03 mach vs 2010 challenger SRT8

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I think it will be pretty close, but I vote Mach 1 for 3 reasons:
1. With it being a new car to him and a high torque auto, you'll jump him off the line and easily pull with your weight advantage as he spins and keeps it pinned because he's behind.
2. This link shows a basically stock Mach 1 vs a 300 SRT8 from a roll. The Mach keeps up and beats it on the second roll. Close races from a roll anyway. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
About the same curb weight (4,160)
3. Mach 1's are awesome.

My suggestions: Run 1/4 tank of fuel, short shift as listed above (Others including myself have proven that to gain about 2 cars), offer to top his off before the run (ha ha), and remove the jack and spare tire.
Mach 1s are "neck and neck" cars with a lot of the good stuff. It makes me want to hide a 75 shot only to be used to finish the job.
FYI, I gained a SOLID 2-3 cars difference with JLT RAI, O/R X, and SCT tune.

That is my analysis, but I think it will be close. If you lose, show us the difference the mods make.

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member

Grab them quick and make him regret his new purchase.

Im confident that I can pull those off no problem:beer:

If he hooks you will lose... if he spins you might be able to pull it off..just make the race as short as possible... once you get up to speed he will start pulling.

Kinda figured as much but I we'll see what kinda driver I am. He seems like the type of guy to just put "the pedal to the metal"

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using a android phone

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I think it will be pretty close, but I vote Mach 1 for 3 reasons:
1. With it being a new car to him and a high torque auto, you'll jump him off the line and easily pull with your weight advantage as he spins and keeps it pinned because he's behind.
2. This link shows a basically stock Mach 1 vs a 300 SRT8 from a roll. The Mach keeps up and beats it on the second roll. Close races from a roll anyway. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
About the same curb weight (4,160)
3. Mach 1's are awesome.

My suggestions: Run 1/4 tank of fuel, short shift as listed above (Others including myself have proven that to gain about 2 cars), offer to top his off before the run (ha ha), and remove the jack and spare tire.
Mach 1s are "neck and neck" cars with a lot of the good stuff. It makes me want to hide a 75 shot only to be used to finish the job.
FYI, I gained a SOLID 2-3 cars difference with JLT RAI, O/R X, and SCT tune.

That is my analysis, but I think it will be close. If you lose, show us the difference the mods make.

Thanks for the advice, especially the 1/4 tank part and him filling up lol, didnt think of those but when I talked to him the 1st time he said he wanted to sell it. Since I asked him to run me, he wants to keep it, so I dont know what he wants to do but we will certainly run em because he is confident he will win.

He also thinks he has the a 6.3, I felt sorry for him and reminded him the differences of the '10 chally and the '11.

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using a android phone

Monster Mach

Established Member
Made a quick edit...

When I first got my SRT8 my friends 2010 Camaro SS would beat me by about 2 cars. I didn't know that I should turn off the ESP and use the auto stick. Once I got use to it we were door to door. We're both stock.

I've seen on this site more than once a Mach driver saying stock for stock that they beat 6.1 SRT8s. I can't seem to find a Mach down here to run, I even offered to run bolt on ones too. I don't see a stock Mach beating a stock SRT8 anything.

If I lived closer I would be glad to race.. but 1500 miles is a bit to travel

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
If I lived closer I would be glad to race.. but 1500 miles is a bit to travel

IKR, I see them all the time riding around but never in the same direction. I made a thread on a local forum and didnt get any bites. I'm sure I'll run one someday.

Monster Mach

Established Member
IKR, I see them all the time riding around but never in the same direction. I made a thread on a local forum and didnt get any bites. I'm sure I'll run one someday.

Most people are afraid of losing.. ill race a jet plane as long as I get to push the gas pedal

Mach Boy

Established Member

I know of one Mach in Rogers that would run you but he's cammed, PSRI and has a big bore. So I can't see that as being a good comparison to a stock one.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I know of one Mach in Rogers that would run you but he's cammed, PSRI and has a big bore. So I can't see that as being a good comparison to a stock one.

