..plenty of guys hitting 500rwhp with ported Eatons and pulley swaps.

Most of the time you simply have to add 60 pound injectors as well

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

This is not correct unfortunately.

You can run a 2.8 upper only and with a good cold air intake, exhaust, and a good tune be easily right at 500hp. Or you could run an aggressive upper/lower combo with some longtubes and push 530-550'ish hp as well on 93 octane.

Upper only you should be able to get by with stock injectors. Then you'll need mass air meter help and fuel pump help.

Upper/lower combo pushing say 15+lbs of boost you could still have a chance with stock injectors but I would upgrade them myself.

svtsupersnake

Banned
k well i am not going to put long tubes or shorties or anything cuz that makes the car wayy too loud. I was assuming i was going to get full injectors but i think on american muscle it says the stock terminator injectors can run up to 600 hp so thats around 500- like 530 rwhp right? Also the jlt intakes for high boost or just ram air come with bigger mass air meters. That apparently is suppose to add 26 to 30 rwhp idk how much the x pipe will add maybe 10 hopefully on a v8 superchargered? The accufab tb is suppose to add 30. Doesnt porting the supercharger add like 70 rwhp or something? I am not sure. I am trying to do this witout getting a twin screw supercharger cuz i wanna stay wit the eaton. I mean i could easily get a procharger and get 600 hp just from that but i wanna stay wit the eaton if i can i like the eaton scream.

amracer

Established Member
To give you an idea with the curent set up in my sig I make 534 rwhp very reliable haven't had any problems hope this helps and I would definately go for the terminator they are the best bang for the buck

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
svtstang2000 you need to do a LOT of reading to prove those numbers aren't always true you're reading about. Spend some time in the Terminator Talk section and read for a couple of weeks and you'll fully understand what is going on with the cars.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
39 pound injectors will not reliably support 530 rwhp....Injector duty cycle will be maxed out if not outright unattainable. You would have to push the fuel pressure way too high

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Quite a few guys have ran 530hp over the years with the stockers and were perfectly fine. IronTerp I believe was one of them and he had over 530hp to the wheels. 96Stanggt also ran stock injectors with a shot of nitrous and made a lot of power.

Way to many people replace injectors before they're needed and to me it's a shame.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
^^^^Personally, I would rather be on the safe side and have a fuel system that can support at least 20% more power than what I am currently pushing.

02blownGT

Established Member
^Quite a few guys have ran 530hp over the years with the stockers and were perfectly fine. IronTerp I believe was one of them and he had over 530hp to the wheels. 96Stanggt also ran stock injectors with a shot of nitrous and made a lot of power.

Way to many people replace injectors before they're needed and to me it's a shame.

Listen to this guy you wont go wrong. :beer:

svtsupersnake

Banned
thanks for the faq page since i am new on this i have no clue where anything is. I have a v6 04 now so i know what the people advertise arent always true but yea i have no clue how much hp a v8 wit a supercharger does wit mods like ppl tell me just a pulley tune and exhaust will get the terminator up to 450rwhp idk if thats true

svtsupersnake

Banned
it seems that wit x pipe cat back cai/rai upper and lower pulley plus ported eaton and tb. i can get to 500 to 550 rwhp. Now i am wondering what could i do to put that power to the pavement for the suspension. Cuz i been reading and doing research and i cant find many like control arm upgrades and such at least not on lethal performance

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
With 500hp you will need fuel pump help. Either Twin GT pumps or a Kenne Bell bap. Both with the wiring upgrade also.

Now you'll also need some mass air meter help. You can use a dedicated mass air meter like a SCT BA2600 or a Diablosport Mafia. I like the dedicated units myself still.

or

You can chance not needing either and having to pay whoever is going to tune the car for a dyno session that is cut short because you're out of fuel or you're out of meter. I'll guess 95% of the time you will need both on a properly tuned 03/04 Cobra at 500hp. Or you can "tune the car for less than peak power" and get away with stock stuff. If you do this with a ported blower setup it will dyno close to the same as it did before the ported blower was installed if you kept everything else the same. So sure "it can be done".

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
The "guesstimated" Cobra internals on what hp they're good for is 750hp or so to the wheels. At least that's what I've gathered over the last few years and have pushed as much as 660hp to the wheels through a 2.3 Whipple @ 22lbs with the 6spd that was in the car. With the auto that's in it now, Race Ported Eaton, and a shot of nitrous the car has dyno'd as high as 649hp which is knocking on the 700hp door with the old 6spd.

Users who are viewing this thread