03 Cobra vs GTR!

Rev_HardSVT

Midwest Mustangs
Established Member
beautiful night calls for some cruising. Out and about with the girl and out pops out this white GTR crossing traffic going opposite way of me, gets one glimpse of me and busts a u-turn! I know it's going to be a great night after that. We stop on the ramp onto 75 north and he asks if I want to run and like Im going to say "NO". We get on cruise to about 35 and I lay down 3 honks and the next thing I know I'm at 135 barely had him, when I say barely I mean by a headlight, it was that intense. Pulled off the highway and talked for a bit and he said it had a exhaust and a tune. Claims it ran 10.80s In the quarter, but overall nice guy. Asked me when was the last time I went 180 mph and. Said never and told me if I ever saw him around to catch him and we'll go for a ride. What a beautiful night!

SlowSVT

Established Member
A GTR is nothing to sneeze at. You actually held your own pretty good with your mods. From a dig it would not have been pretty but congrats none the less.

I wish they would have skinned that car with a G35 coup body. I can't get past the looks of that car (looks like it's molting with another car emerging out from the grill :nonono:)

wrxman60

Premiere Wheelman
Established Member
I actually saw a silver one last week on the road in my truck, older guy that was just taking it easy. Unreal, those 4 exhaust tips out the back look like they are 4" in diameter each

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Soo far ive only seen two of them and my god i have to say they stand out a lot!!! They are not the best car in the world but its cool when you see a car thats not an everyday car. Funny thing is that a friend of mine goes to the night races and he told me he saw a stolen GTR!!!! He had a broken window on the back of the passengers side and a computer thing to turn on the car, he had no key. Idiot was trying to look for a race too. When cops came, he was one of the first to leave right away.

res0n0xg

Established Member
i think his 10.80's are BS. either way, if he did have exhaust + tune you should still beat him with your mods, but it'll be close. good win

BlueSnake01

Established Member
i think his 10.80's are BS. either way, if he did have exhaust + tune you should still beat him with your mods, but it'll be close. good win

Remember it was a rolling race, launch can be a whole different story even then maybe not 10's but somewhere close to it. If it was a neck to neck race, it mustve had at least 80 whp more than stock. Car weights more than the Termi and is AWD which drags the car even more than a RWD car. Good race nonetheless :beer:

Last edited:

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
I wish they would have skinned that car with a G35 coup body. I can't get past the looks of that car (looks like it's molting with another car emerging out from the grill :nonono:)

You know I didn't like the looks of it when I saw the first pics either but I changed my mind when I saw one in person. They look sick.

StangJason

Established Member
Soo far ive only seen two of them and my god i have to say they stand out a lot!!! They are not the best car in the world but its cool when you see a car thats not an everyday car. Funny thing is that a friend of mine goes to the night races and he told me he saw a stolen GTR!!!! He had a broken window on the back of the passengers side and a computer thing to turn on the car, he had no key. Idiot was trying to look for a race too. When cops came, he was one of the first to leave right away.

I would have called the police on him myself! I hate thieves :shrug:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I would have called the police on him myself! I hate thieves :shrug:

Well I wasnt there personally, but someone took pics of the car, hopefully of the person and plates. Kind of sucks since the car is new to the U.S and someone already stoled one:nonono:.

Rev_HardSVT

Midwest Mustangs
Established Member
He was also telling me how him and a few of his other friends that have lambo gallardos rent out hallet raceway and go out and race and they also go up to kansas city and race other exotics around there. Must be nice

Rev_HardSVT

Midwest Mustangs
Established Member
Ya i waw thinking about it and if he ran "10.80s" then those cars are all at the tree or a stop and not much top end, but like i said a hell of a race.

Users who are viewing this thread