03 KB w/Cams Analysis

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by HAVEIGHT 13R
Jim knows his stuff like no one else I squeaked out the door with nearly 670 STD:-D Thanks Jim, but hey Franco your car is amazing and awesome to boot! So whats next for the beast!
Drop me a line some time I plan on coming out to the East coast in the spring some time it would be cool to meet up and see your animal, Badass Ride, love the avtar as well.

650 is attianable on pump gas thats what my car has in it now, JDM knows thier stuff.:rockon:
Squeaked? Jim's a pretty big dude..i think u had some back up to get outta his shop with that much power ;-) I'm still pushing for a nitrous tune, but first the first thing after cams r done and fuel in place..suspension. I need to put all this to the ground and make it stick. I will for sure, and let me know next time u head to JDM..i'll take a swing by :beer: And, Matt..u got a beast yourself. I would love to have your torque curve, but i'm too much of a chicken to swap out my crank pulley :lol1: u got balls my man :thumbsup:

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
Just get the Metco ten rib kit 3.55 upper with a ten pound lower it is a awesome kit, if you want pics let me know and I'll get them for you it was the best money spent on this car besides JDM working on the car.:rockon:
p.s it makes 22psi

trey193

Established Member
I can vouch for Haveight's car making 22-23, everytime I would get on it was getting up on the 23 mark on the boost guage with no problem. That ten rib kit is awesome!! :)

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
Awesome #s.. You were pretty much dead on with your estimates! Lets see more #s with your other setup ;)
;-) ..and get your butt back up here so we can cruise.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by 00SVTdubs
holly shit Franco, awesome set up. Check your pm's
Got it, sent u back :beer:

Originally posted by 03'Darin
Franco that is just freakin' sick man. I LOVE IT!!!!

Darin
Thankyou, Darin :)

Originally posted by wuplash
looks like jdm is the place to go for getting great power out of a kb setup.

your cobra must be a real flyer now:beer:
Godwilling, i hope it to be.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by HAVEIGHT 13R
Just get the Metco ten rib kit 3.55 upper with a ten pound lower it is a awesome kit, if you want pics let me know and I'll get them for you it was the best money spent on this car besides JDM working on the car.:rockon:
p.s it makes 22psi
I was talking to Jim about your setup the other and i was actually holding the crank pulley in my hand before they shipped it out to u a few weeks back :eek: I haven't discussed an install with him yet but the pieces r awesome. I love the reinforced bracket for the tensioner :rockon:

Originally posted by trey193
I can vouch for Haveight's car making 22-23, everytime I would get on it was getting up on the 23 mark on the boost guage with no problem. That ten rib kit is awesome!! :)
*drools* :)

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Not sure on the specs, sorry..prob best to call up JDM. The springs and retainers that came with them were used.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Update: I picked up my car yesterday. The pump tune is at 660rwhp/570rwtq. The car peaked at 720rwhp/680rwtq(again with only 20-21psi)but the fuel line needs to be upgraded. The car will be brought back within a week and a half for the upgrade on the fuel line, then the fun begins again.

As for my initial feel of driving the car home. Instant hardon for me :-D It cruises smoother than silk, the reaction to boost is instaneous, more now than ever. When she's all dialed in, anyone in my area who wants a ride, let me know....

Rayzcar

Established Member
JSHTROD - AND FRANCO

The specs on your cams shoud be; Duration of 258 and a Lift of 425 intake and exhaust. At least that's what the card on mine says and Anthony at JDM said we have the same ones. Springs and retainers were changed to titanium.

Rayzcar

Established Member
Yes indeed!! I drove it to work today; it's now covered in salt! I'll be leaving hear in about an hour to head up that way. See you tomorrow. Think of some place good for lunch.:thumbsup:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Originally posted by Xplicit
Update: I picked up my car yesterday. The pump tune is at 660rwhp/570rwtq. The car peaked at 720rwhp/680rwtq(again with only 20-21psi)but the fuel line needs to be upgraded. The car will be brought back within a week and a half for the upgrade on the fuel line, then the fun begins again.

As for my initial feel of driving the car home. Instant hardon for me :-D It cruises smoother than silk, the reaction to boost is instaneous, more now than ever. When she's all dialed in, anyone in my area who wants a ride, let me know....

I am in your area.....well I am in Auburn, but I estimate with the way that thing runs it should only be a 30 minute drive.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread