FOR SALE: 03 Sonic Blue Cobra

PC03GT

Established Member
Not to be a dick, but something looks off with the paint in the engine bay. Fun fact you might not know all Terminators are paint matched and clear coated under the hood

svt703

Established Member
So it was black, and you painted it blue?
Yes, the black was fading out. Plus it’s hard to maintain that paint and given I live in an area where there’s pollen and random downpours, it got dirty really fast. I always found sonic blue more eye catching. Just my preference

LS WUT

Established Member
Okay. First of all thank you for your honesty. I thought the color did look a bit off in the engine bay, and maybe you used a phone to change the contrast to make the car look more blue at a gas station lighting. I’m looking for a real sonic blue. With your price for a 70k mile black coupe is a little high, I don’t mean any disrespect and I know I’m not supposed to discuss pricing. However a sonic blue is a specific color for 2003. They bring more money due to them being not as common. You should change your title to black, but painted blue. It’s a bit misleading for people who want a true sonic.

svt703

Established Member
Okay. First of all thank you for your honesty. I thought the color did look a bit off in the engine bay, and maybe you used a phone to change the contrast to make the car look more blue at a gas station lighting. I’m looking for a real sonic blue. With your price for a 70k mile black coupe is a little high, I don’t mean any disrespect and I know I’m not supposed to discuss pricing. However a sonic blue is a specific color for 2003. They bring more money due to them being not as common. You should change your title to black, but painted blue. It’s a bit misleading for people who want a true sonic.
The pictures are edited, yes. I will be uploading updated ones with description.

LS WUT

Established Member
@svt703 Hey man, I think what you need to understand is SVTPerformance has been around for a long time. It’s full of enthusiasts who enjoy these cars especially, along side many other cars. We are all like minded people. I will admit when people join merely to sell a car some people don’t like that very much. A forum is generally a place where people get information to fix their cars, or gain knowledge formaintenance, etc. As for what @PC03GT said. We are all like a family and look out for eachother. Whether it be in this forum or the cobra community. There has been plenty of people trying to pull a fast one on members here, and it’s been caught by others. I’m not trying to say that’s you, and giving you the benefit of the doubt. Not even trying to say you maliciously hid it wasn’t a true sonic blue. All I’m saying is for a potential Sonic Blue buyer they’re not looking for a black coupe that was painted sonic. Maybe to someone who isn’t worried about what the vin says might buy it. I’m sure if it’s a clean car with a fresh paint job it will do well. Maybe I’m just speaking for myself when I say that I’d like to buy an original sonic blue I’d have even possibly paid close to your asking if it were a true sonic. I wish you luck in your sale sir.

plumbcrazy

Established Member
Advice received. People above also mentioned how I should improve it, so I did. It is a community but damn, to ostracize someone like that - damn bro.
Don’t take it personally my man. Everybody here gets treated equally.
I have found that people here tell it like it is and I wouldn’t want it any other way. The high standards are what make this place so valuable to people who care a lot about these cars. All good.

plumbcrazy

Established Member
@svt703 Hey man, I think what you need to understand is SVTPerformance has been around for a long time. It’s full of enthusiasts who enjoy these cars especially, along side many other cars. We are all like minded people. I will admit when people join merely to sell a car some people don’t like that very much. A forum is generally a place where people get information to fix their cars, or gain knowledge formaintenance, etc. As for what @PC03GT said. We are all like a family and look out for eachother. Whether it be in this forum or the cobra community. There has been plenty of people trying to pull a fast one on members here, and it’s been caught by others. I’m not trying to say that’s you, and giving you the benefit of the doubt. Not even trying to say you maliciously hid it wasn’t a true sonic blue. All I’m saying is for a potential Sonic Blue buyer they’re not looking for a black coupe that was painted sonic. Maybe to someone who isn’t worried about what the vin says might buy it. I’m sure if it’s a clean car with a fresh paint job it will do well. Maybe I’m just speaking for myself when I say that I’d like to buy an original sonic blue I’d have even possibly paid close to your asking if it were a true sonic. I wish you luck in your sale sir.
Everything you said.
I have learned a lot here in the four years I’ve been on. Invaluable. Also figured out that painting my sonic blue Cobra zinc yellow might be a bad idea, lol.

13'5.0

Established Member
So after hearing all that, you ready to drive it off a cliff yet?!?!? Rough crowd here lol.

Users who are viewing this thread