03 DSG Snake Banned

musclefan21

Established Member
Probably 98% of the PMs I get about infractions are very cool and mellow.
Thanks to those people.:beer::beer:

The other 2% are totally out of line and nasty. Some very very minor infractions have turned into bans because of the totally out of line PMs over a simple warning or minor infraction.:nonono:

you are welcome??? ;-)

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
The other 2% are totally out of line and nasty. Some very very minor infractions have turned into bans because of the totally out of line PMs over a simple warning or minor infraction.:nonono:

Quick question about PM's since it's not in the official SVTP rule thread: Can you ban someone due to something contained in a Private Message like you stated here? Or does that sort of fall under Rule 1 even though it's in a PM?

Only curious. :read:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Quick question about PM's since it's not in the official SVTP rule thread: Can you ban someone due to something contained in a Private Message like you stated here? Or does that sort of fall under Rule 1 even though it's in a PM?

In short, Yes.

A lot will depend on the nature of it but it can happen.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator

In short, Yes.

A lot will depend on the nature of it but it can happen.

As Barry stated, yes. But it doesn't happen very often.
Usually a PM is sent back about the offending PM. MOST members realize it's just an infraction or warning and move on.

The very few that don't, and want to keep being rude and offensive are usually temp banned to chill out.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Can't say I'm going to miss him.

On the off topic, I've had my share, and I think I've been banned thrice, but I've mellowed out since then. I got banned on purpose by LL :D

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Never been banned, but I do have a 2 point infraction that will never expire.

That is why I choose not to post in Donut Shop anymore.
wait.gif

F8L BYT

Established Member
I have been on here for pretty much 6 years now and have only had one infraction b/c i accidently posted in a LEO only thread.. my fault i accept that. But I have never been banned, Some people just like pushing buttons trying to be funny and it can cost them temporarily.

homer302

Banned
I dont see how everyone hasn't had infractions either? I got infractions for posting a non constructive comment.....in SD no less. I would have to assume everyone who has ever posted in SD at least has infractions. I would say at least 99% of SD threads are not constructive. I thought that was the point. :shrug:
Like everyone else has said, I learned though. Haven't been back in SD since.

Also points for posting a thread in the wrong forum. The thread didn't get moved, I got infractions for it. I guess people go around putting stuff in the wrong place on purpose but I didn't. It was where I thought it should go. Now I just try not to post a thread unless I am dead sure I know where it goes. Mostly just keep thoughts to myself to avoid trouble now.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I dont see how everyone hasn't had infractions either? I got infractions for posting a non constructive comment.....in SD no less. I would have to assume everyone who has ever posted in SD at least has infractions. I would say at least 99% of SD threads are not constructive. I thought that was the point. :shrug:

Also points for posting a thread in the wrong forum. The thread didn't get moved, I got infractions for it. I guess people go around putting stuff in the wrong place on purpose but I didn't. It was where I thought it should go. Now I just try not to post a thread unless I am dead sure I know where it goes. Mostly just keep thoughts to myself to avoid trouble now.

You have 5 infractions and 19 points in 7 months.:nonono: Try following the rules.
You called another mod/admin a lair in the thread you're sniveling about and you were given a well earned infraction for it.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member

I havent ever had an infraction in SD, and thats where I mainly post. :shrug:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I have been banned numerous times....I think 90% of them from Larry. I push the envelope sometimes I guess. I don't know how you guys/girls that haven't benn banned "color in the lines" all the time.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Ive never been banned, or got any infractions.. Im good at stayin out of the shit..

Ive always been cool with Larry, hes a really good guy, and really easy to get along with if your not retarded.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
I have had 2 one month bans and numerous amounts of infractions. I blame it on the alcohol though.

Users who are viewing this thread