Yeah I think that would be a waste of gas for him.

boostaholick

Established Member
Um no
Get a tune and wax the str8 gay

:lol: Look at all the Leg Humping in here, haha. Im not a dodge or ford fan, But I do like the 03-04 cobra and love the new Mach's. But you have to be crazy mind if you think this mach stands a chance, even with a tune it's still gonna get raped.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He32quxalqI"]2003 Mach 1 vs. Hemi Challenger - ZMax Dragway Test n Tune - YouTube[/nomedia]

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
:lol: Look at all the Leg Humping in here, haha. Im not a dodge or ford fan, But I do like the 03-04 cobra and love the new Mach's. But you have to be crazy mind if you think this mach stands a chance, even with a tune it's still gonna get raped.

2003 Mach 1 vs. Hemi Challenger - ZMax Dragway Test n Tune - YouTube

Whoa there buddy I think you're underestimating the mach. I have seen machs beat srt8 chargers and challengers with not many mods at all and I have seen machs lose to srt8's but by a fender. That video proves nothing. I can show you vids where a mach is raping a challenger. Who knows what was done to that challenger, and that mach is an auto. 5spd machs are better.

Last edited:

boostaholick

Established Member
I also love this reply

"If he hooks you will lose... if he spins you might be able to pull it off..just make the race as short as possible... once you get up to speed he will start pulling."

Just silly' If the mach loses it loses, "lets just run to 90, so if the srt8 spins and starts reelin me in..SHUT IT DOWN so I can say my basically stock 03 mach pulled on a 10' srt8 challenger....

Sounds like some pussy shit(not meaning this to the op, but to the guy that posted the quote above.

Last edited:

boostaholick

Established Member
Whoa there buddy I think you're underestimating the mach. I have seen machs beat srt8 chargers and challengers with not many mods at all and I have seen machs lose to srt8's but by a fender. That video proves nothing. I can show you vids where a mach is raping a challenger. Who knows what was done to that challenger, and that mach is an auto. 5spd machs are better.

Nothing agaisnt you at all, we can go back and forth with "youtube vids". I hope you blow the doors off your buddy, but the ppl in this thread just act like its a walk in the park for you.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I also love this reply

"If he hooks you will lose... if he spins you might be able to pull it off..just make the race as short as possible... once you get up to speed he will start pulling."

Just silly' If the mach loses it loses, "lets just run to 90, so if the srt8 spins and starts reelin me in..SHUT IT DOWN so I can say my basically stock 03 mach pulled on a 10' srt8 challenger....

Sounds like some pussy shit(not meaning this to the op, but to the guy that posted the quote above.

I COMPLETELY agree with you my man, and I will never be that person. I want to race from a dig and roll, and whatever happens happens:D

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I also love this reply

I'm just telling the guy how to win. Hate on me all you want... I run my races as long as my opponents want to go. :shrug:

Which is of course until the end of the 1/4 mile track. :halo:

Last edited:

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
2003 Mach 1 stock (Manual trans - auto trans is slooow) performance:
0-60: 4.6 seconds
1/4 Mile: 13.0 seconds.
Horsepower: 320 @ 6000 RPM
Torque: 305 @ 4250 RPM
weight: 3,465 lbs

2010 SRT8 Challenger stock performance:
0-60: 4.9 seconds
1/4 Mile: 13.3 seconds
Horsepower: 425 @ 6200 RPM
Torque: 420 @ 4800 RPM
Weight: 4,132 lbs

It comes down to the Mach driver.

And the exhaust mods only help.

If both cars are truly stock, the power to weight problem with help the Mach if the driver is having a really good day.

Also depends on how old the engine and suspension parts are.

the Hemi is a good breather up top though...

Monster Mach

Established Member

That is one of the slowest mach I have seen.. I was running 13.0 whith intake exhaust tune with ballld tires 2.3 60.. that car can deff get off the line better.. ... but then again I was standard idk

Last edited:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member

... yeah, that Challenger ran a 12.56 (defiantly not stock, or had some sticky DRs). I've seen Mach 1s with 4.30s running mid 12s as well. There was even a bone stock Mach 1 that ran 12.5 -ONLY mod was 4.56s. The guy in the video ran a 13.5, which is worse than stock :dw:

I think it will be a fun race, and game over once da5deuce gets his 4.10s :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread