03 Cobra vs GTR!

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Nice kill.

I ran one from 50~125 a couple of pulls and beat him pretty convincingly both time. He was probably stock though.

They have had GTR's with a computer reflash run in the 10's so the guys story could be true. But they have to use launch control to run that time and they have been genading trannys doing that. I hear Nissian has been voiding the tranny warranty for turning launch control on to much. I hear now the company is deleting launch control in 2010. Stock GTR's using launch control run around 11.7 and without launch control about 12.2 .

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My buddy has a black one that he entirely clear bra'd because he's gonna sell it soon. He paid 70k, waited 2 years and got one of the 1st one's around. I haven't raced him but he told me he out ran some cops going 160 on the freeway and that it had a lot left in it. I think they can run 195 flat out, not bad for a 3850lbs awd car making only 480hp at the crank, that's what a drag coeficient of .27 will do for you though.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Nice avatar by the way o3snakebite...
+1:beer:
Nice kill.
Stock GTR's using launch control run around 11.7 and without launch control about 12.2 .
This is true but Nissan is changing that. I think it was Edmunds that posted a GT-R with the VCD off after Nissan repogrammed it. It was around .2-.3 tenths slower than with the VCD on from 0-60. So Nissan improved it on that.

jeffs

Established Member
Think about how lethal the Jeep srt8's are especially if you encounter one from a dig. I didn't know that these GTR's are AWD, actually I wouldn't know one if I seen one. But it sounds like a powerful car with AWD, "uhh ohh" from a dig!

Users who are viewing this thread