1=178
2=162
3=163
4=120
5=160
6=154
7=158
8=160

I put oil down cylinder number 4 and rechecked compression and it went to 160. So im just wondering what my options are? Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
If the compression came up after adding oil, it is probably an issue with the rings on that cylinder. Did you perform the test with a warm engine or cold? You could do a leak down test also to confirm were your issue is coming from.

cobra21987

Established Member
It was when it was warm and the car does smoke a little bit specially at wot. I have the money to fix it just wanna know what i should be getting for parts

racebronco2

Established Member
I would get a teksid block and get the rotating assembly from mmr. They have great prices but i would never have them do the assembly of the engine.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
I would get a teksid block and get the rotating assembly from mmr. They have great prices but i would never have them do the assembly of the engine.

:lol1:

Op call L&M they build quality engines but be ready cuz your wallet might hurt

Last edited:

cobra21987

Established Member
Yea im basically just looking for what im gonna need just to get it healthy again dont wanna go overboard cause im not going over the 600hp mark

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Why get a whole new block if its just the rings?

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
:( ooooo , that happened with my engine recently. Mine was #6 and #8. Had it rebuilt. Dont drive it, just fix it and dont risk screwing anything else up. Find a good shop around and heve them rebuild it unless you have the time and tools and skills to knock it out. Would save alot on labor. Good luck man. Never any fun having to fix the engine but atleast afterwards you'll know that its solid and miles really wont matter. 700 miles on mine zero issues.

Btw my rings were broke and some pitting on the top of piston #6.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Why get a whole new block if its just the rings?

+1, I looked into every option and having it rebuilt was most cost effective. My setup now can handle 1000rwhp and it has a full 1 year warranty an cost $3,700. MHP in fontana built it. Did a great job.

Have the blocked honed, new pistons to match. Possibly new rods and crank. Heads gone through, new valves to be safe, all new gaskets and you should be good to go. However you never know till you pull it pulled apart.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yea im not gonna go overboard if i dont have too just want to know the minimum to get it healthy

Best way to find out is to break it down. You can do as many tests as you want but to know for sure have someone tear it apart and go from there.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
Just get a long lock and be done. Then part out your long block and u will come out pretty good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread