03 Cobra Value

Qwk GT

Established Member
Hi All,

I've been looking for a low mileage Cobra and came across one with 4k miles. Wondering what is it really worth. Just want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off. Its a black 03, 4k miles, all stock. I've done the usual kbb.com/NADA stuff, but this guy wants more than what I paid for my 04 3 yrs ago w/17k miles.

Its at a dealer, so I know they charge more than private party. Just wanted some opinions to make sure I'm not getting ripped off.

Last edited:

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Need more info than what you posted. What are they asking? I know someone that picked up a perfect condition 03' 10th with under 4k last fall for 24k. Not from a Stealership though.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
need more details to help ya out. got to remember, there out loads of cars like this with that kind of mileage, so you are going to pay a bit more, which is somewhat understandable.

Qwk GT

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I'm not really sure what other info I have. Autocheck/carfax say no accident history, 2 owners (1st owner put 3k miles in a yr, 2nd put 1400 miles in until he got rid of it I think in around May 2011). 4,400 miles. Build date 12-02. Paint looks good, can't see any after market parts, still has silencer and stock cat back.

They wanted a really high price, 30k. I guess I talked the guy down to 27k. I'm just not sure I want to spend that. I only spent 23k on my 04 3 yrs ago, but it had 17k miles. I like the car, just don't want to be ripped off by the dealer.

Any input would be appreciated.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Did many of these terminator have any issues when they first came out with that low of miles? Just wondering, cause someone drops alot of coin on a very low mileage cobra and then all of a sudden problems all over the place.

jim fleming

SNAKEBIT04
Established Member
Bought my 2004 vert with 13750 miles, pully, CAI, steeda springs and cat back, caster/ camber, diff brace, SCT tune about 6 months ago from a dealer for $21,750. Paint is perfect, spotless inside, still smells new, runs great.

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
bought my 03 vert from a dealer in SoCal for 24.8K back in March 2011. bone stock with 4,500 miles.

Qwk GT

Established Member
So from the posts given it seems its a little on the high side? I've found a couple of deals on verts but I just don't really want one. And the coupes I've found that seem to a be a good deal were either bought before I could contact them or I found them when I wasn't quite ready.

Any other opinons? I just wanted a stock low mileage one so that I wouldn't have to worry about ragged out cars or poor tune, abuse, ect.

Other opinions? Any input is appreciated. I like the car just not looking to get ripped off.

Thanks

revolutionIX

Established Member
$27k is a GREAT deal!! I spent the better part of 2+ years searching for a low mileage, clean California title'd Cobra Coupe and just found it a couple weeks ago. It had 3,754 miles on it and I paid a little over $27k for it. If I were you, I would hope on it before it's gone and you're stuck searching for another one that "might" come along later.. Just my opion though..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Low mileage or not, get it thoroughly checked out before you commit to a purchase. Sounds like a great car from the info you presented here. It's getting harder to find lower mileage Terminators like this, but dang, they still keep popping up. Seems like more people than expected bought their car with the intent to rarely drive it.

Owner #1 had the car for about 1 year and put 3,000 miles on it.
Owner #2 probably had the car for 7 years and put 1,400 miles on it in that time.

Users who are viewing this thread