03 KB w/Cams Analysis

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Craig of JDM assembling the covers back on my car..cams have been already installed. GREAT work Craig!
attachment.php

Last edited:

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
Awesome Franco I Talked to Jim last night and he was so calm like he always is, and just like yeah the car made 707 I was like WHOA! Man that car is gonna be crazy.:beer: congrats:rockon:

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Previous wheel speed for my 637 pull was 132mph(w/315 Nittos). New wheel speed is 151mph(w/ET Streets 28x11)with cams. The rwhp & rwtq r slightly higher because of the conversion to wheel speed..the run files r the same.

nocamrun.jpg

camrun.jpg

coleman

Established Member
is that an estimated ET? ... get out there are prove it! :)
i can't even get close to realizing my car's potential :cryying:
... but it's fun trying :)

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Estimated ET, yes. Just showing everything from an analytical standpoint of what the gains from cams r :) It's still 10 degrees here and it's gonna snow for the next 3 days :( How's the hospitality down in Texas, can i stay with u? :-D

coleman

Established Member
when, for an upcoming event sometime?
weather is 56 right now but will only get to 62 -- rain is in the forecast.

most of the tracks are closed :(
but they're starting to open :)

i've got a few events scheduled for this year...

wuplash

Established Member
looks like jdm is the place to go for getting great power out of a kb setup.

your cobra must be a real flyer now:beer:

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Pump gas

Xplicit

Are you going to have a pump gas tune as well? It would be nice to see if 650hp is possible on 93 octane...

trey193

Established Member
If I had your combo Franco I would always mix 100octane or better with 93 its to easy to do and provides such a safeguard, I actually think its foolish when I see guys trying to make huge power with 93 octane and then throw in the inconsistencies with gas this time of year I say its a no brainer to always have good gas mixed with your beast, I am sure Jim D'Amore would agree! :)

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Absolutely, Trey, i agree wholeheartedly. When i go to the track or i think i'm going racing i will always mix race fuel in. In fact i'm buying a drum of 100 octane for my house. Yea, no chance Jim will let me leave with over 700rwhp ;-) That will be strictly a race tune..not for cruising around.

Last edited:

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Re: Pump gas

Originally posted by Joe King
Xplicit

Are you going to have a pump gas tune as well? It would be nice to see if 650hp is possible on 93 octane...

Hi Joe. I'll have a pump tune, yes. My tune before the cams was with 94 octane when i was making 637rwhp. But if i had intentions of racing i'd throw in some race fuel just to be safe. My feelings are no matter what boost i'm running or how much power, if i'm racing, i'm throwing in race fuel.

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
Jim knows his stuff like no one else I squeaked out the door with nearly 670 STD:-D Thanks Jim, but hey Franco your car is amazing and awesome to boot! So whats next for the beast!
Drop me a line some time I plan on coming out to the East coast in the spring some time it would be cool to meet up and see your animal, Badass Ride, love the avtar as well.

650 is attianable on pump gas thats what my car has in it now, JDM knows thier stuff.:rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread