• Styling Bar

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • 4 Point Roll Bar

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I never planned on going with an NHRA legal roll bar but still, the potential head injuries with any roll bar is probably going to steer me away.

I’m most likely going to end up with a styling bar knowing full well it’s nothing to put full faith in. Even if I was in coupe, I wouldn’t be driving it like I stole it with my kids in the car.

Thanks for all the input guys. I know I’m not making any rational sense…working through what I’m OK with and what I can do to alleviate some risk…albeit not much. Appreciate all the advice and criticism.

jtkz13

Established Member
I have the styling bar in mine, and I would think it could only help in a rollover. I feel like it helps a bit with body twist as well, since my dad's bone stock 03 Vert seems a little more wiggly than mine, but that could be due to other mods as well. Will it be as good as a coupe? Of course not, but I would never go back to a coupe for a fun cruiser. Nothing is like taking the fam for a summer drive with the top down.

Mine has the 3rd brake light, which I really like for looks and safety, but it does shine in the rear seat passenger faces at night time, if thats a downside for you.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I have the styling bar in mine, and I would think it could only help in a rollover. I feel like it helps a bit with body twist as well, since my dad's bone stock 03 Vert seems a little more wiggly than mine, but that could be due to other mods as well. Will it be as good as a coupe? Of course not, but I would never go back to a coupe for a fun cruiser. Nothing is like taking the fam for a summer drive with the top down.

Mine has the 3rd brake light, which I really like for looks and safety, but it does shine in the rear seat passenger faces at night time, if thats a downside for you.
Which one do you have? Do you have a link? Seems like there are only a few on the market right now.

robvas

Established Member
The best part of a styling bar is either taking off the seatbelt guides on the seat, so you pull your shoulder muscle reaching back to grab the seat belt, or deal with the guide rubbing on the styling bar and squeaking forever

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
My kids are the only reason I even bought a convertible. I always have my 5 year old and 3 year old boys in the back seat, I typically just stay around town though.
B5CA8FB5-9023-4247-866F-58DCAE9025B6-13933-00000A29D0CF7953.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread