03 mach vs 2010 challenger SRT8

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
... yeah, that Challenger ran a 12.56 (defiantly not stock, or had some sticky DRs). I've seen Mach 1s with 4.30s running mid 12s as well. There was even a bone stock Mach 1 that ran 12.5 -ONLY mod was 4.56s. The guy in the video ran a 13.5, which is worse than stock :dw:

I think it will be a fun race, and game over once da5deuce gets his 4.10s :rockon:

Can't remember the guys name, (Evans maybe?) but one of the designers of the 03/04 Mach1 ran a 12.7 in a bonestock 5 speed. But the conditions were perfect and it was at sea level.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nothing agaisnt you at all, we can go back and forth with "youtube vids". I hope you blow the doors off your buddy, but the ppl in this thread just act like its a walk in the park for you.

I live in reality so I know this will be a very close race for the most part, but I know for sure neither one of us will blow the doors off either car lol. I get where you coming from though:beer:

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using a android phone

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I'm just telling the guy how to win. Hate on me all you want... I run my races as long as my opponents want to go. :shrug:

Which is of course until the end of the 1/4 mile track. :halo:

I plan on running to the top of 4th from a dig because thats just about a 1320 race. We dont have many roads longer than a 1/8th mile without speedbumps or street lights in the "inner" cities of Los Angeles lol, but I know of a place that is 1/4mile worthy:thumbup:

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using a android phone

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
2003 Mach 1 stock (Manual trans - auto trans is slooow) performance:
0-60: 4.6 seconds
1/4 Mile: 13.0 seconds.
Horsepower: 320 @ 6000 RPM
Torque: 305 @ 4250 RPM
weight: 3,465 lbs

2010 SRT8 Challenger stock performance:
0-60: 4.9 seconds
1/4 Mile: 13.3 seconds
Horsepower: 425 @ 6200 RPM
Torque: 420 @ 4800 RPM
Weight: 4,132 lbs

It comes down to the Mach driver.

And the exhaust mods only help.

If both cars are truly stock, the power to weight problem with help the Mach if the driver is having a really good day.

Also depends on how old the engine and suspension parts are.

the Hemi is a good breather up top though...

Just run the guy and have fun. win or lose.

You may be surprised.

Its a friendly run between friends and I consider my self a little above average shifter. I have never missed a gear whether its racing or just having fun going wot, so I dont plan on missing any gears next friday lol. Im kinda skeptical about short shifting though

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Good luck to the Mach driver. You're gonna need it.

Thanks
:thumbup:

... yeah, that Challenger ran a 12.56 (defiantly not stock, or had some sticky DRs). I've seen Mach 1s with 4.30s running mid 12s as well. There was even a bone stock Mach 1 that ran 12.5 -ONLY mod was 4.56s. The guy in the video ran a 13.5, which is worse than stock :dw:

I think it will be a fun race, and game over once da5deuce gets his 4.10s :rockon:

yessir:beer:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
its a drivers race and as a mustang owner and as close homie i hope that challenger gets its ass whooped :beer:

I hope so too lol

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
OK, thread is getting ridiculous now. So now 13 flat is the norm for stock Mach 1's? Has it happened, Yes. The norm, no.

Adiabatik

Banned
Ran a Charger SRT8 while riding shotgun in a buddies full bolt-on/geared 02 GT from a dig. GT pulled 1.5 cars on him until around we hit 4th when the Charger started to reel. Those cars are fuggin pigs and take some road to get going. The Challenger is even more of a pig so I say it would be a good run.

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
OK, thread is getting ridiculous now. So now 13 flat is the norm for stock Mach 1's? Has it happened, Yes. The norm, no.

Who said 13's were the norm for machs. With bolt ons they "should" be at or below 13's depending on DA of course

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Ok I dont know if my buddy is retarded or what but now he says the challenger is 2012 chally which is the 392.

Wait..............hold up...............did the 2012 challengers even come out yet? This guy claims the car is in compton, and I am very curious of why a 2012 SRT8 challenger is in compton just parked. So now I dont know what he knows about cars or if he is even telling the truth anymore. I hope its a 2010 or under so I can have a chance at beating him but who knows now.

Ok MAJOR EDIT- the '12's arent even out yet so this guy is lying, why I do NOT know. He said he will explain 2maro but now I think he just tryna bulshittin me.:what:

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Who said 13's were the norm for machs. With bolt ons they "should" be at or below 13's depending on DA of course

See below, was posted on page 2

2003 Mach 1 stock (Manual trans - auto trans is slooow) performance:
0-60: 4.6 seconds
1/4 Mile: 13.0 seconds.
Horsepower: 320 @ 6000 RPM
Torque: 305 @ 4250 RPM
weight: 3,465 lbs

2010 SRT8 Challenger stock performance:
0-60: 4.9 seconds
1/4 Mile: 13.3 seconds
Horsepower: 425 @ 6200 RPM
Torque: 420 @ 4800 RPM
Weight: 4,132 lbs

It comes down to the Mach driver.

And the exhaust mods only help.

If both cars are truly stock, the power to weight problem with help the Mach if the driver is having a really good day.

Also depends on how old the engine and suspension parts are.

the Hemi is a good breather up top though...

Ok I dont know if my buddy is retarded or what but now he says the challenger is 2012 chally which is the 392.

Wait..............hold up...............did the 2012 challengers even come out yet? This guy claims the car is in compton, and I am very curious of why a 2012 SRT8 challenger is in compton just parked. So now I dont know what he knows about cars or if he is even telling the truth anymore. I hope its a 2010 or under so I can have a chance at beating him but who knows now.

Ok MAJOR EDIT- the '12's arent even out yet so this guy is lying, why I do NOT know. He said he will explain 2maro but now I think he just tryna bulshittin me.:what:

12's are out and if it is a 392 you will get crushed. The 2011 model has the 392 also.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
See below, was posted on page 2

12's are out and if it is a 392 you will get crushed. The 2011 model has the 392 also.

To my knowledge that was posted to give an idea of what each car is capable of but that doesnt mean its the norm my man:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread