03 Cobra Roller Worth?

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Just curious to see what rollers are selling for these days? I have a 2003 DSG Convertible sitting and to be honest I think it's time to move on from that car. Last time I checked I think the car has about 68k miles on the chassis and the has the following done to it:

-UPR Chromoly K-member kit (A-arms, Lakewood 90/10 & Coilovers)
-SRA Swap with Baseline suspension control arms & QA ajustable coilover shocks
-Sumped tank with Glenns Perf Triple walbro setup (return style Fuel system)
-MM 6 point rollbar
-MM subframe connectors

I know there's stuff that I might be missing the paint is 7/10 and interior being 8/10, been planning on putting it back together with a 3.4 whipple but before I go dumping thousands into it I am considering just selling the roller. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Bryan

IMAG0062-2.jpg

IMG_1641-1.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

Ourobos

Established Member
Which wheels? Electronics included also, just no engine or transmission?

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
All the wiring is there, only missing motor and trans. As for wheels Black 03 cobra wheels or Prostars....

cj428mach

Established Member
I kinda thought I saw sonicsaleen saying a roller was worth about 6k.

At this point the car is just worth the sum of the cobra parts as an 03 Cobra bare shell I don't think is worth more than a few $100 more than a gt bare shell.

Last edited:

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
I kinda thought I saw sonicsaleen saying a roller was worth about 6k.

At this point the car is just worth the sum of the cobra parts as an 03 Cobra bare shell I think is worth more than a few $100 more than a gt bare shell.

4 to 6 k in condition described.

I would have thought rollers would be in the 8-10k range depending on condition, at 6k I think I'd rather let it sit and I'll get to it when I'm ready.

Ucnhtmenow

Established Member
I just bought a roller with 60k miles on it. All the trim was taken off and primed for paint. Car had suspension, detroit locker w/ 3.90s, bassani cat back, intercooler, fr500s & sub frame connectors for $4,500. I got a steal of a lifetime. Only things missing besides motor n trans of course were the side scoop trip and side view mirrors. Interior is 9/10. Unbelievable. And I only had to drive 500miles to get it.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Your car is a long way from being a cobra. Even sourcing used parts, big coin for engine, tranny and IRS. Most won't want a cage, so more money for interior trim messed up by the cage. Do all that and now you have a mutt that won't sell for the same money as an unmolested one. Your also looking for a guy who can donate his own sweat equity...not a spendthrift group! :)

Ourobos

Established Member
I'd say 6k. Then you can build the engine of your desires, and source a T56 and exhaust.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Your car is a long way from being a cobra. Even sourcing used parts, big coin for engine, tranny and IRS. Most won't want a cage, so more money for interior trim messed up by the cage. Do all that and now you have a mutt that won't sell for the same money as an unmolested one. Your also looking for a guy who can donate his own sweat equity...not a spendthrift group! :)

Funny last time I checked the Vin# came up as a cobra ;-) , as for the 6 point only thing that had to be altered was the rug (Cut holes). Thanks for your input though just going to keep it better.

Last edited:

Ucnhtmenow

Established Member
Geesh, did I miss the ball busting call or what. I got a good buddy whose busting mine just cuz he wants the car. Making it seem like it would be a waste of time to do anything with it just so he can try to get me to trade him. Smh.. if they weren't worth a damn people wouldn't be paying top $ for bone stock units. If anything id say a stock cobra is farther from a "real" cobra than a "built" shell. Like Ourobos said, then you can build it to your desire. Why buy a cobra if u dont want to "go fast". Lord knows parts arent cheap for mod' motors anyway so ur better off doing it your way. imo anyone that doesn't want the extra safety of a cage is either planning on staying slow or just plain nuts (adrenaline junkies). Just sayin

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

4500 along with 4k just in parts. 60000mi

Hard to tell by the pic, but does the whole thing need to be painted? Was it a silver car or red?

What do you mean by 4k just in parts? did you pay 4500 for what is pictured (no motor or trans) and they gave you an additional 4k in parts or are you saying you paid 4500 and what you got is 4k worth of parts if you parted it out?

Intercooler? Do you mean heat exchanger? the intercooler is harder to find than a heat exchanger and could potentially cost a lot more.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
That other car needing to be repainted really hurts. I'd say minimum it would cost to get it repainted would be 2k, but probably more like 3k for a professional job.

Ucnhtmenow

Established Member
I got 4000 in additional parts that came with the car along with the built rear end. Sub frames, susp, wheels, yes I meant intercooler not exchanger, mass air, throttlebody, elbow.. must I keep going. And yes it might cost a bit to get repainted if u dont know people but I got a paint guy who did a pretty nice job on this fox I used to have.. so yea its not hurtin to get this car for 4500 at all.. IMG_91560788651955.jpeg

Last edited:

Ucnhtmenow

Established Member
I cant wait to see the posts by these "ballbusters" about how s*itty that paint job is somehow too. If only they knew the guy that painted it. He prolly has more mod motors than we have cars lol. The guy that sold me the "crappy unpainted one" is also selling his buddys 99 (roller) but selling the termi motor n trans it had in it seperate. But I will delete this post bcuz I dont want to sway off subject on someone elses thread because as we can see people dont "throughly" read things and screw everyone else up with their blind comments. Unless you dont mind. View attachment 33926View attachment 33927View attachment 33928

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

I got 4000 in additional parts that came with the car along with the built rear end. Sub frames, susp, wheels, yes I meant intercooler not exchanger, mass air, throttlebody, elbow.. must I keep going. And yes it might cost a bit to get repainted if u dont know people but I got a paint guy who did a pretty nice job on this fox I used to have.. so yea its not hurtin to get this car for 4500 at all..

:lol:, I was just asking a couple of questions to understand better what you really got out of your deal.

I cant wait to see the posts by these "ballbusters" about how s*itty that paint job is somehow too. If only they knew the guy that painted it. He prolly has more mod motors than we have cars lol. The guy that sold me the "crappy unpainted one" is also selling his buddys 99 (roller) but selling the termi motor n trans it had in it seperate. But I will delete this post bcuz I dont want to sway off subject on someone elses thread because as we can see people dont "throughly" read things and screw everyone else up with their blind comments. Unless you dont mind.

Seriously man, sound like you are just looking for attention and looking to shove stuff in peoples faces that may disagree or something. Take a step back, breathe and relax. It is a public message forum. You will have haters no matter what. No need go out of your way to try and call them out. You will also have people that agree. But your posts come across like you are looking for attention. Congrats, I read your posts and replied. :D

Ucnhtmenow

Established Member
Yea I see that so obviously wasnt talking to you unless ur a hater? no need telling people what to do like your their father or something. And I went so far out of my way to do what? Not once did I say 1 negative thing about anyone's car cuz im not a hater. So whos looking for attention. Come on guy really. I guess no need to respond lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread