03 Cobra on Horsepower TV

ModsAway

Established Member
For those of you that saw this special do you agree with my opinion of the show..... DISAPPOINTING.

Heck, 90% of us on this board have done more to our Cobras then these guys did.

I guess I was expecting a full show on our cars but maybe thats just because I'm in love with my car more then they are.

They never mentioned: A/F ratios, why changing the stock programming was worth so much HP (Pig Rich), never even talked about Torque, didn't touch the exhaust or CAI.

Ah well, I guess my expectations for this show were FAR too high. I will just stick to this board as it is much more exciting then that show was.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There were a couple of other threads discussing the show. The general consensus seems to be that was "OK", didn't tell us much of anything, and left out the basic mods that most do first -- the catback and intake. As a matter of fact, with their Hyertech programmer they stated it is not recommended to make an intake or catback change. So......very disappointing show in my opinion both in what they covered and their lack of knowledge about the '03/'04 Cobra. :)

Juiced-03

Established Member
I agree with you, and so does the rest of the forum ;-)

Last edited:

sam

Established Member
i think that hypertech sent them a programmer and upr sent them the pullies. this was for advertisment purposes to show there products. all the show had to do was find a cobra owner as a donor car for the install. it was never meant to be a new build up for the cobra. what suprised me was the programmer gave them 43 hp alone. then with the pulley install the gains were minimal. that tell's me that hypertech pulled all the timing out of the motor to run the smaller pulley size. the show was trying to convince us that the programmer alone would not void the warrenty but the changing of the pullies would not be worth it. and basically scare someone against cai & exhaust.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Who can we all send an email to to get them to run a real buildup episode? Surely the folks on this site have some pull, I mean there are a shit load of us!

cobraRcraig

Established Member
yeah guys, but watch this weekend they'll put heads and a cam in the SS. i agree not enough. the blower install on the ss or turbo kit, maybe it's the chevy guy who has the big peanuts on the show and the other guys are just his beaches

ModsAway

Established Member
Well repost or not this had to be discussed AGAIN because it was just too disappointing for me :mj:

Either way glad to see everyone was as dissapointed as me and it just shows I have been too darn busy for my own liking lately as I missed the last post on this topic and I try to get here often.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Yeah heaven forbid you guys learn to search and stop asking the same question 100 times, and posting the same threads repeatedly.

That would be a tragedy.

Bassin sure is a German soldier who helped try to exterminate an entire race of people for suggesting that.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by sam
i think that hypertech sent them a programmer and upr sent them the pullies. this was for advertisment purposes to show there products. all the show had to do was find a cobra owner as a donor car for the install. it was never meant to be a new build up for the cobra. what suprised me was the programmer gave them 43 hp alone. then with the pulley install the gains were minimal. that tell's me that hypertech pulled all the timing out of the motor to run the smaller pulley size. the show was trying to convince us that the programmer alone would not void the warrenty but the changing of the pullies would not be worth it. and basically scare someone against cai & exhaust.
Interesting take on why they did it, but changing the intake and exhaust won't void your warrantee, so there was no reason for them to "scare" owners into not doing those two mods. The real reason I belive they did the show was to simply highlight the programmer, which unfortunately is not set up for an intake and exhaust change. For whatever dumb reason. Hence their "advice" not to replace the intake and exhaust. LOL! Those who know these Cobras will now be quick to avoid the Hypertech programmer.
;-)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by ModsAway
Well repost or not this had to be discussed AGAIN because it was just too disappointing for me :mj:

Either way glad to see everyone was as dissapointed as me and it just shows I have been too darn busy for my own liking lately as I missed the last post on this topic and I try to get here often.
I agree. Some get way to up tight about reposts and not using the Search button. Some will use it and some will not. Some people CHOOSE to repost to start a fresh discussion. Some simply didn't know there was a previous post. If people get annoyed with those who "re-post" then they should simply pass by the thread. JMO. ;-)

SnkebiteL

Established Member
Yeah it's the same thing they did to the grand national damn seat cover. Who cares about seats cover? Pulley and hypertech huh! You get 25-30 rear wheel with just an air filter plus another 30-40hp with catback. And to think I taped this show because of that. Well at least I saw one on the dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread